Kyren Williams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
What's important to me is that Kyren is playing as well/better than any RB in the NFL, outside of CMC.

Down to down.. the kid is incredible.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
I think some context is in order on those numbers, which you seem to be using as ammunition to diminish Faulk's production...

=================================================================
Marshall Faulk, Indianapolis Colts (1994–1998)
Faulk was drafted in the first round with the second overall pick in the 1994 NFL Draft by the Indianapolis Colts, who were in desperate need of a running game. On July 25, 1994, Faulk signed a seven-year $17.2 million contract and received a $5.1 million signing bonus. Faulk responded by rushing for 1,282 yards, 11 touchdowns, and one receiving touchdown. The Colts improved to 8–8. Marshall Faulk, later that season, would become the first NFL player to win both the Offensive Rookie of the Year Award and the Pro Bowl's Most Valuable Player Award in the same season. He was also the first rookie to win Pro Bowl MVP.

The next season Faulk rushed for 1,078 yards and 14 total touchdowns. The Colts made the postseason, going 9–7, and narrowly missed the Super Bowl after a close loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers in the AFC Championship Game, which Faulk missed due to a nagging toe injury.

The next year was a miserable one for Faulk. Because of a toe injury he suffered earlier in the season, he rushed for only 587 yards, with a 3 yards-per-carry average.
He led the Colts in yards from scrimmage with 1,015. He recovered from the injury and rushed for 1,000+ yards in each of the next two seasons, setting a new personal high with 1,319 in 1998. He also caught 86 passes for 906 yards that year (playing alongside rookie quarterback Peyton Manning) and was the NFL's leader in total yards from scrimmage with 2,227, beating out Denver's MVP running back Terrell Davis by 2 yards, while also finishing 4th in the league in receptions. It would also be the first of an NFL-record 4 consecutive 2,000+ total-yard seasons.
=================================================================

By any measure, that is an exceptional 4 year start to his career.

Having said that, I too love what Kyren Williams brings to the table. Love his vision, his quickness, his ability to create holes when none are there, his toughness and his character. Just a fantastic find and kudos to the Rams for getting him.
Excellent on all counts

Faulk's early play passes eye test as well And that does not take away from Williams's year

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Alright dudes, I think we should all stop the personal attacks and name calling.

Trust me, I get caught up in it myself - so am also guilty - especially when someone else starts shit and disrespects other posters and it feels justified to throw it back at them. But reading insults is like wading through a bunch of dung. Not to mention it's not allowed and can get you banned.

But to the original arguement:
"Kyren runs harder than Faulk did. And his vision in the run game might be a tad better."

I think this is a reasonable statement, actually. Faulk is overall a Superior back with the WR skills and open field moves, but I could agree Kyren at this stage runs harder and has at least as good vision. They both had great vision, and Faulk especially in the open field. But Kyren's vision for the hole, behind the LOS is Elite and maybe better than Faulk and Kyren does run harder in my book. Faulk was a little more conservative in getting that extra yard or two. It may wear down Kyren sooner, however it is great for the team success in the moment.

Just my 2 cents.
The only reason someone would think that Kyren runs harder is because it comes harder for him. Faulk made some impossible runs look easy. Like he was just cruising.

The run against the browns the first season, where there is no whole. He waits it opens he burst threw it and stops on a dime to let the linebacker fly by then jukes the defenders and heads to the corner of the end zone. Piece of cake. I love kyren but he doesn't do anything better than Faulk.

But you guys just saw the video. I am always late to these parties. I retire in 11 days, maybe I can be on time once in a while.

Last edited:

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Marshall was an amazing all around back. The thing he did better than any running back I have ever seen, is setup defenders. I don't know how else to explain it. He would set them up, then hit his move with perfect timing (whether it was a cut, a pause, or bowling them over when there feet weren't set) then on to the next defender. I have never seen anything like it. It was poetry watching it.

TexasRam

Legend
LMAO - you know OLDBUTNOTDEAD deserves how BAD & WRONG he was about Kyren Williams!!

I go to training camps & see up close Ram Players!! It is a small sample size,but like anything else the vision goes a long ways.

I just remember the first time I saw Kyren Williams at training camp.I was walking by & saw 2 coaches (trainers) working with him in front of Ram Fans.

Funny thing is most people are your average NFL Fans.They just take it in & draw quick judgement on what they already think they know,but not realizing much more??? I don’t know ?? Honestly I just do my thing & talk to all kinds of people engaging.

Seeing him up close without pads & just a uniform he doesn’t look like much.Then you see him running in between these coaches & you see his quickness.I mean I’ve never seen anything like that before.
His vision & quikness is so ELITE!!!

— I talked to this young black kid who was watching from VIP type area.He was saying that he was going The Rams starting RB over Akers & Henderson.Questioned his knowledge & he actually had gotten autographs & talked to them. He knew the team well.
I held my opinion.Still thought Cam Akers was going to be The Man!! 2022 - WTF Cam Akers ?

2023 my GF as posted & keep posting that out of all The Rams players that #23 was going to be her jersey number if she bought one !! He was that impressive for 3 days she went.Just has so much fun & engrry Making plays all over the field.

As posted earlier that Kyren would rush for 1,200 yards. I said Can Akers would,but the SEAHAGS game caught ALL(most)me) by surprise.

WOW - just amazing.I had Kyren Williams on my fantasy team. His short yardage is amazing.

The BEST RedZone(3rd down) RB in the NFl right now ?? I don’t know,just unbelievable how he did better than I could’ve imagined. To think he still has 2 more years.”

Oldbutnotdead- Kyren Williams is The Rams MVP!!! Then again Mattew Stafford is as well ? My take is Carson Wentz & Kyren Williams might not be a bad duo ?

vs. Stafford & Henderson?? It sucked when Williams went down after the Arizona game.We can see The Rams record with him & without him though. I guess we need to wonder why a guy with a slow 40 & no quickness is doing so well. Maybe PUCKA knows about a slow 40 ?
Well, I guess your girlfriend has an eye for talent.

First she picked you. A complete Stud Muffin with mad swag.

Then she identified Kyren.

Let's get her on Snead's staff!!

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
1704274885726.png

TexasRam

Legend
Ray Rice. Absurd vision and cut. He's just SLIGHTLY less physical.
I like the comp. Both had the big horizontal jump cuts. Both could hit the hole at full speed or patiently juke around to create a lane. Both can get up to speed real quick. I wish they would get Kyren more involved in the screen game and short dump off game like Rice and Faulk were used in.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Schrader's a lot like K-Will in that his measurables are going to make him a Day 3 pick. With one of our sixths...why not?
I think he goes in the fifth… maybe the fourth. I would use a fourth on him. Love his game, perfect handcuf to KW.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I like the comp. Both had the big horizontal jump cuts. Both could hit the hole at full speed or patiently juke around to create a lane. Both can get up to speed real quick. I wish they would get Kyren more involved in the screen game and short dump off game like Rice and Faulk were used in.

Not his strengh as we have seen tipped balls resulting in ints.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Agree - Les Snead has done well with those late Rd. RB picks.
Look at Gerald Henderson. Why trade up,Dallas got Tony Pollard from the same school at that later pick.

Jake Funk though ? I guess he was a good special teams guy.He never showed as a NFL RB though.
Funk was a seventh.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Faulk was such an intelligent player in his Rams days that when he took in a pass he more than likely knew the defense and how to exploit it. Kyren being in his second year wouldn't be at Faulk level, but there's potential to improve.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Whenever they do get him involved, it's money. Mcvay seems to have let the RB screens go since Gurley in 2017.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Well, I guess your girlfriend has an eye for talent.

First she picked you. A complete Stud Muffin with mad swag.

Then she identified Kyren.

Thanks Texas Ram - You can see players that have a chance when there in person.

Example is Logan Bruss.I was VERY UPSET!! Then add the video of players press conferences.

I thought Brycen Hopkins was going to have a breakout season.
-Zach Vanvakenburg is a guy to keep an eye on in the future imo Ochaun Mathias next season as well when he gets his first year of training camp in.

She loved Bryon Young - talk about a STUD MUFFIN. He has the whole package if you know what I mean.His hindquarters are all that!!Pure Beef.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Funk was a seventh.
Funk stunk & never did anything as a RB.He was kept at the expense of having good depth a the RB position.

It will be interesting seen seeing Ronnie Rivers playing on special teams now that he is healthy again.

Both Kyren Williams & Ronnie Rivers are better pass blockers than Funk was as well.

Kyren Williams missed a block at the end of the Giants game.He was really upset at himself for that & said he was the happiest guy on the field when the FG was missed to seal The Rams Victory!!!

Rivers was undrafted.He is 24.
Zach Evans is only 22,so he might have more upside? Rivers is the more complete player.He beat out Funk last season & the reason Funk got CUT !! Plus Henderson being relased this season & last season as well.

Kyren is still only 23 which is the same age as Blake Corum.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Funk was a seventh.

Don’t know what you’re trying to say ? Ronnie Rivers went undrafted!!

If your looking at a 7th rd pick in the same draft after Jake Funk
would be BEN SKO. I said from Day 1 in training camp he was going to make The Rams roster !!

Darrel Henderson though was a Pick I never liked !! The reason was Les Snead was owning The Draft. Meaning he was getting players he wanted & still adding draft picks.

—My question was & Facts show it. Henderson was drafted like #70. Why trade up for him & give up those draft picks.

At #73 David Montgomery was drafted by the Bears.

#128 Tony Pollard was drafted by Dallas in the same draft..

Anyways-The Rams are in The Best Position they have EVER been under Sean Mcvay The 2nd winningest coach in Rams History!!

Robinson & Johnson are 2 perfect reasons why this season is so sweet.I mean Stinson Bennett is still a Ram. It the example of WE vs. ME

Van Jefferson & Cam Akers both were ME players & traded for basically nothing.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Marshall was an amazing all around back. The thing he did better than any running back I have ever seen, is setup defenders. I don't know how else to explain it. He would set them up, then hit his move with perfect timing (whether it was a cut, a pause, or bowling them over when there feet weren't set) then on to the next defender. I have never seen anything like it. It was poetry watching it.
This is something that Kyren is really good at. Just not at Faulk's level.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

What was impressive the most in training camp was how Kyren would cut through players,but catching the ball downfield towards the sideline.

I don’t know exactly how the comparison of Marshall Faulk is even a thing. I did say though (posted) after Cam Akers was traded that Kyren Williams would rush for 1,200 yards.That was before he got hurt.Missing 4 games & accomplishing that is CRAZY to me.

He is more than I could have ever imagined in year 2.That said Marshall Faulk was A number 2 overall pick !! He is a HOF player.

IMO we as Ram Fans should just enjoy the journey & keep comparisons out of it.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
This is something that Kyren is really good at. Just not at Faulk's level.

Keep in mind Kyren Williams is how many pounds ?? It was funny seeing him hit a Big DT & it was like a little nat or a teammate congratulating him.

The comparison of Cam Akers is he finds the right holes & has good vision.The Fact is that he is such a willing Blocker that is what gave him the opportunity.