Kay Adams leaving Good Morning Football

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
She used to be cute and funny. I think she lost a lot of that as she got too full of herself. I never watched the show much so I didn't see the bias as much as those that watched. I find most of the show annoying and so does my wife so I end up changing the channel pretty quickly.

I actually tried watching the show around when the Wagner deal went down. Not only was she annoying and bringing nothing to the table, but they had some other chick doing a REALLY annoying skit type thing. She was a complete spaz and neither my wife nor I could figure out how she got her job or who the fuck came up with that crap thinking it would be entertaining in the slightest. It was shockingly bad - something that a high school freshman chick would come up with.

Schraeger (sp?) can be decent to watch and listen to because he seems to understand the Rams. But aside from that, the show is pretty annoying and unwatchable. It's like watching something like The View for football.

Regardless... I won't miss the little waif.

Yep, pretty much this.

When she was the cute host with football chops, she was fun.

Lately, she's clearly gotten work done (more power to her, I guess) and who wears club makeup at 7am if they're not doing the walk of shame? Sorry, I really hate that Kardashian influenced look... why do women want to look like fucking Bratz dolls???

Just weird to me.

I get it, she's focused on her brand, her image and her career. Fine... but that transition made it so that she sucked at her current job and I'm not remotely sad to see her go.

I don't watch pre-game anything, so I don't really care if she's vying for the Amazon pre-game spot as I'll never see her.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
her part is crooked and she's got coffee breath ~ @Neil039
Oh Veronica Vaugh

chris farley GIF

PARAM

Hall of Fame
When she was the cute host with football chops, she was fun.

I get it, she's focused on her brand, her image and her career. Fine... but that transition made it so that she sucked at her current job and I'm not remotely sad to see her go.
Well to be fair, if you're a woman in the media business, talent isn't the only thing that matters. If you're not super-talented, you've got to be a looker. And sometimes even if you are super-talented. I don't shame the women. All they're trying to do is make a living. The problem is many male football fans have that North Dallas 40 mentality. You know who they are. That guy with binoculars who only uses them on commercial timeouts! He could be the same guy who hangs out of the car window on the way home....."hey sweetie!!!". So the NFL and the networks play to that end.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Well to be fair, if you're a woman in the media business, talent isn't the only thing that matters. If you're not super-talented, you've got to be a looker. And sometimes even if you are super-talented. I don't shame the women. All they're trying to do is make a living. The problem is many male football fans have that North Dallas 40 mentality. You know who they are. That guy with binoculars who only uses them on commercial timeouts! He could be the same guy who hangs out of the car window on the way home....."hey sweetie!!!". So the NFL and the networks play to that end.

That's another good point.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Kay is easy on the eyes, but she speaks. I always liked Colleen Wolfe, she knows the game pretty well and is that chick that is easy on eyes yet one of the guys at the same time.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
She used to be cute and funny. I think she lost a lot of that as she got too full of herself. I never watched the show much so I didn't see the bias as much as those that watched. I find most of the show annoying and so does my wife so I end up changing the channel pretty quickly.

I actually tried watching the show around when the Wagner deal went down. Not only was she annoying and bringing nothing to the table, but they had some other chick doing a REALLY annoying skit type thing. She was a complete spaz and neither my wife nor I could figure out how she got her job or who the fuck came up with that crap thinking it would be entertaining in the slightest. It was shockingly bad - something that a high school freshman chick would come up with.

Schraeger (sp?) can be decent to watch and listen to because he seems to understand the Rams. But aside from that, the show is pretty annoying and unwatchable. It's like watching something like The View for football.

Regardless... I won't miss the little waif.
It was a good show when it first came out. It was more about football and less about nonsense. None of them aside from Nate Burleson have good personalities. I wouldn’t want to hang with any of the others except Kay and she’d have to be naked in my bed. I’d make her repeatedly scream, “I love the Rams!” If you get my drift.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I often wonder whose idea it was to start interjecting the casts personalities into the show. I call it the ‘Football View’.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well, considering my Dad called me because he could not watch his beloved Yankees because they were on Amazon for one day and I had to inform him he couldn't access the game because of not having a Smart TV and so forth and the world was going to end, so now last weekend that what I did and now my parents are all set and I post this because my Dad likes Kay, so now when I tell him he be very pleased he can see her there.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Well, considering my Dad called me because he could not watch his beloved Yankees because they were on Amazon for one day and I had to inform him he couldn't access the game because of not having a Smart TV and so forth and the world was going to end, so now last weekend that what I did and now my parents are all set and I post this because my Dad likes Kay, so now when I tell him he be very pleased he can see her there.
I miss watching Yankee games. Yes is no longer on streaming in my area, except for Direct TV app.

I haven’t paid $80+ for tv in years. That’s the only thing I’d need it for. YouTube tv was $65 this year.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
How about hiring someone who actually played the game and has inside contacts.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
1651163986389.png

I'm rooting for Rachel getting the full time gig.

Rachel Bonnetta​

Bonnetta immediately sticks out as a natural replacement for Adams. She's spent a lot of time on the show over the last six months and her energy matches the rest of the crew perfectly. Bonnetta could bring GMFB to another level in regards to its comedic sketches, too; she's been the author of the funniest skits NFL Network has aired.

Bonnetta has the tools to make the leap. However, she already has a ton of responsibilities throughout NFL Network that would clash with daily hosting and may not be enthusiastic about relocating, as detailed by the Post in the above article. Bonnetta is such a presence on the show already that it wouldn't be a big change from a viewing perspective and it would certainly make it more fun with her rambunctious personality. If the pieces line up, she makes a lot of sense.

MJ Acosta-Ruiz

Acosta-Ruiz is currently the host for NFL Total Access, which is both a great gig and a schedule that couldn't be more different than GMFB. There could be an opportunity for more visibility with due to the program's social presence, which could appeal to the former Raiders and Niners reporter. She's got two years of full-time hosting experience under her belt and brings a traditional journalist's perspective to the show that's not always present.

Acosta-Ruiz checks all the boxes NFL Network will look for in an Adams replacement. The question will simply be if she wants it. Working a 7 p.m. schedule for NFL Total Access every week is almost the literal opposite of what she'd do for GMFB, and there's less of a chance to consistently work with the network's top personalities to set up breaking news segments. Pros and cons everywhere, but Acosta-Ruiz would fit in very well if she made the pivot.

Colleen Wolfe​

NFL Network knows Wolfe can handle a high-profile gig and it (theoretically) wouldn't interfere with her gameday duties for the network. But it's a pretty heavy work schedule to host a 6-9 a.m. morning show all week then show out for NFL Sundays. All that said, NFL Network would be thrilled to bring Wolfe aboard given the level she's at in terms of name recognition after spending years working Thursday Night Football pregame shows.

Kimmi Chex​

Chex has been on a meteoric rise over the last few years and the 25-year-old's best opportunity yet may be coming along thanks to Adams' departure. The vibrant energy the young host brings to the screen would mesh very well with GMFB's whole vibe and it would be her biggest opportunity yet for consistent exposure on the national level. The show has become a haven of sorts for rising stars to further establish their potential; sometimes they leave once achieving that peak, and sometimes they stick around for the long run. Either way, it's a tremendous opportunity for Chex and one NFL Network would be happy to give one of their true homegrown talents.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Some of you guys are ridiculous. Kay was really good at what she did.

Her dislike of the Rams is completely offset by Schrager being a Rams homer. It balanced out the show.

I liked the show a lot.