Just How Good Is RB John Kelly?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The way I see it, he has that rare trait where his "eyes are connected to his feet". I see a lot of Marshawn Lynch in his style.
BUT he needs to do two things to be more than your basic, easily expendable mid-to-late round pick that does nothing.
the wind whispers
M a r d y G i l y a r r r r r d...

He needs to find a role on STs and/or and not be a liability in pass protection.

IF he can pick up the playbook, as well as a blitzing LBer, he will carve out a spot on this team.

When you are slow and small, you have to be more than a hard runner.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
My bosses boss lives in Tennessee and is a HUGE Vols fan. When we drafted him he called me up and told me how good he was. He could easily be our #2 he proclaims. I don’t know shit about him honestly.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Peyton Manning saw this coming back when he was a Vol. The power of his ginormous head says he is our #2.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Alvin Kamara, Shamara! John Kelly, there is no substitute! ~Mojo Ram

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I need to see more as others have mentioned. Pass pro and the ability to get out in the flats, catch and make people miss etc...but he has qualities i like in a RB. Speed strength combo, can get skinny or bounce off tackles, runs with a purpose and authority and has shown some patience at times.
Ball security.

I like it!

Last edited:

mikeyboy

UDFA
That spin move was a thing of beauty. Definitely something that just comes naturally to a running back with above-average abilities. I think for sure he's our number 2 running back.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
John runs hard. He'll do some damage in the 4th (or on long drives) when the defense has had a gut full of Gurley all game. Exciting to potentially have a back up RB that compliments Gurley and the offense so well.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
I want to see him more in the passing game. He's gonna be trouble 1 on 1 in the open field. He has a knack for making the 1st guy miss.

Flint

Pro Bowler
He’s got very quick feet which allows him to dictate the contact on his terms when the defense might not be ready for it. That can be the difference between running through a tackle and getting planted.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Seminole,
What is it that you like about him? What have you seen on the vids that has impressed you?

BTW I did read somewhere that he broke over 30+ tackles last year. Playing in the SEC and considering that Kelly is not all that big that is rather impressive if you ask me.

~ArkyRamsFan~

I am certainly NO expert (I get my information from Highlights and Message Boards like ROD/Which IS my Favorite Rams Board!)
but I have been totally impressed with John Kelly ever since I started watching and reading about him! He just seems to have the Instincts, Vision, Cutting Ability, Determination and enough speed to be a very good RB in the NFL and I think Rams fans will be very happy having him backing up Todd Gurley!!!