Julio Jones traded to Tennessee

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dang

Legend
The Falcons will be looking for someone cheap but talented that can help them this year and a couple of good draft picks. I don’t think they will get a first round pick and a team willing to take all of Julios salary. and they want out of all of his salary. So that lets the Rams play in the Julio sweepstakes. I don’t think they win it but his salary and giving up a player (like Jefferson, Young, Oko or Gaines) and a couple draft picks won’t chase them off.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
No way to know what the Falcons were offered. They could be in damage control by releasing info that they've been offered a 1st rounder when in reality teams could be low balling the shit out of them because everyone knows Juilo is done with them. Falcons have very little leverage if you ask me which is why they won't get anywhere near equal value for Julio. Gonna be interesting.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Atlanta will take a 15.5 mill dead cap hit in 2022 by moving him, and have already written off 7.5 mill this year of dead cap. So what's in it for Atlanta is moving his guaranteed 15 mill guaranteed 2021 salary. If Atlanta were to pick up 5 mill of 21 salary, they'd still "save" 10 mill of '21 cap space. At that point, how is he not worth a 1st round pick? 10 mill guarantee for '21 and then 2 years at 11.5 mill per (non guaranteed salary)

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would guess that it's only contenders offering a first, and that's allowing the Rams to offer a comparable offer. We have a lot of draft capital next year, so if a team like the Ravens are offering a first, we could potentially beat their offer by offering a 2nd and two 3rds, or by offering Van Jefferson and a 2nd

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I'm not sure what all this hoopla is about, it seems to me that the Rams are set at receiver. Also it would be money that could be better off spent elsewhere.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I’d be surprised if ATL got a first from anyone.

I don’t see the fit here unless Woods or Kupp were leaving and I don’t like it if they are. I’d rather have either than Julio at this point in their careers.

sloramfan

Starter
no way, not gonna happen....

hmm...

every time something big like this is out there, and i say never ... it happens, and for whatever reason, i hate it at first, and later...

anyways, right now, i really feel this aint gonna happen...

welcome to the rams julio...

go rams

slo

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We have a bunch of really good receivers. Julio is(was?) a step above where you have to double him and that would be huge for any offense having a guy that commands that much attention. Anyone follow his career closely because I haven’t? I know he has injury things but is he still that guy when healthy?

dang

Legend
I would guess that it's only contenders offering a first, and that's allowing the Rams to offer a comparable offer. We have a lot of draft capital next year, so if a team like the Ravens are offering a first, we could potentially beat their offer by offering a 2nd and two 3rds, or by offering Van Jefferson and a 2nd
The Falcons are solid at TE but will be very thin at WR if they trade Julio.Ridley is very good but then there is a huge drop off to their other WRs. If they want to compete this year they would be wise to pick up a cheap but talented WR in the trade. So is it more important to get a 1st round pick next year or a WR this year + later pick(s) next year? I think we will find out next week.

Shuie3225

Starter
We have a bunch of really good receivers. Julio is(was?) a step above where you have to double him and that would be huge for any offense having a guy that commands that much attention. Anyone follow his career closely because I haven’t? I know he has injury things but is he still that guy when healthy?
You absolutely have to double him still. He was on pace for another 100catch 1,400 yard season last year before he got hurt. All the injury concerns are overblown IMO, they guy never got hurt before last year. He still has multiple elite years left for sure, and if you would pair him with Stafford who loves to go down the field it would be magic. Hard to see him going for less than a 1st rounder, but we saw crazier things like with DeAndre Hopkins who went for a 2nd and some change. So who knows if we could get this done. Maybe it means we trade away Van Jeff + a pick, which I think is absolutely worth it. But he doesn't have a no trade clause in his contract, so ultimately it will be Atlanta's decision and they'll likely take the best offer. But the rumor going around is, very similar to Stafford they might want to do right by him and send him to a contender. However with the media circus last week that came after the Undisputed conversation when he didn't know he was on the air, that could have gone out the window now. Who knows.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Falcons are solid at TE but will be very thin at WR if they trade Julio.Ridley is very good but then there is a huge drop off to their other WRs. If they want to compete this year they would be wise to pick up a cheap but talented WR in the trade. So is it more important to get a 1st round pick next year or a WR this year + later pick(s) next year? I think we will find out next week.
Not sure about that. Russell Gage is pretty good and can easily slot in to the #2 role, Tajae Sharpe fills a nice role as the #3, and Pitts will be getting his share of targets Te or not...
Smith is gonna run the ball, there's no doubt about that and they surely have the TE room filled.
Not really sure who's gonna run the ball however, may be a position Atlanta would look to trade for

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Don
Yes, I have followed his career in part due to being so enamored with that class when he and AJ Green were the 2 top receivers and we were in deep need. My son continues to follow him
we took Kendricks then Pettis, I thought JJ was the top guy and dreamed of us grabbing him with a trade up.
He is a speed, size, and route running receiver that I think was best in class for quite awhile. He would open things up for the others as well as catch his more than fair share.
IMO this and other Ram forums are probably the only place it would be debated whether or not he is clearly the the best receiver and biggest threat/weapon instantly that Stafford would have.
I believe he would hold that spot for the next 3 years which is our window with Matt.
If we get this done we will be instantly better and that seems to fall in line with the present ethos of our FA/Coach

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
Not sure what we could possible send to Atlanta that would be worth Julio, and free up enough cap space to afford bringing him back.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
The thing is this situation is kind of unique in the way that the falcons need to dump the money. From my understanding they can't sign or are having trouble signing there draft class. To me this needs to happen fast not sure about pre and post June 1st cap numbers for Julio.
Julio is not as injury prone as some make him out to be I do have to say that.
Now Atlanta could be bluffing or not as far as 1st round pick (that so seems like a media leek knowing he must go) this reeks of desperation and I think the league knows it so it creates an eventual take the best offer on the table and now he is disgruntled and wants out to boot.
I'm still on the fence but you have too think with a 3 year window with Julio it does align. Moving coop back to the slot where he is already deadly no matter the qb but now we have Stafford. Julio and woods outside and then bring in DJ or tutu and defenses heads will spin. For the falcons getting a Van Jefferson to pair with Ridley is actually ideal and then gage as well so it's a quick revamp. Yes a roll of the dice but I think other organizations know the rams pick solid players and the falcons have familiarity with Snead and Morris etc. adding in whatever picks is the scary thing to me and I love Van. As I stated yesterday the 1st round picks for proven talent are ok with me rather than the unknown but the meat and potatoes of this team is our mid-late round picks and some udfa of course.

So when we trade our 1st rounders for a proven star I'm ok but now the formula again is comprised if you start dipping into what really is the foundation of the team in my opinion. To me our star players are obviously the core but in this formula they are the glitz the icing. The worker bees are those draft picks. So taking from that cookie jar could possibly mean you are ruining the formula and tearing at the core.

Having said all that we got a small glimpse of no AD last year. How many years does he have left and will they all be healthy?

I want to field a winning team every year I do but to just win in the regular season is wonderful but we need to chip at least once. Julio does help the here and now but to me this trade comes at the cost of the rams success formula. So it depends who is willing to take that chance? I want Julio but I also don't at the same time for reasons mentioned and I'm still on the fence. I keep saying I'm nervously excited but worried! Lol

Bootleg

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If the Rams trade Jefferson and some picks for Jones doesn't that create a log jam at receiver?

Jefferson is the number 4 receiver now so if you slot Jones in then that means somebody out of Woods, Kupp, or Jackson has to sit. There's not enough ball to go around. I therefore think that Woods or Kupp would have to be involved in the trade, but can Atlanta take on the salary? Do they even want to?

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
If the Rams trade Jefferson and some picks for Jones doesn't that create a log jam at receiver?

Jefferson is the number 4 receiver now so if you slot Jones in then that means somebody out of Woods, Kupp, or Jackson has to sit. There's not enough ball to go around. I therefore think that Woods or Kupp would have to be involved in the trade, but can Atlanta take on the salary? Do they even want to?

No DJ comes in different sets but realistically kupp slot woods Julio outside DJ the fourth and also injury prone ...thing is Julio can do everything all our guys do and has the additional skill of the jump ball. So good problem to have. Think of the defenses in 4 or even 5 receiver sets lol

Last edited:

oldnotdead

Legend
I continue to think it makes no sense considering how many players they need to sign next year and the cost for Julio. It's a rumor and who knows how it got started. But if the Rams are talking to Atlanta IMO it's a ploy to drive the cost up if other NFCW teams are talking to them as well.