Julio Jones traded to Tennessee

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75

even though I love you guys equally @Loyal @Merlin I do love and respect the both of you. Both have some of the best takes and information on here agree or disagree that's the fun. My bad though fucked it up but now after that patty post Loyal well Merlin ahead of you by a nose!!!! This post/video was rough your one of the greats on this board but I hate these 3 dopes they are irritating and I really think we could have a better show and provide more information and facts and not sound like tools. Patty should stick to the WWE. That was painful yeeeeesh. Besides we need 3 for the show anyhow so my mess up works Lmaooooooo

Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@Merlin I love and respect you your one of the greats on this board but I hate these 3 dopes they are irritating and I really think we could have a better show and provide more information and facts and not sound like tools. Patty should stick to the WWE. That was painful yeeeeesh. Lmaooooooo
What, no love for @Loyal?

Ellard80

Legend
the only reason our odds are so high is that we have a histroy of being aggressive for these kinds of guys the last couple years...

but yeah we have not to much to give.... and i dont see how we could afford his salary.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
the only reason our odds are so high is that we have a histroy of being aggressive for these kinds of guys the last couple years...

but yeah we have not to much to give.... and i dont see how we could afford his salary.

We can afford it with the 6 and change we have and a restructure if Stafford opens up the ability of getting Jones signing KJ and possibly extending Darious and or Corbett.
If I could get that done then I'd do it but I love fan from before we drafted him it would sting a lot.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Oh last thing I'd rather extend Stafford now than later because we know he staying at least 3 years and with all the toys we are giving him I'd like to sign him before his numbers get sick or better if we actually win the chip!!!

MachS

Hall of Fame
I think whomever trades for JJones is going to end up regretting that trade when all is said and done. He’s on the downside of his career and starting to get injured a lot. Weak in red zone. High trade cost and salary.
The Rams make no sense to me whatsoever. Which means Snead will likely do what he can to make a deal.
Starting to get hurt a lot? I've seen this bullshit narrative being thrown around a lot and it makes no sense. He was hurt last year yes. But before that he never got hurt.

2020- injured
2019- 100/1,400/6
2018- 113/1,670/8
2017- 88/1,444/3
2016- 83/1,400/6

I said it a few weeks ago and I'll say it again - The same people that are underrating Julio are the same people that underrated Stafford. Julio is one of the best WRs to ever live, and still has 3-4 elite years left. If we can add him it's a no brainer.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
Just don’t see the Rams getting Julio Jones in a trade! Just TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE!!

BUT, IF, SOMEHOW THE RAMS PULL IT OFF, THEY ARE GOING TO BE VERY HARD TO BEAT!!!!!

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Luckily the other receivers got there money and I think they just want to win. It's all about winning same for Julio let's face it he should have a ring but doesn't. Lucky for us we don't have an obj or Antonio Brown or id be asking are there enough balls to go around? We don't have those types of guys which is another reason I can see it go down. I honestly don't know I was nervously excited earlier love our guys and am content standing pat and staying on the fence but some of the recent posters are luring me to the other side lol.

dang

Legend
Maybe Rams are trading Woods or Kupp to say Detroit, and flipping picks to Atlanta? 2021 dead cap for either would "only" be 3-4 mill
Personally, I hope there's no truth to it....
interesting take. no stone unturned. Woods is such an important team leader it would hurt.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Would you trade Woods or Kupp for Julio?

It's going to take one of them.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
interesting take. no stone unturned. Woods is such an important team leader it would hurt.
Agreed, I in no way endorse trading Woods (or Kupp), was merely speculating how it *could* be done

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Trade Van Jefferson and some picks. If we pull that off, then our WR core would be lethal as fuck.
In a "win now at all costs" approach that might be the move. Trade away a guy who hasn't proven anything but might amount to something for the next 7 or 8 years for a guy who has proven everything and probably won't have more than 2 or 3 good years left. Maybe less.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
I'm in the minority.

Julio Jones would be a great addition. He only played 9 games in 2020 but he played in 15 in 2019, 16 in 2018 & 16 in 2017.

He's 32 years old and past his prime but he has a skill set that no other Rams WR on the roster has.

Julio has a skill set unlike any WR on the Rams current roster.

For a 2020 second or a bargain deal for a 2020 third rounder and one of our current best 2 WR's (Woods-Kupp) I would have to think hard about making this trade.

Woods would be really hard for me to let go but I would still sleep on it.

illustration-of-a-businessman-contemplating-vector-id165812504

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
In a "win now at all costs" approach that might be the move. Trade away a guy who hasn't proven anything but might amount to something for the next 7 or 8 years for a guy who has proven everything and probably won't have more than 2 or 3 good years left. Maybe less.

My concern after my nervous excitement is that Van is an unknown commodity for most although I believe he can be a stud however he was a 2nd rounder then we would have to add other picks. Van and those picks are our bread and butter that's how we stay relevant when you trade away 1st rounders. They have been able to draft very well add contributors and field good teams. If you trade Van and those picks now your borderline really mortgaging the future because your replenishment ability takes a hit it's break their formula in my opinion. Trading for Stafford Ramsey Fowler etc those trades are different and the right trades (jury still out I know on Stafford trade) but the Jones trade is a dangerous one if it cuts into youth on rookie contact and future youth where we prosper in picks.

All that said it's so tantalising but this toe becomes the biggest risk because of the rams formula in these past years this trade if it happens isn't the same.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
My concern after my nervous excitement is that Van is an unknown commodity for most although I believe he can be a stud however he was a 2nd rounder then we would have to add other picks. Van and those picks are our bread and butter that's how we stay relevant when you trade away 1st rounders. They have been able to draft very well add contributors and field good teams. If you trade Van and those picks now your borderline really mortgaging the future because your replenishment ability takes a hit it's break their formula in my opinion. Trading for Stafford Ramsey Fowler etc those trades are different and the right trades (jury still out I know on Stafford trade) but the Jones trade is a dangerous one if it cuts into youth on rookie contact and future youth where we prosper in picks.

All that said it's so tantalising but this toe becomes the biggest risk because of the rams formula in these past years this trade if it happens isn't the same.
I wouldn't do it. JJ is a phenominal receiver but has he reached that point in a career where everything has taken it's toll?