Julio Jones traded to Tennessee

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They can't really take on the dead cap hit of trading him either.
Well, the dead cap would be less than his salary, so sliding in a min salary guy would work, but then what's the point? Unless of course they were to get good draft comp. Either way, I agree he's less movable from Atlanta POV then any team who would trade for him

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, the dead cap would be less than his salary, so sliding in a min salary guy would work, but then what's the point? Unless of course they were to get good draft comp. Either way, I agree he's less movable from Atlanta POV then any team who would trade for him
Nah he has 3 years left of signing bonus at $5 million each and 3 years of an option bonus at $2.75 each year for $23.25 dead cap and his base this year is $15.3. They could do a post june and spread it out yes but these trades sending Kupp or Woods over don't help them a ton even with them having low bases this year(though they fuck us even more going forward).

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
The bottom line is very simple. Cost vs Need and the cost would be greater than the need. Next year the Rams have a ton of re-signing and extending to do. I'd rather spend the money on extending Darious Williams and the other guys they will need to sign.

I don't get why people want to dismantle what is a proven WR unit and jeopardize their ability to re-sign key players next year for an aging player who is past his prime. At 32 how much longer can he realistically play at his "prime year level"? The first thing to go is a WRs speed. I doubt he runs anywhere near his rookie 4.39 he posted when drafted. Why do you think he's on the market? Because his $23M price tag is ridiculous for an aging WR. Then he's going to cost $19.2M over the final two years as well! Give me a freaking break The Ram's will have about $5-$6M in cap space in September. So who do you cut to make room for him? :facepalm:
Apparently teams are asking Atlanta to take on some of his salary as other teams seem to have this view too and see Atlanta has to do something. If they do, it makes a trade more plausible. Also teams could always restructure his contract to pay him more for one year so he can become a FA next year. Gives him the option to build his value back up to get one more payday in. Not sure how it'll eventually go down though.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nah he has 3 years left of signing bonus at $5 million each and 3 years of an option bonus at $2.75 each year for $23.25 dead cap and his base this year is $15.3. They could do a post june and spread it out yes but these trades sending Kupp or Woods over don't help them a ton even with them having low bases this year(though they fuck us even more going forward).
Yeah no doubt they cant take on salary in a trade, I said that already. If they trade him after 6/1 which would be a certainty at this point, the hit is spread over this and next 8 mill and 15 mill which is significantly less than his base this year 15 mill and basically a wash next next year. So they cant take on salary, but can get a little relief this.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Look who's recruiting now lol

Screenshot_20210524-094143_Twitter.jpg

MachS

Hall of Fame

Lol I just dont want him in our division man. And you know SF and AZ will be going after him for sure. This division is already so ridiculous and I think Julio still has another 3-4 years of elite play left. But I doubt we could get it done after the Woods and Kupp restructures. One of them would need to be traded but I think we would get hit with a ton of dead money so it just isn't likely. I dont care if he goes somewhere else in the NFC but please not our fucking division PLEASE.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Lol I just dont want him in our division man. And you know SF and AZ will be going after him for sure. This division is already so ridiculous and I think Julio still has another 3-4 years of elite play left. But I doubt we could get it done after the Woods and Kupp restructures. One of them would need to be traded but I think we would get hit with a ton of dead money so it just isn't likely. I dont care if he goes somewhere else in the NFC but please not our fucking division PLEASE.
I hear ya. Tbh if given the choice of two scenarios happening, i'd rather see ARod get traded out of the NFC.

IMO ARod being out of the NFC is a much bigger positive than Julio staying out of our division.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I'm ok with the Rams trading for Julio Jones. I'd much rather trade Van Jefferson and a pick though since the Kupp and Woods contract extensions don't mess with our cap too much. Not sure if Atlanta would even bite on a trade like that lol

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The more I read, the more SF makes sense. Shanahan connection as OC before SF Head Coaching gig, cap space, etc.

Would the Packers try to acquire Jones as last ditch effort to save the Rodgers situation?

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
To all you saying 49ers make sense, just stop. I'm mere moments away from kicking a stray cat if that happens. Please ole mighty lord, don't let those poor furry bastards suffer my wrath lol