Jrry32's Post-FA Mock Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Love the draft, per usual. One thing I would change is putting Trysten Hill in the fourth round and finding an edge rusher later on (I'm extremely wary of Miller's injury history.), but I honestly can't complain about Adderly as a first round pick. The man can play, and I'd love to eventually see a JJ3/Adderly tandem at safety.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Love the draft, per usual. One thing I would change is putting Trysten Hill in the fourth round and finding an edge rusher later on (I'm extremely wary of Miller's injury history.), but I honestly can't complain about Adderly as a first round pick. The man can play, and I'd love to eventually see a JJ3/Adderly tandem at safety.

I like Broughton more than Hill. Hill is too feast or famine for my taste.

Memento

Name
Jemma
I like Broughton more than Hill. Hill is too feast or famine for my taste.

Hill only started one game because his coaching staff basically benched him for others, and he was flat-out dominant in that game. I love his potential at nose.

Don't get me wrong, I love Broughton, too. I just am tantalized by Hill's overall skillset.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hill only started one game because his coaching staff basically benched him for others, and he was flat-out dominant in that game. I love his potential at nose.

Don't get me wrong, I love Broughton, too. I just am tantalized by Hill's overall skillset.

I can't agree that he was basically benched (except for the bowl game, he was basically benched there). But they didn't start him as a punishment. He was reportedly in the doghouse the entire season due to maturity and coachability issues. That's not a dealbreaker for me because I think we have a staff that can handle a guy like that well.

I like Hill, but he's not a guy I'm going to be pounding the table for on draft day. He has an explosive first step, great effort, can get skinny through gaps, and very active hands. It makes him a disruptive force at times. My issue is that his game is feast or famine. He does a poor job of recognizing blocking schemes and attacking them properly. His play recognition is also very inconsistent. This leads him to running himself out of plays and vacating his gap. Basically, he's extremely disruptive when he's right about the play, but when he's wrong, he hangs the rest of the defense out to dry.

The reason I prefer Broughton is because I think he is similarly disruptive, but I believe he's more disciplined and has better play recognition skills. Hill is actually a really good fit for our scheme. I won't be upset if we draft him, but I like Broughton's game more.

Memento

Name
Jemma
I can't agree that he was basically benched (except for the bowl game, he was basically benched there). But they didn't start him as a punishment. He was reportedly in the doghouse the entire season due to maturity and coachability issues. That's not a dealbreaker for me because I think we have a staff that can handle a guy like that well.

I like Hill, but he's not a guy I'm going to be pounding the table for on draft day. He has an explosive first step, great effort, can get skinny through gaps, and very active hands. It makes him a disruptive force at times. My issue is that his game is feast or famine. He does a poor job of recognizing blocking schemes and attacking them properly. His play recognition is also very inconsistent. This leads him to running himself out of plays and vacating his gap. Basically, he's extremely disruptive when he's right about the play, but when he's wrong, he hangs the rest of the defense out to dry.

The reason I prefer Broughton is because I think he is similarly disruptive, but I believe he's more disciplined and has better play recognition skills. Hill is actually a really good fit for our scheme. I won't be upset if we draft him, but I like Broughton's game more.

Fair enough. The guy I'm really hoping for is Simmons, but if he's not available, then I have to go with Hill. I honestly wouldn't be upset with Broughton either, though. This is an excellent class for defensive linemen and edge rushers.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Fair enough. The guy I'm really hoping for is Simmons, but if he's not available, then I have to go with Hill. I honestly wouldn't be upset with Broughton either, though. This is an excellent class for defensive linemen and edge rushers.
People seem to have Simmons all over the board. I don't think he will be available, but who knows.

wild ram

Rookie
Name
Erick
I think it's between him and Jachai Polite. I know a lot of people are hesitant to draft Polite because of the red flags. I am not. I'll eventually have Polite in a mock. But there is better value at EDGE in the 3rd round than there is safety. Adderley is a stud. I think he's an All Pro FS.

It is a hard position to draft, but I like to look for players who are undervalued. I scout for special traits. Warring is undervalued. He has special movement skills and body control. Hockenson, who is likely to go in the top 20 picks, is a more polished player with more reliable hands, but Warring has every bit the talent and potential that Hockenson does. That excites me.

I think you'll be surprised how much he plays if we draft Adderley. I love NRC, but I wouldn't be shocked if Adderley resulted in NRC losing a lot of snaps. Adderley can play any of the CB spots along with FS. I expect Wade would use him heavily in nickel sets. But I don't draft for the short term. I draft for the long term. I think Adderley is an Earl Thomas/Eric Weddle/Nick Collins type of impact player at FS. Basically, I think he's a future All Pro. It's hard to find guys like that at #31. Usually, they are much riskier players than Adderley.

TEs always take time to develop. I think Warring has the potential to be one of the best TEs in the NFL. That's worth patience imo.

Yeah, I'm not sold the Rams are done with the trenches in FA. But if they are, I think it's because they are comfortable with the players we have. I want to land the best value where I can. I want to draft players I believe can be special. I think it would be a mistake to force trench picks over better talent on the board.

Thanks, Doc! Adderley did have his Pro Day. I read that he pulled a hammy running his first 40 and decided to call it a day. He ran a 4.54 40 on that first one. I'm not worried about the athleticism with him. It jumps out on tape. He looks like a man among boys at the FCS level.

I’llntot Disagree about Adderley. I think maybe if The Rams trade back should they draft him. No VALUE there.

Guaranteed Snead will not draft him in the FIRST Rd. !!!!

As far as the TE Werring ?? He was a wrestler in HS & I believe from the Bay Area ?? The rumor is that SF & NE are both high on him. He is told going in the 2nd to 3rd. I think No way in the 2nd. The draft is to deep & Snead once again will not value him as a 2nd RD pick !! I get your value chart as far as players, but I don’t see ADDERLEY that way.

I’d hope for a pure CB. Will see the direction, but I’d like to see a trade back. If Kromer has a Offensive Lineman he loves ? Go get him !!
I am not sold on this offensive line at all. How many points in the Super Bowl & to lose 2 starting lineman with a total of 32 plus starts last set??

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
I see this as a great "Patriots" blueprint type of draft -- get the "next man up" players to back up your already capable, smart players. Sliding Brock back to NT would solve the one remaining problem I see with our starting lineup on both sides of the ball - we don't have a starter there. But to me, JFM has proven he belongs on the field at DE, taking Brock's place there, and your 4th round DT backs him up there. I too think Brock played better at a heavier weight & at the NT position. (ik, not that WP actually has a NT....)
In some ways, too many rookies starting at positions of need for a team can weaken it -- minimize your mistakes with smart, experienced veterans, and chances are, the number of big plays against you goes down. Even AD, as polished as he was, needed time to get up to speed in the NFL. (didn't take long tho :D)
The "fan" in me wants the Rams to go with Dexter Lawrence at #31 (Mojo's pick) -- he'd start day 1 at NT. But, as skilled as he is, it always takes time for guys to acclimate to the NFL -- to get to the SB every year, can you afford to give up big plays so your rookie can acclimate? Rookies can offer a jolt of energy for a jaded lockerroom, but on a team that's already energized & ready to go, that may not be necessary.
Sorry for rambling, but sometimes I like to look at big picture team philosophies, team identity, structure, etc. A team's draft should follow their principles, and not be reactionary -- I feel that's why teams like the Pats (and for a while now, the Steelers) always have long runs of success, and why teams like the Bucs & Browns always just muddle along, overreaching & reacting instead of redrawing the entire blueprint.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Round 4 Pick #31 - Nate Davis OL Charlotte
https://ramsondemand.com/threads/rams-on-demand-mock-draft.56969/page-37#post-1196888

AmusingIndolentElver-size_restricted.gif