Jrry32's Post-FA Mock Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Alright fellas, I am back with another mock. With FA having mainly run its course, we have a good idea where we'll be picking. You'll see plenty of familiar names in this mock. I'm starting to reach a point where I have zoned in on the guys I really want.
Trade
LA Rams trade Round 3 Pick #36
NY Giants trade Round 4 Pick #6 and Round 5 Pick #4

Rams move down a few spots to grab an extra pick. Giants lack a third, but they have two fourths and three fifths.

NFL Draft
Round 1 Pick #31 - Nasir Adderley S/CB Delaware

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dwOuc8K4ik

Analysis: It's hard to believe a player like Adderley will be available here, but this defensive class is stacked. On the negative side of the equation, Adderley is undersized at around 5'11"/6'0" 205 pounds and needs to be more disciplined against misdirection and fakes. On the positive side of the ledger, you have everything else. Adderley doesn't seem to recognize that he's undersized. He's fearless filling gaps and taking on blockers. He plays to the echo of the whistle and will mix it up with anybody. Frankly, I'd like to see him dial back some of the aggressiveness because he puts himself at risk of personal fouls in the NFL. In coverage, Adderley has phenomenal range and ball-skills. He also has CB/S versatility, which is great for us. We could use depth at both spots, and Wade loves to use a third safety in the nickel (see Marqui Christian last year). Adderley is also an outstanding tackler in space (and overall). He breaks quickly on the ball and will make plays on the football or lay out the target. Despite his size, Adderley is capable of lining up anywhere. You can put him in the box, you can put him as a single-high FS, you can put him in the slot or outside at CB, and you can have him play C-2 or quarters. He's just an excellent all-around safety. The two areas where he can improve are not biting on fakes/misdirection and taking better angles. His speed allows him to take overly aggressive angles against FCS competition, but that could burn him in the NFL. Regardless, I think he's very comparable to former Packers FS Nick Collins.

Round 3 Pick #31 - Kahale Warring TE San Diego State

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SJZM5x-y6g

Analysis: Warring played in SDSU's old school, run-first, pro-style smashmouth offense. He has a lot of experience working as an inline blocker with the technical prowess, functional strength, and size (6'6" 250) to be effective in that role in the NFL. As it stands now, he's a solid blocker who handles LBs and DBs with his polished technical skill, outstanding body control and feet, and strong understanding of positioning; DLs give him a bit more trouble one on one because of their superior power. Still, the kid can block effectively, but that's not what excites me about him. Warring is an incredibly impressive receiving TE. He's a smooth route runner with the quickness and change of direction skills of a big WR. His routes are very crisp, and he uses his size/strength to create additional separation at the break point. Warring also possesses strong mitts (although, he does drop some passes), outstanding body control, and the ability to climb the ladder and win in the air. I think a guy like this will excite McVay because he has the ability block inline and be a mismatch in the slot. Warring reminds me a lot of Zach Ertz coming out of college.

Round 4 Pick #6 - Christian Miller OLB Alabama

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IHZVsMI-uc

Analysis: Miller is player who is flying under the radar despite playing for Alabama. The reason for that is injuries. Miller didn't play much before this year due to injuries. If he had, I think we'd be talking about him in the late-first round. Miller is a versatile edge defender who looks comfortable dropping into coverage, rushing the passer, and setting the edge. He's technically sound in the run game and does an outstanding job of setting the edge and turning plays back inside. As a pass rusher, he's very dangerous. He has the flexibility to bend the corner and flatten, he uses a variety of pass rush moves (the long arm/stab move being his most effective) and flashes advanced pass rush plans, and he has a powerful punch that he lands with consistency. At 6'3" 245, Miller will need to add some bulk and get stronger for the NFL game. His injury history is concerning. And Miller is a tick slow off the snap too often for my taste. Still, Miller has all the tools as a pass rusher and can contribute both in run defense and coverage. You don't find too many guys in the fourth round you can say that about.

Round 4 Pick #31 - Nate Davis OL Charlotte

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTAbOiahLBA

Analysis: Davis started at RT this year, but he is a candidate to move inside in the NFL. At 6'3" 316 with 33" arms, Davis has solid length for a NFL guard, but not enough to remain at OT. I really like Davis for us because Kromer has made a career out of converting college OTs into quality NFL starting OGs. Davis should be another in that long line. He combines good feet with a great anchor and impressive overall power. Davis also is a finisher who possesses a nasty streak and plays through the whistle. As a run blocker, he has the power, athleticism, and natural leverage to thrive in our zone schemes. As a pass blocker, he has the feet, wide base, and strong anchor to play quite well inside. While Davis lacks a jolting punch, he does have quality punch timing and hand placement. All in all, I see Davis as a great developmental pick who will hopefully step in at OG after Whitworth retires.

Round 5 Pick #8 - Cortez Broughton DT Cincinnati

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY_kzrNN3aU

Analysis: I really like the potential Cortez Broughton brings to the table. As a senior, he posted 52 tackles, 18.5 TFLs, and 7.5 sacks. At 6'2" 290, Broughton is undersized, but he has an explosive first step, great natural leverage, and a nasty bull rush. He also uses his hands well for a guy his age, but I would like to see him develop better counters and a go-to move. As a run defender, he is very disruptive due to his get-off and ability to get skinny through gaps. He holds up better than expected against double teams for his size due to his leverage and strength, and he lined up all over the DL for Cincy. He did have a tendency to fatigue late in games, but I really like him as a rotational option on our DL. He could learn a lot from AD.

Round 5 Pick #31 - Easton Stick QB North Dakota State

Analysis: Easton Stick is my favorite of the non-first round QBs this year. My gut just tells me that kid is going to outplay his draft spot. First and foremost, Stick nails all of the intangibles. He's a winner who has a 49-3 career record and led his team to two national championships. He's a smart QB coming from a pro-style offense who ran the offense from the LOS and is fast through his progressions. He maneuvers the pocket well and is very elusive in the pocket; due to his sturdy frame, underrated strength, and impressive athleticism, he's very difficult to sack. Stick has a compact release which allows him to get the ball quick and the footwork for quick setups in the passing game. He's a patient passer who will let his routes develop, is comfortable hanging in the pocket, and is tough as nails when it comes to taking hits. When he's on, Stick shows plus accuracy to all levels and parts of the field. In addition to his passing ability, Stick is a great scrambler and athlete who is more mobile than former teammate Carson Wentz imo. The negatives on Stick is that he's a streaky passer and decision maker. He also has only a middling arm. He can generate plenty of zip when he's mechanically sound, but he is going to struggle with zip when forced to throw off platform and some of the most difficult throws that Goff can hit will be tough for him. He also can hold onto the ball too long. Regardless, I love this kid for our offense. He's smart, he moves through his progressions well, he's mobile, and he is comfortable in a run-first offense working from under center. Of course, the cherry on top of everything is that Stick has the best play-action fake in this Draft. I'd compare Stick to Rich Gannon, another small-school QB with impressive athleticism, an average arm, and a whole lot of moxie.

Round 6 Pick #31 - Elijah Holyfield HB Georgia

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI1uJO7u9kY

Analysis: The pre-draft process has not been good to Holyfield. Watching his film, I saw a third round pick. However, after Holyfield ran a 4.8 40 at the Combine, I had to go back and rewatch. I still saw the same player, but with his speed issues and the major questions about how much he'll contribute in the passing game, Holyfield has settled in as a late-Day 3 pick. Why do I like Holyfield? He's a thickly built runner at 5'10" 220 with incredible strength, contact balance, leg drive, and violence. Despite his lack of top-end speed, Holyfield has more than enough burst, great footwork, and very quick feet. He also possesses high-level instincts as a runner. He has great vision and displays the patience and technical skill to get the most out of what is blocked. In the passing game, Holyfield is a physical and powerful blocker. He needs to continue to improve on his blitz recognition, but if he can do that, he'll have no issues protecting the QB. However, there are legitimate questions regarding what he can contribute in the passing game. I watched a number of his games and only saw him catch a few passes. His hands seemed fine, but his routes and instincts were extremely raw. Ultimately, despite his terrible measurables at the Combine, I am willing to take a shot on Holyfield because I think he's a great pure football player. With him playing in the SEC, I feel his tape against teams like LSU, Alabama, and Auburn overcomes any concerns I had about him after his brutal Combine performance. He's an extremely powerful runner with quick feet, polished technical skill, and a great feel for where holes will develop. It's hard to doubt a man who averaged nearly 6.5 yards per carry and rushed for 1000+ yards this year in the SEC.

Round 7 Pick #37 - Khalil Hodge ILB Buffalo

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pufPQK3offs

Analysis: Hodge is another guy who turned in terrible measurables. His Pro Day was a disaster. However, he's such a good football player that I just have to pick him here. Over the past two years, Hodge has averaged 148 tackles per year. He is a three-time captain and a true defensive leader. His football character is off the charts. However, Hodge is also a limited athlete who fits more into that thumper role that a lot of teams no longer value. Hodge diagnoses plays quicker than any LB I've watched this year. He almost never gets it wrong. He also displays good speed downhill, he has the size (6'1" 240) and strength to take on blockers, he plays with consistent gap integrity, and he rarely misses tackles. Hodge also shows comfort backpedaling in zone coverage and reads the QB well. That all said, Hodge lacks the speed to run sideline to sideline, and he lacks the short-area quickness and fluid hips to handle man coverage responsibilities well in the NFL. He's a very smart and instinctual defender, but he has his athletic limitations. I'd also like to see him use his hands better to keep blockers from getting to his chest. Ultimately, he may not make the squad, but his instincts are so great that I want to give him a chance.

Projected Starters
QB: Jared Goff
HB: Todd Gurley
XWR: Brandin Cooks
ZWR: Robert Woods
SLWR: Cooper Kupp
TE: Tyler Higbee or Gerald Everett
LT: Andrew Whitworth
LG: Joe Noteboom
C: Brian Allen
RG: Austin Blythe
RT: Rob Havenstein

5T: John Franklin-Myers
NT: Michael Brockers
3T: Aaron Donald
WOLB: Dante Fowler Jr.
Mo LB: Cory Littleton
Mike LB: Micah Kiser
SOLB: Samson Ebukam
RCB: Aqib Talib
LCB: Marcus Peters
SLCB: Nickell Robey-Coleman
FS: Eric Weddle
SS: John Johnson

K: Greg Zuerlein
P: Johnny Hekker
LS: Jake McQuaide

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I'm struggling with the idea of drafting a CORNER/SAFETY when the draft is so deep at EDGE, he won't start, and the same problems we have at CORNER we have at EDGE.

Do you feel Adderly will be the best PLAYER left when we pick at 31?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
In this draft IMO, it's a draft that like 2018 will pay dividends the following year. Nasir Adderley is a free safety IMO and he might be able to contribute in the dime packages from the outset and give great depth in case of injury, but I understand the value.

Love Kahale Warring and I concur that his ability getting downfield has been untapped. Great blocker and I could see him being paired with Higbee on running downs and making some plays off of play action.

Christian Miller is a value pick due to injuries as you so astutely posted Miller would provide excellent depth and add some zest to special teams too and could be waiting in the wings to take over next year if Fowler moves on.

Nate Davis great pick, give him a year, but like Noteboom, will be ready sooner rather than later. I concur that he's a Guard at the next level, however, could slide right in at LG in 2020 and provide the Rams with something special for many years on the left side.

You're sticking with Ethan Stick, but if Jarrett Ryan Stidham is available too, IMO, I don't see Les Snead passing on the Auburn alum.

Elijah Holyfield when I watched him a Georgia, he was dangerous and seem to get better the more carries they gave him. Shocked by his numbers as he plays much faster, but with his size and ability to run in between the tackles is an asset that could be utilized by the Rams zone scheme.

Overall, it checked boxes for need, with the exception of offensive line as I believe the Rams would need another body with their picks, if there is value. Also if available I'm on the Garrett Bradbury train. I believe he has the Ready Hands that Offensive Line Coach Aaron Kromer covets as he's quick to find his target in run or pass and he has the grip strength to snatch and sustain blocks besides being able to recognize defensive fronts quickly. If you watch him against Nose Tackles, Bradbury's hands are on their chest instantaneously. Again IMO, this kid drafted at 31 is the Ram starting center for the next dozen years.

Limey

Rookie
I really like this draft. You have our post-FA needs covered by players that fit our team, and your scouting record on previous drafts is enough to convince me that these guys will actually be good. With a thin draft for CBs and a deep one for DTs, I much prefer taking someone early that can cover CB and waiting to take a DT that might have gone on the second day in a different year.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
It's certainly not "sexy"
I dont watch much college ball, so I'm by no means a credible contributor to these threads.

Admittedly, I always cringe seeing TE taken early. They rarely live up to the hype. After QB, it seems like a tough position to evaluate and develop.
I didnt like the Everett pick a couple years ago and I still dont.
I'd rather go with a safer potion this early in the draft. Maybe take a shot and double up on secondary or take advantage of the deep DL class here.

I like the idea of a mauling RB. I think they are undervalued in today's game, but can still be effective in wearing down an opposing defensive line

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Like the back end of draft, but need a real NT. I also think Adderley is very similar to LMJ. Honestly, would rather trade back into top 2nd if there is a QB on board (I.e. Daniels) that is in high demand.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
I don't love taking Adderley and the TE. We have serious needs in the OL, ILB, OLB and DT at a minimum. Sure I get the BPA concept but I highly doubt percentage wise there is much difference between the of drafting one of the 4 need positions listed above vs Adderley outside of reaching for a player and one of the 4 positions listed there will be the right player who is not a reach. This is also why this year we can possibly trade down a couple spots because assuming the draft lays out as we all predict there will be couple surprises ahead of us causing the players we cover to move down the board giving us the opportunity to move down and still get who we want.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I really like this draft, and it provides extreme value, IMO, if we could land some of these players, at these spots. Adderley is an intriguing prospect. Has he had his Pro day? Do you know any numbers on him. He reminds me, a little, of Darian Stewart. Davis looks like a starting Guard to me. He has the strength, good size, and excellent feet. I am definitely in for Warring, here. He has a chance to be special. Holyfield is a beast.

Broughton is a good player, I saw him play a couple of times. I think TFL's translate well, to the NFL, and maybe an underrated stat. Stick is smart, and sneaky athletic. I like his game, and he'd be as good as any this late, to groom. I'm not real familiar with a couple of your other guys, but, even if I don't agree 100% on who you picked, I like how you attacked the draft to address, not just glaring needs, but also, some hidden needs.

My only wish is if you had slipped in a raw, but long, fast, deep threat WR, who likes to compete. If you know anyone who fits that description, who would be considered a sleeper, let me know.

Great job!

Last edited:

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Only concerns we didn't get true CB and waited to long for a DT. I'm torn on how to attack this draft

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
While Adderley & Warring are terrific players and will protect us against potential free agency losses next year, I question their value for the 2019 season. Talib, Peters, Robey-Coleman, J.Johnson & Eric Weddle will be taking most of our DB snaps so long as there are no injuries, so Adderley feels like a luxury pick at #31.
If Higbee doesn't put it together this season, he's likely gone in free agency next year and Warring could make for a fine replacement, although I don't really see him as an impact player in 2019.

Except for Donald, the Rams Defensive Line suffered as Brockers had a rough time adjusting outside, his weight loss may be a factor for less effectiveness inside, and Suh didn't start taking things seriously until the Rams were approaching the play-offs. Westbrooks, like Suh, is gone, and Tanzel Smart hasn't done anything yet. On the OL we lost two of 5 starters to free agency and will likely lose our LT next season, Noteboom & Allen are untested. The Rams OL thrived last year largely on the back of our front 5, now we have the questionable health of our starting RB and the two relatively new unknowns starting for the OL. Protecting Goff should be a top priority.

For me, it's about the trenches and maintaining that dominance so that the guys behind them can work their magic, so for 2019, i'm more about spending all our first 3 picks for DL & OL trench warfare while the remainder of the draft is focused on depth. There are few positions for this team which couldn't be improved, so that may allow this draft to go in many unexpected & different directions, although as usual, I believe most teams draft BPA for need and we will be no different. jmo.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm struggling with the idea of drafting a CORNER/SAFETY when the draft is so deep at EDGE, he won't start, and the same problems we have at CORNER we have at EDGE.

Do you feel Adderly will be the best PLAYER left when we pick at 31?

I think it's between him and Jachai Polite. I know a lot of people are hesitant to draft Polite because of the red flags. I am not. I'll eventually have Polite in a mock. But there is better value at EDGE in the 3rd round than there is safety. Adderley is a stud. I think he's an All Pro FS.

It's certainly not "sexy"
I dont watch much college ball, so I'm by no means a credible contributor to these threads.

Admittedly, I always cringe seeing TE taken early. They rarely live up to the hype. After QB, it seems like a tough position to evaluate and develop.
I didnt like the Everett pick a couple years ago and I still dont.
I'd rather go with a safer potion this early in the draft. Maybe take a shot and double up on secondary or take advantage of the deep DL class here.

I like the idea of a mauling RB. I think they are undervalued in today's game, but can still be effective in wearing down an opposing defensive line

It is a hard position to draft, but I like to look for players who are undervalued. I scout for special traits. Warring is undervalued. He has special movement skills and body control. Hockenson, who is likely to go in the top 20 picks, is a more polished player with more reliable hands, but Warring has every bit the talent and potential that Hockenson does. That excites me.

While Adderley & Warring are terrific players and will protect us against potential free agency losses next year, I question their value for the 2019 season. Talib, Peters, Robey-Coleman, J.Johnson & Eric Weddle will be taking most of our DB snaps so long as there are no injuries, so Adderley feels like a luxury pick at #31.

I think you'll be surprised how much he plays if we draft Adderley. I love NRC, but I wouldn't be shocked if Adderley resulted in NRC losing a lot of snaps. Adderley can play any of the CB spots along with FS. I expect Wade would use him heavily in nickel sets. But I don't draft for the short term. I draft for the long term. I think Adderley is an Earl Thomas/Eric Weddle/Nick Collins type of impact player at FS. Basically, I think he's a future All Pro. It's hard to find guys like that at #31. Usually, they are much riskier players than Adderley.

If Higbee doesn't put it together this season, he's likely gone in free agency next year and Warring could make for a fine replacement, although I don't really see him as an impact player in 2019.

TEs always take time to develop. I think Warring has the potential to be one of the best TEs in the NFL. That's worth patience imo.

Except for Donald, the Rams Defensive Line suffered as Brockers had a rough time adjusting outside, his weight loss may be a factor for less effectiveness inside, and Suh didn't start taking things seriously until the Rams were approaching the play-offs. Westbrooks, like Suh, is gone, and Tanzel Smart hasn't done anything yet. On the OL we lost two of 5 starters to free agency and will likely lose our LT next season, Noteboom & Allen are untested. The Rams OL thrived last year largely on the back of our front 5, now we have the questionable health of our starting RB and the two relatively new unknowns starting for the OL. Protecting Goff should be a top priority.

For me, it's about the trenches and maintaining that dominance so that the guys behind them can work their magic, so for 2019, i'm more about spending all our first 3 picks for DL & OL trench warfare while the remainder of the draft is focused on depth. There are few positions for this team which couldn't be improved, so that may allow this draft to go in many unexpected & different directions, although as usual, I believe most teams draft BPA for need and we will be no different. jmo.

Yeah, I'm not sold the Rams are done with the trenches in FA. But if they are, I think it's because they are comfortable with the players we have. I want to land the best value where I can. I want to draft players I believe can be special. I think it would be a mistake to force trench picks over better talent on the board.

I really like this draft, and it provides extreme value, IMO, if we could land some of these players, at these spots. Adderley is an intriguing prospect. Has he had his Pro day? Do you know any numbers on him. He reminds me, a little, of Darian Stewart. Davis looks like a starting Guard to me. He has the strength, good size, and excellent feet. I am definitely in for Warring, here. He has a chance to be special. Holyfield is a beast.

Broughton is a good player, I saw him play a couple of times. I think TFL's translate well, to the NFL, and maybe an underrated stat. Stick is smart, and sneaky athletic. I like his game, and he'd be as good as any this late, to groom. I'm not real familiar with a couple of your other guys, but, even if I don't agree 100% on who you picked, I like how you attacked the draft to address, not just glaring needs, but also, some hidden needs.

My only wish is if you had slipped in a raw, but long, fast, deep threat WR, who likes to compete. If you know anyone who fits that description, who would be considered a sleeper, let me know.

Great job!

Thanks, Doc! Adderley did have his Pro Day. I read that he pulled a hammy running his first 40 and decided to call it a day. He ran a 4.54 40 on that first one. I'm not worried about the athleticism with him. It jumps out on tape. He looks like a man among boys at the FCS level.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Best one you've put up yet Jrry nice job. (y)

Adderly might not be the position everyone wants but damn. That dude would be an enormous value at 31. Re: you putting Warring in round 3.... Think I'm gonna burn some of his film not really familiar with his game.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah I'm sold on Warring. I prefer the big TEs who can get lost on the LOS, they're very hard to key on when defenses know they can block and he's a good blocker. But he's also a smooth athlete with good hands.

And you're probably right to go round 3 with him. Dudes of that size with fluid movement and hands don't get overlooked for long.

Here he is vs Nevada, excellent film...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SJZM5x-y6g

Ram65

Legend
Adderley could be the best player available and would be great for the future. He could help this year as he is versatile. If he could start at CB next year it would make more sense to take him. Have to see if a DT or Lber is available that has a similar high grade. Overall, I think safety can wait if other options are available.

Warring is an interesting pick. Could be the middle/deep field threat that Rams need. Just not sure how they see Higbee's future.

I can see the Rams taking a chance on Miller.

Keep em coming

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Best one you've put up yet Jrry nice job. (y)

Adderly might not be the position everyone wants but damn. That dude would be an enormous value at 31. Re: you putting Warring in round 3.... Think I'm gonna burn some of his film not really familiar with his game.

Yeah, I think people would feel differently about Adderley if they watched a game or two of his. The only reasons I have for him being available at #31 are the defensive talent in this class and the fact that he played at the FCS level. The guy could legitimately start at boundary CB, slot CB, or FS. There aren't many guys so gifted and skilled who could do that. Off the top of my head, Nick Collins, Eric Weddle, Earl Thomas, Ed Reed, Charles Woodson, and Rod Woodson are guys who could definitely do it. There are also some career CBs (ex. Richard Sherman) who could do it. But the list isn't very long.

Simply put, there aren't many safeties who have great range and ball-skills while being fearless and reliable in run support. I think he's on par with recent first round picks like Eric Berry, Earl Thomas, Jamal Adams, Minkah Fitzpatrick, and Derwin James.

Like the back end of draft, but need a real NT. I also think Adderley is very similar to LMJ. Honestly, would rather trade back into top 2nd if there is a QB on board (I.e. Daniels) that is in high demand.

I am a big fan of LaMarcus Joyner, but he's not the talent Adderley is. Adderley is a far more gifted athlete and playmaker. LMJ's issue has always been his ball-skills. That was problematic at multiple points this year. Adderley's ball-skills are a huge strength.

Here's a play where you see Adderley's strengths and weaknesses. He bites on the pump fake, but watch the recovery speed, ball-skills, and hands:

Now, you might be thinking, "Well, I don't just want a playmaker. I want a nasty SOB who will lay the lumber." Well, here's what he can do as a runner:

Imagine what he does when the ball isn't in his hands. ;)

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
FWIW's The University of Delaware has one of the best nick names in college football...The Fighting Blue Hens!

Ram65

Legend
Yeah, I think people would feel differently about Adderley if they watched a game or two of his. The only reasons I have for him being available at #31 are the defensive talent in this class and the fact that he played at the FCS level. The guy could legitimately start at boundary CB, slot CB, or FS. There aren't many guys so gifted and skilled who could do that. Off the top of my head, Nick Collins, Eric Weddle, Earl Thomas, Ed Reed, Charles Woodson, and Rod Woodson are guys who could definitely do it. There are also some career CBs (ex. Richard Sherman) who could do it. But the list isn't very long.

Simply put, there aren't many safeties who have great range and ball-skills while being fearless and reliable in run support. I think he's on par with recent first round picks like Eric Berry, Earl Thomas, Jamal Adams, Minkah Fitzpatrick, and Derwin James.

Like I said if he can play CB. Sounds like a difference maker.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame

I am a big fan of LaMarcus Joyner, but he's not the talent Adderley is. Adderley is a far more gifted athlete and playmaker. LMJ's issue has always been his ball-skills. That was problematic at multiple points this year. Adderley's ball-skills are a huge strength.

Here's a play where you see Adderley's strengths and weaknesses. He bites on the pump fake, but watch the recovery speed, ball-skills, and hands:

Now, you might be thinking, "Well, I don't just want a playmaker. I want a nasty SOB who will lay the lumber." Well, here's what he can do as a runner:

Imagine what he does when the ball isn't in his hands. ;)

If you think he's as talented as the other names on that list, then I'm on board.

However, your comment on your last video says "imagine" what he does, but shouldn't there be videos of him tackling people (to be fair that's the only one I watched)? I mean, we shouldn't have to imagine, right? I'm not asking for more videos, I guess I'm really asking if he actually tackles people that violently.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If you think he's as talented as the other names on that list, then I'm on board.

However, your comment on your last video says "imagine" what he does, but shouldn't there be videos of him tackling people (to be fair that's the only one I watched)? I mean, we shouldn't have to imagine, right? I'm not asking for more videos, I guess I'm really asking if he actually tackles people that violently.

I was directing that to people who haven't watched the games. Here's a gif of him blowing up a 6'6" 250 pound NDSU TE:
giphy.gif