Josh Rosen traded to the Miami Dolphins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Kind of lame by the Cardinals.

———

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-steve-keim-before-during-or-after-the-draft/

Josh Rosen says he didn't hear from Cardinals general manager Steve Keim before, during or after the draft
While some people were mad at Rosen's behavior, Keim was apparently ghosting Rosen the entire time

All throughout draft season, as trade rumors involving Josh Rosen swirled and the Cardinals' infatuation with Kyler Murray took a hold of the franchise, so many of us were so focused on how Rosen conducted himself throughout the process that we forgot to pay attention to how the Cardinals' decision-makers behaved. It turns out, it's possible that Rosen, the 22-year-old, second-year quarterback, managed the process far more maturely than he's been given credit for.

During an appearance on "The Rich Eisen Show" on Tuesday, Rosen revealed that he hasn't heard from Cardinals general manager Steve Keim for months. According to Rosen, Keim didn't talk to him before the draft. He didn't talk to him during the draft. He didn't talk to him after the draft.

While Rosen was getting criticized for unfollowing the Cardinals' social media accounts, the Cardinals' general manager was apparently ghosting him.

"The only thing that really did kind of frustrate me through this whole process was like I still haven't heard from my old GM," Rosen said, via NFL.com. "I hadn't talked to him for months before. Still haven't talked to him after. That was kind of frustrating, but for the most part, I'm just ready to put that whole chapter behind me and keep pushing on and playing football."

We hear it all the time, which makes it a bit of cliche, but the fact remains that football is a business. Keim certainly wasn't required to call Rosen to let him know the Cardinals were drafting Murray with the first-overall pick a year after they took Rosen with the 10th-overall pick. He didn't have to talk to him in March to tell him they were considering it, but weren't sure how it would play out. He didn't need tell him about the trade that sent Rosen to Miami, where he's now competing with Ryan Fitzpatrick for the Dolphins' starting job. He was under no obligation to do so.

Just because he didn't need to doesn't mean he shouldn't have, though. Nobody is asking Keim to take Rosen out for a cup of coffee to deliver the news, but a quick call or a short text would've sufficed.

And so, it's completely understandable why the Cardinals' handling of the situation frustrated Rosen, who was left in the dark the entire time until new coach Kliff Kingsbury delivered the news a minute before they took Murray with the first-overall pick.

"My agent gave me a call about five minutes before saying, 'Don't be surprised if this might happen.' I was like, 'Alright, it is what it is, we'll see how the cards end up falling. But you know I'm going to compete wherever I am,'" Rosen said. "So Kliff gave me an actual call a minute before it happened saying that we're going to draft Kyler. I mean, I have the most respect for Kliff. I don't slight anyone for making business decisions they think are best for them and their family, but I appreciated how he acted like a man and was very respectful. He was wishing me the best. He called me even the day after the draft wishing me good luck. And I wished him good luck. I even gave Kyler a call, sent him a text that said, 'Good luck, I'm wishing you the best.'

"But that's kind of all you can really ask for in this game. People make decisions for whatever reason. But as long as they are men about it and they respect someone's career, then I can appreciate that."

It's also easy to understand why Rosen wouldn't be Keim's biggest fan. Keim didn't have to talk to Rosen throughout or at the end of the process, but by ghosting him, he should've understood (and maybe he did) that it might lead to Rosen harboring hostile feelings toward him.

By the sound of it, even though he wouldn't name Keim on an Arya-style list, Rosen did hint that he doesn't think highly of the general manager who traded up for him in the first round just a year ago.

"Literally [Kingsbury is] like, 'Hey, so we're about to draft Kyler. I don't really know what happens now,'" Rosen said. "And I responded, 'I don't really know what happens either.' But regardless, at least he gave me the courtesy of giving me the call. I love everyone in that building, with the exception of maybe one or two guys there.

"For the most part I love everyone in that Arizona Cardinals building, from Tom Reed, the trainer, to Brett Fischer, the [physical therapist] there, to the kitchen crew, it was an unbelievable experience. I had an awesome time. I'm bummed to move on, but I'm excited. And it's been an interesting ride, but I think it just makes the story a little bit better."

There's no way to know for certain if the Cardinals made the right decision to give up on Rosen after only one year and to start anew with Murray. If Murray ends up becoming a legitimate franchise quarterback, their handling of the situation dating back to last year's draft will be mostly forgotten. If Rosen thrives with the Dolphins and Murray doesn't live up to their expectations, the Cardinals won't just be ridiculed for drafting Murray. Their entire handling of the situation will go down as a disaster.

In the end (another cliche incoming), it's a results-oriented business. Fair or not, that's how Keim, Kingsbury, Rosen, and Murray will be judged -- by wins and losses, not by unfollows on social media or phone calls that should've been made, but never were.

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
Kind of lame by the Cardinals.

———

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-steve-keim-before-during-or-after-the-draft/

Josh Rosen says he didn't hear from Cardinals general manager Steve Keim before, during or after the draft
While some people were mad at Rosen's behavior, Keim was apparently ghosting Rosen the entire time

All throughout draft season, as trade rumors involving Josh Rosen swirled and the Cardinals' infatuation with Kyler Murray took a hold of the franchise, so many of us were so focused on how Rosen conducted himself throughout the process that we forgot to pay attention to how the Cardinals' decision-makers behaved. It turns out, it's possible that Rosen, the 22-year-old, second-year quarterback, managed the process far more maturely than he's been given credit for.

During an appearance on "The Rich Eisen Show" on Tuesday, Rosen revealed that he hasn't heard from Cardinals general manager Steve Keim for months. According to Rosen, Keim didn't talk to him before the draft. He didn't talk to him during the draft. He didn't talk to him after the draft.

While Rosen was getting criticized for unfollowing the Cardinals' social media accounts, the Cardinals' general manager was apparently ghosting him.

"The only thing that really did kind of frustrate me through this whole process was like I still haven't heard from my old GM," Rosen said, via NFL.com. "I hadn't talked to him for months before. Still haven't talked to him after. That was kind of frustrating, but for the most part, I'm just ready to put that whole chapter behind me and keep pushing on and playing football."

We hear it all the time, which makes it a bit of cliche, but the fact remains that football is a business. Keim certainly wasn't required to call Rosen to let him know the Cardinals were drafting Murray with the first-overall pick a year after they took Rosen with the 10th-overall pick. He didn't have to talk to him in March to tell him they were considering it, but weren't sure how it would play out. He didn't need tell him about the trade that sent Rosen to Miami, where he's now competing with Ryan Fitzpatrick for the Dolphins' starting job. He was under no obligation to do so.

Just because he didn't need to doesn't mean he shouldn't have, though. Nobody is asking Keim to take Rosen out for a cup of coffee to deliver the news, but a quick call or a short text would've sufficed.

And so, it's completely understandable why the Cardinals' handling of the situation frustrated Rosen, who was left in the dark the entire time until new coach Kliff Kingsbury delivered the news a minute before they took Murray with the first-overall pick.

"My agent gave me a call about five minutes before saying, 'Don't be surprised if this might happen.' I was like, 'Alright, it is what it is, we'll see how the cards end up falling. But you know I'm going to compete wherever I am,'" Rosen said. "So Kliff gave me an actual call a minute before it happened saying that we're going to draft Kyler. I mean, I have the most respect for Kliff. I don't slight anyone for making business decisions they think are best for them and their family, but I appreciated how he acted like a man and was very respectful. He was wishing me the best. He called me even the day after the draft wishing me good luck. And I wished him good luck. I even gave Kyler a call, sent him a text that said, 'Good luck, I'm wishing you the best.'

"But that's kind of all you can really ask for in this game. People make decisions for whatever reason. But as long as they are men about it and they respect someone's career, then I can appreciate that."

It's also easy to understand why Rosen wouldn't be Keim's biggest fan. Keim didn't have to talk to Rosen throughout or at the end of the process, but by ghosting him, he should've understood (and maybe he did) that it might lead to Rosen harboring hostile feelings toward him.

By the sound of it, even though he wouldn't name Keim on an Arya-style list, Rosen did hint that he doesn't think highly of the general manager who traded up for him in the first round just a year ago.

"Literally [Kingsbury is] like, 'Hey, so we're about to draft Kyler. I don't really know what happens now,'" Rosen said. "And I responded, 'I don't really know what happens either.' But regardless, at least he gave me the courtesy of giving me the call. I love everyone in that building, with the exception of maybe one or two guys there.

"For the most part I love everyone in that Arizona Cardinals building, from Tom Reed, the trainer, to Brett Fischer, the [physical therapist] there, to the kitchen crew, it was an unbelievable experience. I had an awesome time. I'm bummed to move on, but I'm excited. And it's been an interesting ride, but I think it just makes the story a little bit better."

There's no way to know for certain if the Cardinals made the right decision to give up on Rosen after only one year and to start anew with Murray. If Murray ends up becoming a legitimate franchise quarterback, their handling of the situation dating back to last year's draft will be mostly forgotten. If Rosen thrives with the Dolphins and Murray doesn't live up to their expectations, the Cardinals won't just be ridiculed for drafting Murray. Their entire handling of the situation will go down as a disaster.

In the end (another cliche incoming), it's a results-oriented business. Fair or not, that's how Keim, Kingsbury, Rosen, and Murray will be judged -- by wins and losses, not by unfollows on social media or phone calls that should've been made, but never were.

Here's that Eisen interview:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEFet2agMpY

Oh, and Kurt was on right after:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuXBNYb2_c4

Ramit

ROD GRUNT
I think that the Cardinals are going to turn into the new Browns...I hope so at least.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
It's a tough business for sure... but I get the feeling that Rosen receives the same kind of treatment that he gives. He's seems like a 1st class dickhead that believes he's smarter than everyone in the room at all times. That kinda shit comes back to you.

He should have kept all of this to himself. If he felt that bad about not getting a call from the drunk driving GM... he should have gone to see him in person to let him know how he felt (like a man). Or... at least called him himself. But no... let's just throw that out to the media to toss around instead.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
They only thing I learned from this thread is that (apparently) "ghosting" is now a word. Not sure what it means but there it is. I'm getting old. :unsure:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It's a tough business for sure... but I get the feeling that Rosen receives the same kind of treatment that he gives. He's seems like a 1st class dork that believes he's smarter than everyone in the room at all times. That kinda crap comes back to you.

You'd think the leaders of an organization would be above that.

But; not the Cardinals, apparently.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Yeah I don't think it's a big deal. As long as the coach called him and said he's going in a different direction then wished him well what else does he want.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was shocked by this move. I don't know what Rosen will end up being in the NFL, but to give up on a QB that quickly is shocking. It isn't like he was dropped into a great position in the first place. Then to draft Kyler Murray with the #1 overall pick. Wow.

I know that he is an incredible athlete, but successful, short QBs in the NFL are a rare commodity. And Murray only attempted 519 Passes in his entire college career. Arizona might have made the perfect move, but I, personally, doubt it. It is hard enough to come into the NFL and be successful, let alone at the QB position, let alone being 5'10.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
.@kurtfaulk said:

“Yeah I don't think it's a big deal. As long as the coach called him and said he's going in a different direction then wished him well what else does he want.”

Keim has been ghosting me for years. Not surprising. (n)

Last edited:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-as-qb-looks-to-bounce-back-from-rookie-mess/

Can Josh Rosen find success with Dolphins? Here's what to expect as QB looks to bounce back from rookie mess

It's been only 15 months since Josh Rosen was a top-10 draft pick, so it's way too early to call him a bust. Yet it's worth wondering, following an awful first year in Arizona, if he'll be able to avoid that label next offseason after a year with the rebuilding Miami Dolphins.

So many things went wrong with the Cardinals -- Steve Wilks didn't know how to use Rosen (or David Johnson), offensive coordinator Mike McCoy was fired midseason, the offensive line stunk -- that thankfully he got traded, except that where he got traded is projected to be the NFL's new worst team.

So, how will it all play out for Rosen?

"I want to like him, he was my second favorite QB last year in the draft, but I just don't see how he succeeds," Sean Wagner-McGough said on Monday's Pick Six Podcast. "It wasn't Rosen's fault when he didn't succeed last year, and it's not going to be his fault when he doesn't succeed this year.

"He could be the Titans quarterback in a year."

Host Will Brinson doesn't think that idea is crazy, and the guys also debate what the Titans will have to see from Marcus Mariota to give him a big contract (it's a lively mailbag edition of the pod).

"I'll put this out there: I think Rosen's going to have a better season than Marcus Mariota," Brinson said. "I think he's going to have a season where people say OK, maybe the Cardinals prematurely got off of Josh Rosen. I don't think he's gonna have a 4,000 yard, 40 TD season, but I think Chad O'Shea, a first time offensive coordinator who worked with Josh McDaniels, will design a scheme friendly enough to Rosen's skillset to give him some easy looks and quick throws behind questionable offensive line."

Does that mean anyone would rather have Rosen than Mariota long-term? Brinson chose Rosen, but didn't get much backing. Still, Ryan Wilson agreed with Brinson's assessment that last season's Cardinals were the worst team we've seen in a decade.

"If Kyler Murray was on that team last year, they're still winning three games," Wilson said. "Tom Brady and Peyton Manning could've been on the field at the same time, and that team would've been terrible.

"The problem is, the Dolphins look like a three-win team. I've said this before: I would start Ryan Fitzpatrick the first month of the season; don't throw Rosen out there in back-to-back years. I'm not giving up on Rosen, but he has the deck stacked against him. If they start 1-5, the conversation's going to be about Tua (Tagovailoa) and Justin Herbert."

Listen to the full conversation below as the guys answer other mailbag questions, like which team/city offers the best overall experience, the best keepers in fantasy, and which fast food meal they'd pick if they could only eat one the rest of their lives. And be sure to subscribe/listen daily to get all the latest NFL news and notes.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
"The problem is, the Dolphins look like a three-win team. I've said this before: I would start Ryan Fitzpatrick the first month of the season; don't throw Rosen out there in back-to-back years. I'm not giving up on Rosen, but he has the deck stacked against him.

I find Rosen a bit of a fascinating project. I think he has the tools to succeed, I do. They MIGHT have a starter here. But... I think there needs to be a strategy with him, a longer play than the Dolphins are probably thinking.

Build him up somehow. I don’t know if he must sit, but I think sitting might be good until the climate is right to start him again.

Otherwise, he may never get it right. His development stunted and/or teams stop having confidence. Neither a good label to have.

But, I suspect the Dolphins will play him. Does that work, or backfire? Who knows.