Josh Rosen traded to the Miami Dolphins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Shalise Manza Young,Yahoo Sports 29 minutes ago

Sometime between Thursday night when the Arizona Cardinals chose quarterback Kyler Murray No. 1 overall in the NFL draft and late Friday morning, Josh Rosen, the quarterback the Cardinals had taken in the first round just last year, unfollowed the Cardinals on all social media platforms.

It looks like he’ll be hitting “follow” on some new accounts.

Reports: Miami Dolphins to acquire Rosen
5cc34e702300003700947338.jpeg

Florida bound? The Arizona Cardinals will reportedly trade Josh Rosen to the Miami Dolphins. (AP)
Via ProFootballTalk and NFL Network, the Miami Dolphins and Arizona Cardinals are close to agreeing on a trade that will send Rosen to the Dolphins.

Miami will send their second-round pick, No. 48, to Arizona, though it reportedly wants a pick back from the Cardinals because it feels the trade is slanted too heavily in Arizona’s favor without.

Though it seemed a foregone conclusion for weeks that the Cardinals would be drafting Murray, general manager Steve Keim didn’t start the work of a trade until just before the draft began on Thursday night, which likely negatively impacted his team’s return.

Brian Flores likely familiar with Rosen
According to Yahoo Sports’ Charles Robinson, Miami’s new head coach, Brian Flores, is likely familiar with Rosen, or at least his smarts: Flores was the New England Patriots’ de-facto defensive coordinator last year, and the Patriots did evaluate Rosen even though it was unlikely they’d take the quarterback that high or even in the first round.

Miami signed 36-year-old veteran Ryan Fitzpatrick last month; if the Dolphins complete the trade to acquire Rosen, it’s possible he could work and learn from Fitzpatrick for a time before taking over the starting role.

Rosen started 13 games for the Cardinals last year, completing 55.2 percent of his passes with 11 touchdowns and 14 interceptions.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report...sh-rosen-to-the-miami-dolphins-183203051.html

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Glad Rosen is out of the NFC West. He never got a chance in AZ. Imagine if we did that with Goff. I hope he plays great with Miami.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
A steal for Miami who needs a new starter badly. I thought they would even be thinking about their 1st round pick prior to the draft.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
A steal for Miami who needs a new starter badly. I thought they would even be thinking about their 1st round pick prior to the draft.
Good deal for Miami, he would have been great to pair with Gase. Who is the coach there now?

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Looks like the clown show in Arizona continues. With a little luck and intelligence the Cards could have rebuilt much of their team with a trade of the first overall and giving protection and targets for Rosen. Not that I trust their HC to know what to do. So now it'll likely be years before the Cards are a serious threat. Oh, they'll win a few games here and there, but nowhere near as many as if they had hired a competent coach and used the #1 overall pick to get enough good picks to fill holes.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Excellent deal for Miami. Yes, they gave up a second, but I think that Rosen is a better quarterback than Murray, and that the Cardinals made a huge mistake by trading up for him last year, only to give up on him this year.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, Rosen got a raw deal in Zona. I hope he does well in Miami and is able to laugh at the Cardinals in the end.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Looks like the clown show in Arizona continues. With a little luck and intelligence the Cards could have rebuilt much of their team with a trade of the first overall and giving protection and targets for Rosen. Not that I trust their HC to know what to do. So now it'll likely be years before the Cards are a serious threat. Oh, they'll win a few games here and there, but nowhere near as many as if they had hired a competent coach and used the #1 overall pick to get enough good picks to fill holes.

Let's hope the clown show continues in Arizona. But recall that the Rams gave up a King's ransom to get Goff to the Titans. The Rams and Goff were in the Superbowl and the Titans were watching the playoffs on TV.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Let's hope the clown show continues in Arizona. But recall that the Rams gave up a King's ransom to get Goff to the Titans. The Rams and Goff were in the Superbowl and the Titans were watching the playoffs on TV.

Oh sure. But small, running QBs have a long history in the NFL of breaking, especially without good support around them. The Cards' offense lacks that good support, especially on their OL. Let's just say I'm less than impressed with Kingsbury as a HC candidate. I don't see him transitioning well, with an offense that is gimmicky by NFL standards.

For all the justifiable complaints about Fisher, the Rams had built a solid core of players, that needed relatively little to be an above average team. Not so much with the Cardinals. Better for the Cards if they'd hired a coach who knows NFL offenses, got a good DC, figured Rosen's problems were a bad coach and too little talent around him, and fixed the talent issue by trading down, improving the OL and giving Rosen a weapon or two.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
This was an easier prediction then Daniel Jones going to the New York Football Giants...Rosen great fit in Miami and I believe barring injury, will be an asset for them and their new Head Coach Brian Flores.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rosen is a little too cocky for my taste. You can’t go around treating people badly, talking folks down and expect a pro caliber team to want you around especially if you haven’t proven yourself yet in the NFL. I have a feeling that AZ is happy he’s gone.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
FYI
This report is NOT coming out of Arizona. Word here is that as of this moment the Cards are not necessarily in a hurry to trade Rosen

IMO they need to get what they can and move on ASAP

Of course if i was in charge i would have kept Rosen and either traded out to help rebuild or drafted Bosa/Williams #1

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Rosen is a little too cocky for my taste. You can’t go around treating people badly, talking folks down and expect a pro caliber team to want you around especially if you haven’t proven yourself yet in the NFL. I have a feeling that AZ is happy he’s gone.

Rosen is definitely cocky, that's for sure. But he had no help in Arizona, and his supporting cast was almost as bad as Goff's during his rookie season. He had an aging Fitzgerald, an ineffective David Johnson, and no O-line to speak of. Plus the coaching staff that came in after Wilks was fired basically put him in limbo.

He has every right to hate the Cardinals.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Not sure which dumpster fire is worse, Oakland or Arizona. Mike Mayock masquerading as a GM or Kingsbury Masquarading as a HC.

At least in Miami their dumpster fire looks like they might be getting it under control.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rosen is definitely cocky, that's for sure. But he had no help in Arizona, and his supporting cast was almost as bad as Goff's during his rookie season. He had an aging Fitzgerald, an ineffective David Johnson, and no O-line to speak of. Plus the coaching staff that came in after Wilks was fired basically put him in limbo.

He has every right to hate the Cardinals.
Sure he can hate ‘em all. Doesn’t really matter who he hates. I was really referring to the disrespect he showed against all those teams that didn’t pick him in the draft. He’s kinda self righteous if you ask me. He should keep that shizzle to himself and let his play speak for him. I think Arizona just didn’t want to build their team around a guy with some undesirable character issues. Clearly he can play. Just my opinion. I wish Josh the best. He probably just needs to mature a bit.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Oh sure. But small, running QBs have a long history in the NFL of breaking, especially without good support around them. The Cards' offense lacks that good support, especially on their OL. Let's just say I'm less than impressed with Kingsbury as a HC candidate. I don't see him transitioning well, with an offense that is gimmicky by NFL standards.

For all the justifiable complaints about Fisher, the Rams had built a solid core of players, that needed relatively little to be an above average team. Not so much with the Cardinals. Better for the Cards if they'd hired a coach who knows NFL offenses, got a good DC, figured Rosen's problems were a bad coach and too little talent around him, and fixed the talent issue by trading down, improving the OL and giving Rosen a weapon or two.

Yeah, other than Fran Tarkenton and Russell Wilson, there aren’t a lot of examples of short, scrambling QBs who lasted in the NFL.