JJ Watt Released, signs with Arizona

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I dont see how Pittsburgh would be where he'd go ring hunting. Sure playing alongside his bro would be fun for a minute, but Ben is done and Pittsburgh is a 4-12 team without him

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You want a ring? How about the Rams pick up Watt and Clowney to play with AD, wouldnt that be fun?

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
I dream of the situation where we could have Donald and JJ Watt playing alongside each other

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I‘d like to see JJ over Fowler, sign a center and use the draft to pick up OLB. Just a dream

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Like I said on another site, he has massively declined over the past 5 seasons. The key issue is injuries he has missed 2 seasons worth over the last 5. He had a great season 3 years ago and last year he played all 16 games and had 5 sacks.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Fuck him.

Unless he becomes a Ram of course.

I'll share this with my Brethren here. A fishing buddy of mine who played DL in the NFL and is in the HOF has told me for years that JJ is completely over-rated. Way over-rated in his eyes. He literally gets pissed and rants about how the media builds this guy up and how wrong it is. It’s really something to hear him rant on about. I've heard it so much from him that I believe him.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fuck him.

I'll share this with my Brethren here. A fishing buddy of mine who played DL in the NFL and is in the HOF has told me for years that JJ is completely over-rated. Way over-rated in his eyes. He literally gets pissed and rants about how the media builds this guy up and how wrong it is. It’s really something to hear him rant on about. I've heard it so much from him that I believe him.
So tell us what Warren Sapp really thinks about JJ!

oldnotdead

Legend
I‘d like to see JJ over Fowler, sign a center and use the draft to pick up OLB. Just a dream

Fowler?? I assume you mean Floyd. If you do I disagree. Watt is clearly in decline. He's never been a dominant pass rusher. His forte has always been as a run stuffer. Watt has always been a scheme limited player much like Dante Fowler. Floyd on the other hand is the perfect example of a JACK LB in a 3-4 hybrid scheme. He can rush the passer (10.5) sacks or he can drop into zone coverage. Watt is no longer worth premium cap $$. If he wants to come here on an affordable contract to ring hunt sure I can see that for one year. But no way I would put him ahead of extending Floyd and Williams.

At this point in his career, he's simply a two-down player which is why Houston released him.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fowler?? I assume you mean Floyd. If you do I disagree. Watt is clearly in decline. He's never been a dominant pass rusher. His forte has always been as a run stuffer. Watt has always been a scheme limited player much like Dante Fowler. Floyd on the other hand is the perfect example of a JACK LB in a 3-4 hybrid scheme. He can rush the passer (10.5) sacks or he can drop into zone coverage. Watt is no longer worth premium cap $$. If he wants to come here on an affordable contract to ring hunt sure I can see that for one year. But no way I would put him ahead of extending Floyd and Williams.

At this point in his career, he's simply a two-down player which is why Houston released him.
Are you saying Watt has never been a dominant pass rusher? He has 101 sacks in essentially 7 years and seasons with 20.5, 20.5, 17.5, and 16.5.

and Houston released him because he asked to be released (words straight from watts mouth)

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's coming to LA, I can feel it.

He'll want to team up with AD and it represents one of the best chances at a ring.

The Ramowl

Starter
He has a lot of options but playing alongside AD could be a really attractive perspective for him.
I'm just happy this team is now in all the conversations regarding high value free agents. If you combine culture, market, quality of life, coaching staff, star players, I guess there are not a whole lot of franchise that present a more attractive combination.

I think he goes to the Steelers as well though. Doubt he gets any rings out of that but who knows.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Fuck him.

Your fishing buddy was trying to down play Donald’s game last summer too. I think he’s biased.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I did mean Floyd, my mistake. I should have presented from a team friendly signing. Floyd is not a player (IMO) worthy of a top dollar contrac, especially from the Rams. Now with Morris coming in to run the D, id say the likelihood for a major drop off is his play is inevitable.

I agree Watt is not the player he had been. Going off your point, I’d rather see Williams with Ramsey with a cap friendly Watt signing & center.

We obviously see this differently, but I like the fact our Rams have options. That gives all of us hope. Just hoping it’s not an “I told you so“ from @oldnotdead lol

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Actually how bout another team? Reunite with Vrabel in Tennessee and go against the Texans twice a year :D

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Your fishing buddy was trying to down play Donald’s game last summer too. I think he’s biased.

Actually that's not the case at all. He has ALWAYS said nothing but over the top positive things about AD.

When AD was a rookie... he said that he was the ONE AND ONLY player that he has ever seen that came into the league with a higher level of skill and ability than he had. He has always marveled over Donald. In fact, that's one of the main reasons that he bags on JJ... especially 5 years ago. He would go into great detail about the subtle DL line things that Donald was already doing at a level far beyond JJ.