Jenkins tweets disgust with Rams lowball offer?? And other Jenkins negotiation info.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Total disrespect? You held down one side, for one year. The other three, you were too busy getting torched for huge TDs. I wish someone would just post an article about how big a tool JJ is. See what that does to his value. As of this last tweet, take a hike bud. Go play for the Browns.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
His frequent crying on twitter is only going to hurt his value on the open market. For a player that was drafted with apparent character issues, this isn't going to encourage teams to go open the waller.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Bye bye Janoris
Good luck with the Oakland/San Antonio/Las Vegas Raiders

image.jpg

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
:whistle:
[GALLERY=media, 46]Screenshot_2016-02-28-20-11-53 by BatteringRambo posted Feb 28, 2016 at 8:24 PM[/GALLERY]

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
This would make so many of my days if it happened.

QDFxJ11.jpg

MrMotes

Starter
5 years for 45 is 9 mil per, franchise is just under 14 mil.

I don't know if that's really the offer but if it is, it's low, JJ will get more than that...

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
5 years for 45 is 9 mil per, franchise is just under 14 mil.

I don't know if that's really the offer but if it is, it's low, JJ will get more than that...

Unfortunately your probably right he will want more alot more.But based on his overall play this offer is solid and fair IMHO.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Guy on Reddit had a good point. If jj took that deal hed fall well below the corners who would be free agents next year due to the increase in salary every year.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Offer 5/50. If he doesn't take it let him walk. He's pretty good, but far from the best. He wants pro bowl money but he's not a pro bowler.
Not sure how anyone can hold this whole Pro Bowl argument against Jenks. The Pro Bowl is nothing more than a popularity contest and it's not as if our Rams have been media darlings of late. Add that to the lack of team success and you pretty much have your answer.

Put JJ's level of play last year on a playoff team, or in a more remevent media market (no offense intended to STL here) and he makes the Pro Bowl. IMO.

dcramfan

UDFA
This is a low ball offer for sure, and I would like him back, but this draft is deep in 'D' backs and why throw huge money at multiple backs. I would rather have Johnson back between the two anyway. Would also much rather sign Barron and Hayes and Sims and Johnson...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Being a nimrod on Twitter aside...

He'll get more than that on the open market, but that doesn't mean he's worth it. It just means there are always teams out there that will pay whatever it takes to get someone. If the Rams have a valuation of $50m on him, and another team's desperation pushes that to 70, then that doesn't mean he's all of a sudden a top 5 CB. It just means that other team *thinks* he is.

It's not even my place to speculate about how much he's worth, because that's all relative to the eye of the beholder. He should try to get as much as he can. If he thinks he's the best corner in the league and wants his pay to be commensurate with that, then more power to him. Go get yours. But don't expect the Rams (or anyone else) to hold the same high opinion of your talent. That's not how negotiations work.

fancents86

Starter
Damn, this thread is still going on? I guess I'll throw my opinion in as well. Jenkins has a point when he mentions durability, Johnson and Gaines (although Gaines was a accident) have yet to show they have that. Gaines had a great rookie season, but so did Jenkins. Gaines to me is unproven not only bc of limited seasons but also, from what I have heard, his type of injury can linger throughout his career. Johnson is a great corner, but does not have the durability that Jenkins has. I said it a couple months ago but if I were the Rams I'd throw out a deal tht gives close to what Jenkins wants but has performance bonuses that can meet or exceed what he wants. Now, if they've already offered that then i'd say let him walk.

lockdnram21

Legend
If they dont franchise tag him hes gone. If we loose him I think they will be drafting cb high. Even if they resign tru.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
Let Janoris Jenkins go!

Use money to pay best of the rest of our FA’s. Then buy best available FA Left Tackle

Personally, I’d buy FA 26 year old Buffalo Left Tackle Cordy Glenn. Move Greg Robinson inside to guard.

With leftover money that we would save from letting Jenkins go, buy 27 year old ( Stays healthy) Center Stefen Wisniewski and sign Tim Barnes.

Suddenly, offensive line is deep, young, and brutal. Left tackle fixed. Takes advantage of Greg Robinson's strengths and covers his weaknesses. Three young center entering prime years. Got unbelievable guard depth. Rodger Saffold and Garret Reynolds add veteran "plug and play" accross entire offensive line solutions. Develop Battle, Donnal, Wichman, and Rhaney.

Fantasy Offensive Line Depth Chart

LT Cordy Glen............. 2nd Rodger Saffold.......... 3rd- Isaiah Battle

LG Greg Robinson........ 2nd Garret Reynolds........ 3rd Rodger Saffold

C- Stepen Wisniewski.... 2nd Tim Barnes............... 3rd Demetrius Rhaney

RG- Jamon Brown......... 2nd Andrew Donnal.......... 3rd Cody Wichman

RT- Rob Havenstein...... 2nd Isaiah Battle.................3rd Rodger Saffold

2nd string screams DEPTH!

Then, focus 2016 draft on offensive skill players such as QB, WR, and TE...Add 1 new cornerback

Send Janoris Jenkins thank card.

Last edited:

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I don't think it matters to him where he ends up. He'll take the highest bid. Are the Rams willing to be the highest bidder? I have my doubts.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
Being a nimrod on Twitter aside...

He'll get more than that on the open market, but that doesn't mean he's worth it. It just means there are always teams out there that will pay whatever it takes to get someone. If the Rams have a valuation of $50m on him, and another team's desperation pushes that to 70, then that doesn't mean he's all of a sudden a top 5 CB. It just means that other team *thinks* he is.

It's not even my place to speculate about how much he's worth, because that's all relative to the eye of the beholder. He should try to get as much as he can. If he thinks he's the best corner in the league and wants his pay to be commensurate with that, then more power to him. Go get yours. But don't expect the Rams (or anyone else) to hold the same high opinion of your talent. That's not how negotiations work.
There's always one desperate team that overpays.

Raiders - Roger Saffold

Dolphis- Suh

Eagles - Bryon Maxwell

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think a lot of you are underrating Jenkins. He's been over TruJo on the depth chart since day 1. He hasn't missed nearly as many games (I think he's only missed the two games this year due to injury in his whole career, and it was a concussion).

Also, Jenkins is all over twitter, so naturally lots of you guys are hating on him. But it seems people are ignoring the fact that the Rams are considering putting the franchise tag on TruJo - which means they aren't close on a contract either.

So set aside your displaced anger for a second and think: if you have two players who are essentially asking for the same amount (either would get $14 million with the franchise tag), who do you take? The better one (according to the coaching staff - #1 on the depth chart) who stays healthy, or the 2nd best one who will miss a few games?

You would take the 2nd guy because the 1st guy puts stuff on twitter?? Or rather, you've convinced yourself that the 2nd guy is actually better because you don't like what the 1st guy does on twitter. Stats are misleading - Jenkins was often covering the better WR for his entire career. I love TruJo. But I still think Jenkins is better.

I'm hoping that the coaching staff franchises the one who is less likely to sign with us soon.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
so naturally lots of you guys are hating on him
So set aside your displaced anger for a second
Speaking only for myself, I have to say ... yeah, not so much. I don't hate the guy, and I'm not angry with him. Pointing out something dumb is just pointing out something dumb. There doesn't have to be any negative connotations associated with pointing out the obvious. Personally, I'd like them both locked up for several years. If the Rams can get that done, then great. If one has to leave over an inflated sense of self-worth, then so be it. I remember watching Pat Thomas and Rod Perry play, so I'm not heavily invested in either guy - they come and go. I'm heavily invested in the team as a whole.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I think the differences here could probably be broken down by age. Does anyone 30 years of age or younger think there is something wrong with what Jenkins did?

As people in his generation, it's easier for us to identify with him....which gives more credence to our opinions in this situation.

I disagree, it has nothing to do with age, it's maturity plain and simple and Jenkins has yet to fully grow up and he puts it on display on social media on a regular basis.

FYI there are more Twitter users over 30 than under 30.

If you think that people under 30 find what he did "cool" or "normal" I think you are out of touch. Most people would think (IMO) that he shouldn't have tossed out the tweets he did, it's childish and selfish.

He will go to whatever team pays him the most money, most players do. Rarely does someone take less to stay with a team and Jenkins isn't worth breaking the bank for so the Rams will probably not retain him unless they franchise him while they put plan B in place.