It's fair to call Goff elite now

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug

let's all be thankful the rams have goff and not some fuckwit like ben rapeburger. here he is pumping up the rookie wr james washington.

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers/14342663-74/roethlisberger-calls-out-washington-for-dropped-pass-against-broncos?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed: tribunereviewsteelers (Steelers Stories)

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger offered some strong words Tuesday for wide receiver James Washington, whose drop of a deep pass Sunday was the latest miscalculation in an unproductive rookie season.

Washington left his feet and tried to make a diving catch in the third quarter of the Pittsburgh Steelers’ 24-17 loss to the Denver Broncos.

On his weekly 93.7-FM radio segment, Roethlisberger criticized Washington for not only dropping the ball, but for his leaving his feet when he could have continued running.

“He has to make it,” Roethlisberger said. “I just think he didn’t trust his hands. For some reason, he jump/dove. I’m not really sure what he was doing. We look at it (on film), and coach got on him pretty good yesterday.

“We took a long, hard look at it. James needs to run through that, and it’s a touchdown.”

“Yes, he’s a rookie, but you’re not going to be out there if you‘re not going to make those plays for us,” Roethlisberger said.

“He needs to have confidence in himself,” Roethlisberger said. “When you have trust and confidence in yourself, you use your hands and you catch the ball. I felt like when he jumped and dove, whatever you want to call it, it showed a lack of confidence in himself and his hands.”

Says the guy who threw an embarrassing-ass INT to lose the game.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just reminiscing here...I would love to read LACHAMP46 take on this subject...anyone know where he can be found these days? In some odd way I miss his antipathy towards Goff.
giphy.gif

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just reminiscing here...I would love to read LACHAMP46 take on this subject...anyone know where he can be found these days? In some odd way I miss his antipathy towards Goff.
giphy.gif
I browse his new home randomly at TST and he's still going on about our coaching failing because Jamon and GRob are starting offensive linemen so our coaches must not be that good :D

He has walked back his anti Goff rhetoric a bit but still stands his ground and the people over there give him more shit than anybody around here ever did for it.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I did notice during the Browns game that GRob was playing pretty well.

Sometimes you just need a change of scenery.

Austin Blythe was released by the Colts and relatively quickly developed from a project to our starting RG and one of the top RGs in the league at that.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not that bright, what is TST...Theorem Support Therapy?

200w.webp
TurfShow Times, it gets linked around here a lot I thought people old catch the abbreviation sorry.

Edit would not old :)

Last edited:

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
TurfShow Times, it gets linked around here a lot I thought people old catch the abbreviation sorry.

Thanks, no problem, I should have picked up on that. I'll have to check it out.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I guess I never cared about classifications ("Elite", "Franchise This" "Franchise That", "Greatest of All Time").

At this point in time, all I care about is that Goff can execute the plays they need him to... he has the physical ability and surrounding cast to make the Rams successful... and headed into the playoffs for the second straight year.

I'll let others assign terms to him... I'll just sit back and enjoy this ride!! :cheers:

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I browse his new home randomly at TST and he's still going on about our coaching failing because Jamon and GRob are starting offensive linemen so our coaches must not be that good

GRob has had an additional year and a half of development time - with multiple teams. Sometimes it takes a long time for the light bulb to go on in a player's head. I'm glad if it finally did for him - he's always had immense physical talent, so even a bit better mental could allow him to play.

Brown's problem was not that the Rams didn't know he was starting caliber. It was that they had better players in front of him, and needed some cap savings and knew they wouldn't resign him. Sad, but that's what happens with limited roster space and cap room. Glad he's doing well, and should get a decent contract this offseason.

In any case, if those are the worst "coaching failures" of the current staff - hurrah!

Russell

UDFA
Name
Ben
Perhaps the light bulb has finally switched on for GRob due to the lack of offensive holding called this year.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Austin Blythe was released by the Colts and relatively quickly developed from a project to our starting RG and one of the top RGs in the league at that.
The problem being that GRob was a wasted #1 overall pick by the Rams, unlike Blythe for the Colts. We could have gotten Khalil Mack instead of him. I'm resentful that a guy with his physical gifts wasted our time and draft capital, to finally succeed elsewhere. Eff him.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
The problem being that GRob was a wasted #1 overall pick by the Rams, unlike Blythe for the Colts. We could have gotten Khalil Mack instead of him. I'm resentful that a guy with his physical gifts wasted our time and draft capital, to finally succeed elsewhere. Eff him.

I don't remotely disagree with you.

That said, I was surprised to even find GRob in the league let alone playing decently.

He didn't even have a false start, much to my shock and surprise...

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

IMO players get a sense of fear of loss. They don't want to lose the huge money so they start to pay attention to coaches and work hard.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Says the guy who threw an embarrassing-ass INT to lose the game.

rapeburger is at it again. now he blames brown for the int.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/arti...nio_brown_for_late_game_int/s1_12680_27891914

Ben Roethlisberger blames Antonio Brown for late-game INT
Originally posted on Sportsnaut | By Vincent Frank | Last updated 11/29/18

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger views himself as a team leader. That’s been the case for the large part of his Hall of Fame-worthy career. Big Ben also isn’t afraid to call his teammates out publicly.

Rookie wide receiver James Washington found that out first-hand following a missed touchdown opportunity in Sunday’s loss to the Denver Broncos.

Big Ben is not limiting said criticism to the rookie. Instead, he’s calling out star veteran wide receiver Antonio Brown.

With Pittsburgh down by seven late in the fourth quarter Sunday, Roethlisberger threw a horrible game-ending interception on a pass targeting Brown. The play itself was bad on so many levels.

Instead of taking responsibility himself, Roethlisberger is out here criticizing Brown for “drifting” in the end zone on the interception.

View: https://twitter.com/AKinkhabwala/status/1068226606437736449?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1068226606437736449&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fsportsnaut.com%2F2018%2F11%2Fben-roethlisberger-blames-antonio-brown-for-late-game-int%2F

Can’t Roethlisberger just take responsibility for his mistake on the throw? It’s rather obvious he was at fault.

View: https://twitter.com/BrettPats/status/1066855713673277440?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1066855713673277440&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fsportsnaut.com%2F2018%2F11%2Fben-roethlisberger-blames-antonio-brown-for-late-game-int%2F

The Roethlisberger-to-Brown connection has yet to take off this season. It was just two weeks ago that the quarterback was picked off twice in targeting Brown. He’s also struggled actually throwing accurate passes in the Pro Bowler’s direction.

View: https://twitter.com/AKinkhabwala/status/1068227096810594310?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1068227096810594310&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fsportsnaut.com%2F2018%2F11%2Fben-roethlisberger-blames-antonio-brown-for-late-game-int%2F

With five interceptions over the past two games, it’s high time that Roethlisberger takes some of the blame for Pittsburgh’s recent lackluster play. If not, it will continue to create a divide between him and his star pass catcher and could derail a season in which Pittsburgh has championship aspirations.

NoCoNite

ILoveGoffBalls
Name
ILoveGoffBalls

I’d give him back and a next years draft for Quinton Nelson.

Not really, but he is awesome

View: https://youtu.be/UW5S3BxBNGA

NoCoNite

ILoveGoffBalls
Name
ILoveGoffBalls

But it lead to our lord and survivor Aaron godald