It's fair to call Goff elite now

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ellard80

Legend
Yeah Old school is right... The Saints would have to start losing a lot more.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
So, let's say:

1. With the fairly easy schedule ahead, Goff throws a ton of TDs and catches up to Mahomes total TDs.

2. Rams win out and go 15-1.

3. Saints lose a game, finish 14-2 and #2 seed.

4. Head to Head, Rams beat out Chiefs.

Now who gets the MVP? Goff?
Brees because:

1. Everyone's game plan was, stop Gurley and let Goff have an easy day.

2. Probably something about the refs going way on Goff

3. Goff is too young for an MVP

4. I'm running out of stupid reasons and hoping you quit reading

5. McVay used a laser pointer to show good where to throw the ball so in addition to calling audibles and don't pre snap reads for him, McVay does the post snap reads too

6. You liked that last one didn't you? Extra points for Brees because I thought that was funny

7. He's old

8. Walter football says Goff isn't good and we trust him even though he's just some guys who accidentally got something right literally only once. Ever. Just saying.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
McVay used a laser pointer to show good where to throw the ball so in addition to calling audibles and don't pre snap reads for him, McVay does the post snap reads too

Haha. Gold.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Haha. Gold.

Hopefully stupidity is a finite resource and I've used mine up for the week. Coming up with those reasons was actually harder than I thought. People who crap on Goff all the time (media personalities) most be very dedicated.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Hopefully stupidity is a finite resource and I've used mine up for the week. Coming up with those reasons was actually harder than I thought. People who crap on Goff all the time (media personalities) most be very dedicated.

There is more stupidity available than there is power radiating from the Sun!

Hopefully, our Super Bowl win will eclipse some of that, at least for a spell.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I knew there was an explanation for Goff's accuracy-- the laser pointer in the helmet manipulated by McVay over the headset. What a system!!
So McVay is the NFL version of Dr Evil????

giphy.gif

bluecoconuts

Legend
Brees gets the sympathy vote for never having won one. Voters know Goff will have more chances in the future so he gets passed over.

This. Brees has the "such a nice guy who hasn't won one before" shit that'll get him MVP regardless.

I hate that Brees is a great guy mantra too, the guy stood by while his defensive coordinator put bounties on his competition to end their careers and help him get to a Super Bowl. Good guy my ass.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This. Brees has the "such a nice guy who hasn't won one before" crap that'll get him MVP regardless.

I hate that Brees is a great guy mantra too, the guy stood by while his defensive coordinator put bounties on his competition to end their careers and help him get to a Super Bowl. Good guy my ass.

i'm pretty sure the saints were the least penalised team for illegal hits the year they supposedly had bounties on other players. it may have been only one penalty all season.

TexasRam

Legend
Goff getting massive pro bowl votes. 2nd in NFC behind Brees at QB.

Beating out Wentz, Wilson, Ryan Rodgers and the rest of the former MVP caliber QB’s.

Goff top 10 in overall votes.

Look out folks, he might just slip into top 20 of the 100 best players in the NFL next year.

Goff has been ridiculous in prime time games, i’m sure that helps.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
yeah my son and i were discussing this when they were marching down the field. we thought they were making too many yards too quickly. but then we agreed it's better to score a td and be in the lead than to face 3rd downs when you need a td to win the game.

McVay won that particular cat-and-mouse game.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Love the kid. Love his poise. Loved the strike to Everett for the GW. ....

HATED the dropped INT on the last drive though. That was curtains if the DB makes the seemingly easy catch. I know that every QB has those from time to time,just hated to see it at THAT time.

Just shows that as good as he is, there is plenty of room for growth. That should scare the boogers out of the rest of the league.

Ram65

Legend
Love the kid. Love his poise. Loved the strike to Everett for the GW. ....
HATED the dropped INT on the last drive though. That was curtains if the DB makes the seemingly easy catch. I know that every QB has those from time to time,just hated to see it at THAT time.

Just shows that as good as he is, there is plenty of room for growth. That should scare the boogers out of the rest of the league.

Glad you bought the dropped INT up. It certainly hasn't been talked about here as far as Goff not seeing the coverage. This one and the bad sideline pass against the Saints on first down with score tied at 35 keep sticking in my mind. Hope he learns from this one.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Glad you bought the dropped INT up. It certainly hasn't been talked about here as far as Goff not seeing the coverage. This one and the bad sideline pass against the Saints on first down with score tied at 35 keep sticking in my mind. Hope he learns from this one.
There was a whole thread on it.