Is the Noteboom Experiment Almost Over?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
So we can disagree and laugh at one another being passive aggressive AND neither's opinion is superior. Agreed.
I’ll agree like Oldschool about Guard vs. LT. I couldn’t see Noteboom ever playing RT either.At these point he is a one step pony..I liked A. Jackson at RG next to Havenstien & thought they played well next to each other.
—Looks like Steve Avila is already penciled in at LG.

I get your disappointment,but I’m waiting once again to be disappointed???? As far as Oldschool.What a TOOL if he blocked me,just because he couldn’t LOL & take being called out & WRONG. —Appreciate you Loyal & your posting.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know that's blue font and a joke but shit like this gets thrown around way too much. I"m a Rams fan and I love all the players. I don't give up on guys and I don't just fall in love with a guy after preseason or one game.

People say they can't trust Boom, Bruss etc etc etc then say they aren't given up on them when they clearly have.

My absolute favorite is they trust McVay and what he says but that only seems to apply if what he's saying agrees with their thinking. If not it's coach speak.

It's just the same silly game over and over and over.
Saint Oldschool. Must be such a burden to endure these peasants.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
OTA's and McVay comments had the OL starters as AJackon LT, Anchrum LG, Allen C, Bruss RG, Havenstien RT. I think we'll see this opening day. McVay doesn't like starting rookies and it will give Avila some time to absorb playbook and get some snaps in late in games to get his feet wet. This may apply to Bruss too.
It’s premature for McVay to be staying who the starting linemen are at this point. Bruss didn’t even unseat Shelton last summer. How would he know if he’s improved?

Anchrum is coming off an injury.

He hasn’t seen Avila play with pads in camp yet.

If Brian Allen, Anchrum and Bruss on the field and Avila isn’t, then they really overdrafted Avila.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
He has tape showing us he has the ability to be a starter. The question with him is health. That tape btw is at LT he has shown us he cannot be a guard. He has more tape showing us he's capable of being a LT than Jackson has. Who also has had injury and health issues in his limited time on the Rams.

I don't know who the LT will be and quite frankly I don't give a damn who it is as long as they won the job in camp and the coaches back the pick.

I'm not saying anybody can or cannot express their opinions. I will however say what my opinion is even if I dare to disagree with somebody. I also will have a lot of fun laughing at people being hypocritical because of their preferred players and the narratives coming from media or coaches. You expressing your opinion and me laughing to myself and pointing out my opinion that people are extremely biased about their own opinions both are allowed. It just seems that people can't handle other peoples opinions if they don't coincide with theirs, not just here but in life generally.
Bruh, it sounds like YOU are the one who has problems with other peoples opinions. You came into this thread gunz blazing, haha....

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
8E582271-9D47-4E81-B2AD-A655046B0F3E.jpegAlaric Jackson

oldnotdead

Legend
No. A team can make a 1st or 2nd round tender offer for an UDFA after his third year.

Those would be options for the Rams on Jackson.
If they are going to do that why not simply extend him? Why get into a bidding war? Either they want him or not, extending him would be cheaper than tendering him.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Saint Oldschool. Must be such a burden to endure these peasants.
Saint of laughing? It's fun just reading these threads. We react to shit the same way over and over again, things never come to fruition the way these threads go but we still recycle the same stuff over and over. It's very entertaining, and no to the other people commenting on my post I'm not angry never am I'm just having a good time.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I much prefer AJ as the LT starter. Hopefully the coaches do too.
I am just trying to figure out if it's Alaric or A.J.? McVay commented once that he prefers Alaric to his initials. Regardless, Noteboom has talent, but his durability is always an issue. I expect Jackson to be the LT this season when the dust settles.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
If they are going to do that why not simply extend him? Why get into a bidding war? Either they want him or not, extending him would be cheaper than tendering him.
I pushed-back on two of your comments simply because they were not accurate. That's all.

You posted: 'Jackson is in a contract year.'
I simply pointed-out that he would be a Restricted free agent.

Then you posted: 'The best they can do is tender right of first refusal.'
@OldSchool and I simply replied that comment was not accurate. That's it.

Above, you take the topic of Alaric Jackson in another direction. OK, I will respond.
Should Jackson have a healthy and productive season as a starter (at any position), then I agree. Signing him to a an extension would be the right move for the Rams.
However, what if he has an average-to-good season; or struggles early but then plays better; or looks really good but misses some games due to injuries? Then What?
Rams might not want to commit to an extension under those circumstances. A one-year tender offer, backed-up with a draft choice comp pick should he sign an offer sheet the Rams do not match, might seem like a good strategy.

Last edited:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Rams might not want to commit to an extension under those circumstances. A one-year tender offer, backed-up with a draft choice comp pick should he sign an offer sheet the Rams do not match, might seem like a good strategy.
It's like a bacon & eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed.

nighttrain

Legend
Here's some serious talk. Noteboom has been a Ram for 5 seasons and I stand by everything that I said, no matter what McVay says. He isn't starting material. Since this is a Rams site, I am simply stating my opinion, no more and no less. Your view may differ.
very well said amigo! My opinion exactly, wish it wasn't, but it is what it is.
train

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"Simply extend him" is an oxymoron. There is nothing simple about it, and frankly it would be a lack of foresight to extend in lieu of offering a tender. A first round tender will pay him between 6-7 mill in 2024. If a team wants to throw huge money at him, and be willing to send the Rams a 1st round pick, then the Rams can decide the outcome. Because they still have the right to match whatever offer sheet a team signs him to.
To not utilize the RFA process is silly, particularly when it comes to a player who hasnt had a large enough sample to determine contract value.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
If next year's mock drafts don't project the Rams taking a LT with their first round pick (assuming we don't trade it!), that will be a very good sign that either Jackson or Noteboom has secured the position.

For now, I'll be hopeful that I won't need to memorize how to spell Olumuyiwa Fashanu.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
Gonna be funny to watch some of the meltdowns when the Boom era finally ends. So weird for some to have such an attachment to a historically bad LT and even worse G...

People who like to point to Noteboom's tape as evidence as he can be a starting LT always leave out the season where he was actually depended on to be a starting LT and proceeded to shit the bed...

Last edited:

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Rams left tackle Joe Noteboom tore an Achilles tendon.
A ruptured achilles tends to take four to six months to heal, however, it can take longer to get back to high-impact sports.
The 11 months needed to return to play as a professional football player seems considerably longer.

So when will he be ready? So the experiment is in full swing, since he probably won't be ready for some time.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Gonna be funny to watch some of the meltdowns when the Boom era finally ends. So weird for some to have such an attachment to a historically bad LT and even worse G...

People who like to point to Noteboom's tape as evidence as he can be a starting LT always leave out the season where he was actually depended on to be a starting LT and proceeded to shit the bed...
I'm kind of curious if I'm one with those attachment in your mind. If so you misread my comments, even in this thread I said I don't care who the LT job and I look forward to the competition. One of my two mocks I had us taking a LT prospect in the 2nd and I've stated we either draft one in the first next year or go big in free agency.

But neither have been great and both have injury questions. Mcvay will make the call in the end.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams must think that Noteboom fits in to their plans because despite the injury, they restructured his deal in March. They could have gotten out of his contract with significantly less dead money than what they are faced with now. He's easily on the team for 2 more years now
That said, I've never been impressed by him.