Is the Noteboom Experiment Almost Over?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dang

Legend
Loyal is right! We have seen this guy for a bunch of years good LT can man the position and not give up 5 sacks in 5 games plus 18 pressures those stats is what Whit gave up in 16 games. We should trade for Mekhi Becton from the Jets. He is unhappy there. He wants to play only LT he dropped 53 lbs and Lafleur knows him. It won't cost us much and most likely solves the LT position.
Loyal is right! We have seen this guy for a bunch of years good LT can man the position and not give up 5 sacks in 5 games plus 18 pressures those stats is what Whit gave up in 16 games. We should trade for Mekhi Becton from the Jets. He is unhappy there. He wants to play only LT he dropped 53 lbs and Lafleur knows him. It won't cost us much and most likely solves the LT position.
I’ve written down about 5 options for the Rams OL this year and one is:

LT - Becton
LG -AJax
OC - Avilla
RG - Bruss/Anchrum
LT - Hav

I know it won’t happen but finding a serious LT for 2024 is top of my list.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
The Rams must think that Noteboom fits in to their plans because despite the injury, they restructured his deal in March. They could have gotten out of his contract with significantly less dead money than what they are faced with now. He's easily on the team for 2 more years now
That said, I've never been impressed by him.
Pretty dumb move if you ask me. Many of us kept asking for Booby Evans (yeah I said that) to get the axe and I was critical of them restructuring Boom. Rams don't have a great track record of letting offensive lineman go when it's obvious they aren't starter material. Demby, Evans, and now Noteboom. Noteboom is the best out of all of them but that's not saying much in my book.

nighttrain

Legend
Pretty dumb move if you ask me. Many of us kept asking for Booby Evans (yeah I said that) to get the axe and I was critical of them restructuring Boom. Rams don't have a great track record of letting offensive lineman go when it's obvious they aren't starter material. Demby, Evans, and now Noteboom. Noteboom is the best out of all of them but that's not saying much in my book.
I don't think Boom is the best @ LT, except for being a good backup.
train

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I don't think Boom is the best @ LT, except for being a good backup.
train
That seems to be the only time he's been up to par, but that dude is fragile. I want someone more reliable health wise there and feel his salary could have been used better elsewhere. Regardless, he's definitely on the team past this year so hopefully he improves enough to make us doubters eat crow.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
That seems to be the only time he's been up to par, but that dude is fragile. I want someone more reliable health wise there and feel his salary could have been used better elsewhere. Regardless, he's definitely on the team past this year so hopefully he improves enough to make us doubters eat crow.

I would rather have Ty Nsekhe at backup LT than Noteboom

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Just because they overpaid Noteboom shouldn't mean they have to start him over a better LT in AJackson.

Drives me nuts when a team starts a guy that makes more money over a guy who makes less but is a better player.

WestCoastRam

Legend
FWIW, Jourdan, in the comments section of her Oline article today, answered a fan question, who would you start "today" and she said: Jackson, Avila, Shelton, Anchrum (or Bruss but she hasn't seen him actually play) and Havenstein.

I expect you should take Noteboom's injury in account but she's reported for awhile that there are people on the staff who think Jackson has a future as the LT. Interesting that she chose Shelton over Allen. She even made a veiled comment about the two in her piece...

dang

Legend
Best 5 combo will start. The $$ allocated shouldn't matter. I’m going to say AJax, Avila and Hav are all but locked into 3 spots. Let the battle begin for the other 2 spots between Note/Bruss/Anchrum/ Shelton/ Acuri/McClendon/Thomas. I wouldn’t count out picking up a roster cut from another team either.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
FWIW, Jourdan, in the comments section of her Oline article today, answered a fan question, who would you start "today" and she said: Jackson, Avila, Shelton, Anchrum (or Bruss but she hasn't seen him actually play) and Havenstein.

I expect you should take Noteboom's injury in account but she's reported for awhile that there are people on the staff who think Jackson has a future as the LT. Interesting that she chose Shelton over Allen. She even made a veiled comment about the two in her piece...

She's been saying this all offseason. I posted a pod she was on pre-draft where she speculated AJax would start at LT based off what she knows and the Boom-ers came out in full force making comments about her personal appearance and saying she was bad at her job.

I'm glad Anchrum is finally in the mix, so much good shit said about him since he was drafted but seemed like he was never in the mix for a starting job.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
She's been saying this all offseason. I posted a pod she was on pre-draft where she speculated AJax would start at LT based off what she knows and the Boom-ers came out in full force making comments about her personal appearance and saying she was bad at her job.

I'm glad Anchrum is finally in the mix, so much good shit said about him since he was drafted but seemed like he was never in the mix for a starting job.
Anyone claiming Jourdan is bad at her job, doesn’t recall how bad Rams reporting has been the last 20 years. She’s the best Rams beat writer I’ve ever followed.

There are a lot of fans that follow the money. ‘If a guy is paid, he must be good right?’

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

He started one game. Made a great block on the first play of the game. Then was carted off the field never to be seen again.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I no longer have any confidence in Boom as a starting LT. He spent all of that time behind Whitworth and filled in for brief periods when Whit was hurt. I don't know his contract details as to whether we can cut him after this season, but I would do it if it was possible. I then would draft the next starting LT in the 2024 draft, with Anchrum/Acuri starting until then. I think this is Joe's last year as a starter in LA, so he has to perform like he never has before.
Reasons why I doubt that he can do it:
1) Durability- I might be wrong, but I can't remember him playing any significant amount of time where he has not gotten injured when we needed him to man that position.

2) Limitations- I don't care what anyone says, Boom can't play Guard. He SUCKS at it. That limits him to LT and he is not solid enough to last there and gets owned by the best pass rushers in NFL.

3)Future- I see him as a back up at LT, exclusively. I will never trust him to last a full season as our starting LT again. I'm tired of relying on him to take over for Whit, like Charlie Brown hoping Lucy would just hold that ball so that he could kick it.

Prove me wrong, Boom. He had enough time behind Whit to bulk up and work on technique. Anchrum or Acuri better be ready.
I hope the Noteboom experiment is almost over, dear Lord.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
I think the word is Noteboom is headed inside to Guard, which could mean the Rams view him as a backup for this season. Maybe a player who can step in at either Guard or Tackle position if needed.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think the word is Noteboom is headed inside to Guard, which could mean the Rams view him as a backup for this season. Maybe a player who can step in at either Guard or Tackle position if needed.
Man, he absolutely sucks at guard. He sucks so hard, he's almost gravitational.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
He started one game. Made a great block on the first play of the game. Then was carted off the field never to be seen again.

Glad you brought this up, I don’t see the love for this guy. His track record puts him in the same basket as the other injured wanna be’s. Hopefully he comes back healthy but, that is yet to be seen.

nighttrain

Legend
I need more info to come to any conclusion, this year will sort it all out, if Bruss can play in the NFL, or not.

Same with Alaric Jackson, but if they can what a great two players the Rams acquired for practically nothin
train