Is the Noteboom Experiment Almost Over?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams must think that Noteboom fits in to their plans because despite the injury, they restructured his deal in March. They could have gotten out of his contract with significantly less dead money than what they are faced with now. He's easily on the team for 2 more years now
That said, I've never been impressed by him.
Aside from the few games when Whit went down the same for me. He does have some good tape just injuries and some bad tape. Then there's that guard tape nightmare.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I am just trying to figure out if it's Alaric or A.J.? McVay commented once that he prefers Alaric to his initials. Regardless, Noteboom has talent, but his durability is always an issue. I expect Jackson to be the LT this season when the dust settles.
Aleric Jackson = AJ, just AD = Aaron Donald
If next year's mock drafts don't project the Rams taking a LT with their first round pick (assuming we don't trade it!), that will be a very good sign that either Jackson or Noteboom has secured the position.

For now, I'll be hopeful that I won't need to memorize how to spell Olumuyiwa Fashanu.
If it roles that way I would be elated. He’s a greater prospect and would fit right into Rams current culture. He’s smart and learned the college game very quickly.

No worries on the name. He goes by Olu Fashanu, so it’s just Olu.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Someone once said that availability is one of the great qualities for a player to have. I agree with it.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Someone once said that availability is one of the great qualities for a player to have. I agree with it.
Which means we only have one OL not a rookie that has any great qualities and we keep hearing he's getting cut :)

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Which means we only have one OL not a rookie that has any great qualities and we keep hearing he's getting cut :)
Umm did I say that?
I made a simple statement. It goes for any player on the Rams.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Umm did I say that?
I made a simple statement. It goes for any player on the Rams.
Did anything I say sound argumentative? I was adding to your comment. I'll just stop seems I can't make a simple comment in agreement.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did anything I say sound argumentative? I was adding to your comment. I'll just stop seems I can't make a simple comment in agreement.
Forgive me, I misunderstood the meaning of your words.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Noone should believe coach speak at this time for any team. With the injuries we had, the people we drafted, and the vets that we have on he team, do you think anyone knows what the starting lineup is going to be?

I’ll go a step further. Avila, and any other rookie for that matter, has not been in a Ram practice before. That’s the first thing they’re all gonna learn—how the team practices.
THEN they can start showing what they have to offer.

Starting or not starting in OTAs means very little.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Beginning Bbc America GIF by The Watch

Adapt GIF

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I believe the saying goes.... "The best ability is availability.", and I also agree with that.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
Noone should believe coach speak at this time for any team. With the injuries we had, the people we drafted, and the vets that we have on he team, do you think anyone knows what the starting lineup is going to be?

Injuries ofcourse always change things but if Jackson is healthy, most teams aren't coy about who's starting at LT. Jackson is that guy, the only other guy who could possibly be starting at LT is hurt and also isn't good. There's no dark horse in this race, what you see is what you get.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Matthew Stafford raves about ‘nasty’ Rams teammate returning in 2023​

The Los Angeles Rams were sacked 59 times last season, third most in the NFL. Quarterback Matthew Stafford took plenty of hits as a result, and ended up on injured reserve.

Now, Stafford is back, and he’s bringing additional weapons with him.

In the trenches, the Rams are expected to receive a boost with the addition of Alaric Jackson.

Jackson was lost for the season with blood clots in November 2022. The hulking 6-foot-7 guard/tackle is now back, and impressing Stafford in OTAs.

“Yeah, I think he’s a competitive guy,” Stafford said.

“I think it comes out in his attitude, probably when you guys talk to him, but also when he plays. Typical nasty offensive lineman, and it’s fun to be around.”

“He’s definitely a competitive guy that wants to get out there and play physical.”

Jackson, a Detroit, Michigan native, went undrafted out of Iowa and signed with the Rams in May 2021.

Joe Noteboom is the projected starter at left tackle according to the Rams’ projected depth chart. Judging by last season, however, Jackson could be needed as a fill-in to protect Stafford’s blind side.

The Rams will kick off the 2023 season on the road at Seattle on September 10.

Head Coach Sean McVay commented on the absences of Cooper Kupp and Aaron Donald, assuring fans that there’s nothing to worry about. Kupp and his wife Anna are expecting their third child. According to McVay, they’ve been in constant contact with the Rams.

“They had some family stuff that they’re taking care of. This has been consistent. We knew about this for a long time,” McVay said. “These guys are engaged.”

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
I think the recent comments by Stafford about Alaric Jackson are interesting.... I know this... Jackson will be one of the starters on the O-line this year...if we get an interior group that shows it can handle it...that will mean it will come down to Jackson and Noteboom at LT, and honestly AJ may be the better option at this point.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Here's some serious talk. Noteboom has been a Ram for 5 seasons and I stand by everything that I said, no matter what McVay says. He isn't starting material. Since this is a Rams site, I am simply stating my opinion, no more and no less. Your view may differ.
Loyal is right! We have seen this guy for a bunch of years good LT can man the position and not give up 5 sacks in 5 games plus 18 pressures those stats is what Whit gave up in 16 games. We should trade for Mekhi Becton from the Jets. He is unhappy there. He wants to play only LT he dropped 53 lbs and Lafleur knows him. It won't cost us much and most likely solves the LT position.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
This thread is interesting.....and entertaining. Somebody said, when Noteboom is gone there's gonna be some serious butthurt. I would say, judging by this thread, go or stay, it seems there might be some serious butthurt either way. Who knows how it's gonna turn out? It's not like Ramsnation consensus on anything has a record of being right more than 33% of the time or better.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
This thread is interesting.....and entertaining. Somebody said, when Noteboom is gone there's gonna be some serious butthurt. I would say, judging by this thread, go or stay, it seems there might be some serious butthurt either way. Who knows how it's gonna turn out? It's not like Ramsnation consensus on anything has a record of being right more than 33% of the time or better.
My consensus says you might be better than Rams Nations record.

As far as Joesph Noteboom goes though.We should have an idea about him early on with what there thinking?
The Rams trust him more than Ram Nation ever has a gave him & Brian Allen big-time contracts.
That chick Rodriquez or what ever her name is says Brian Allen will be cut & that was before the draft.
I don’t see that happening & Noteboom could be?Still don’t see that happening,but there is going to be some serious competition & cuts that I know I don’t (won’t) see coming.
Steve Avila is going to be the real deal imo though.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why would it be over, did he get hurt at OTAs? Those walkthroughs without pads can be pretty rough.
I said in the OP that this is his last chance this year to prove he is starter. IF Big Whit can last almost a full year at the age he was in 2021, Boom better last more than 10 games this year. IMO.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Loyal is right! We have seen this guy for a bunch of years good LT can man the position and not give up 5 sacks in 5 games plus 18 pressures those stats is what Whit gave up in 16 games. We should trade for Mekhi Becton from the Jets. He is unhappy there. He wants to play only LT he dropped 53 lbs and Lafleur knows him. It won't cost us much and most likely solves the LT position.
That guy trucked our D last time we played the Jets. We couldn’t stop the RB behind him and lost.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Aleric Jackson = AJ, just AD = Aaron Donald

If it roles that way I would be elated. He’s a greater prospect and would fit right into Rams current culture. He’s smart and learned the college game very quickly.

No worries on the name. He goes by Olu Fashanu, so it’s just Olu.

Pretty SAD when your talking 2024 Draft.There’s another site on this board for that.

-LMAO