Is the Noteboom Experiment Almost Over?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I no longer have any confidence in Boom as a starting LT. He spent all of that time behind Whitworth and filled in for brief periods when Whit was hurt. I don't know his contract details as to whether we can cut him after this season, but I would do it if it was possible. I then would draft the next starting LT in the 2024 draft, with Anchrum/Acuri starting until then. I think this is Joe's last year as a starter in LA, so he has to perform like he never has before.
Reasons why I doubt that he can do it:
1) Durability- I might be wrong, but I can't remember him playing any significant amount of time where he has not gotten injured when we needed him to man that position.

2) Limitations- I don't care what anyone says, Boom can't play Guard. He SUCKS at it. That limits him to LT and he is not solid enough to last there and gets owned by the best pass rushers in NFL.

3)Future- I see him as a back up at LT, exclusively. I will never trust him to last a full season as our starting LT again. I'm tired of relying on him to take over for Whit, like Charlie Brown hoping Lucy would just hold that ball so that he could kick it.

Prove me wrong, Boom. He had enough time behind Whit to bulk up and work on technique. Anchrum or Acuri better be ready.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Jackson was steal and will be our starting LT for several seasons.
train
Let it be! I still hope we draft a stud LT in the 1st round next year. You can never have enough good Olinemen.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Jackson was steal and will be our starting LT for several seasons.
train

I mean the reality is so boring but they seem to like Jackson, if he performs super well in OTA's and camp while Noteboom is still being brought along slowly from injury (Jourdan confirmed Jackson starting at LT right now in OTAs) than it's his job and he'll have a year to show he's capable of being a long term starter. If he's sorta meh, Noteboom will have the job this year and if he remains healthy, probably has the job next year too.

If Jackson falters and Noteboom gets injured again, then we'll prob look to draft or sign one for 2024.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I wanted to love Joey Booms, but I do not trust him either. @Loyal summed up my concerns with him perfectly. Would love to see AJ stick and stay at that position, but we shall see.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Avila is the center of the future according to some. If the Rams end up drafting an OLT early then they could move AJ to left guard, or ORT when Rob retires.

Yeah, there's a scenario where Jackson could even start for us at LT this year but there's a better one for us in the draft and we move him to guard or tackle. One thing Jourdan mentioned was how the Rams took not that once Jackson started at guard last season before being injured they saw the benefit of having that kinda size inside and she alluded to a throughline between that and drafting Avila.

At the end of the day, neither Jackson not Noteboom are all-pros so if you have a shot at upgrading there you probably take it.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
OTA's and McVay comments had the OL starters as AJackon LT, Anchrum LG, Allen C, Bruss RG, Havenstien RT. I think we'll see this opening day. McVay doesn't like starting rookies and it will give Avila some time to absorb playbook and get some snaps in late in games to get his feet wet. This may apply to Bruss too.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
OTA's and McVay comments had the OL starters as AJackon LT, Anchrum LG, Allen C, Bruss RG, Havenstien RT. I think we'll see this opening day. McVay doesn't like starting rookies and it will give Avila some time to absorb playbook and get some snaps in late in games to get his feet wet. This may apply to Bruss too.

By the opener I think it would be a bizarre development to not have Avila starting. We need the physicality.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I no longer have any confidence in Boom as a starting LT. He spent all of that time behind Whitworth and filled in for brief periods when Whit was hurt. I don't know his contract details as to whether we can cut him after this season, but I would do it if it was possible. I then would draft the next starting LT in the 2024 draft, with Anchrum/Acuri starting until then. I think this is Joe's last year as a starter in LA, so he has to perform like he never has before.
Reasons why I doubt that he can do it:
1) Durability- I might be wrong, but I can't remember him playing any significant amount of time where he has not gotten injured when we needed him to man that position.

2) Limitations- I don't care what anyone says, Boom can't play Guard. He SUCKS at it. That limits him to LT and he is not solid enough to last there and gets owned by the best pass rushers in NFL.

3)Future- I see him as a back up at LT, exclusively. I will never trust him to last a full season as our starting LT again. I'm tired of relying on him to take over for Whit, like Charlie Brown hoping Lucy would just hold that ball so that he could kick it.

Prove me wrong, Boom. He had enough time behind Whit to bulk up and work on technique. Anchrum or Acuri better be ready.
Talk about FAKE NEWS !

I guess we’ll have to wait & see.
A.Jackson is there now so there’s that & Arcuri played there against the hags to end the season.Anchrum has been Strickly on the Right Side of the ball.
IMO there will be a couple surprises,but as far as Noteboom goes? There is risk involved more health wise.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Two reasons I think your statement (re: Avila not being a starter) will be proven wrong Bubba:

1. Avila is a stone wall in pass pro which has always been the issue for rooks in this offense. McVay prioritizes pass pro.

2. We have a new OL coach. I am sure he was instrumental in their board rankings on the OL options and identifying one who can come in and lock down that LG role.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Talk about FAKE NEWS !

I guess we’ll have to wait & see.
A.Jackson is there now so there’s that & Arcuri played there against the hags to end the season.Anchrum has been Strickly on the Right Side of the ball.
IMO there will be a couple surprises,but as far as Noteboom goes? There is risk involved more health wise.
Believe whatever you want. Noteboom BLOWS.

WestCoastRam

Legend

I'm not sure where McVay doesn't like starting rookies comes from.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yeah, there's a scenario where Jackson could even start for us at LT this year but there's a better one for us in the draft and we move him to guard or tackle. One thing Jourdan mentioned was how the Rams took not that once Jackson started at guard last season before being injured they saw the benefit of having that kinda size inside and she alluded to a throughline between that and drafting Avila.

At the end of the day, neither Jackson not Noteboom are all-pros so if you have a shot at upgrading there you probably take it.
I’d like to see Jackson at OLT for a season so they know what they have.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Noone should believe coach speak at this time for any team. With the injuries we had, the people we drafted, and the vets that we have on he team, do you think anyone knows what the starting lineup is going to be?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
giphy.gif