Is Mannion the best QB on the roster right now?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Show me one post of mine where I said Goff is the man after one game and mannion sucks because he is doing it against scrubs
It's cool I'll wait

What you might find though is me saying I was a wentz guy ...but Goff is and will be our starter this year ... I have no real opinion on mannion he is what he is a... backup

I have no problems with mannion if he has to start in case of injury .... what I do have a problem with is Rams fans tearing down our essentially rookie QB ...who has played 7 games!!!! ... there's enough people out there calling him a bust be it the media / other fans / talking heads Why do we have to do it to ? Because he wasn't your guy ? Because you think mannion is better ? Because you don't like the way he looks on the sideline or in the huddle (not specifically aimed at you)

I said in another thread those fans that don't like Goff (but pretend to support him ) are in a win win situation he does well ... they support a playoff team for the first time in what feels like 50 years

If he does bust they can do the I told you so dance ..... and don't think they won't because I saw plenty of that when warner was tearing it up in AZ

So you act like you don't see those post lol. Goff went 4/5 and "Great" was the word he was using and I just posted plenty proof of people calling Mannion a scrub cause he played against "scrubs"

Then you say I called Goff a bust lmao show me where I have ever said that Goff was a bust it's cool I'll wait.

He's not a rookie qb no matter how people try to spin it. He has more NFL game experience then Mannion so is Mannion a rookie, I think I'll start calling Mannion a rookie to then since anyone can become a Rookie.

You just all over the place right now because the fans you're describing definitely isn't me. I don't support Goff because he's not "my guy" I support Goff because he's on this team that's why out of respect for the team I refrain from criticizing Goff during the regular season. I don't like Goff I do think Mannion is better but I have never called Goff a bust EVER.

I have been supporting a losing franchise my entire life. Winning doesn't make me a fan.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Season starts in 10 days....we may have an answer to this real soon...

Long ways away from Warner and Bulger....sure know that.
yeah and if he doesn't throw for 450 yards and three TDs no ints and 145 passer rating ill hate to see this board on the monday

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So you act like you don't see those post lol. Goff went 4/5 and "Great" was the word he was using and I just posted plenty proof of people calling Mannion a scrub cause he played against "scrubs"

again i said find me a post where i said I called mannion a scrub ..he is what he is a backup

He's not a rookie qb no matter how people try to spin it. He has more NFL game experience then Mannion so is Mannion a rookie, I think I'll start calling Mannion a rookie to then since anyone can become a Rookie.

oh come on man really you wanna go down that route ? fine ... Goff has had 7 games an off season where Case took starter snaps and thorwn in a dumpster fire that was a Jeff fisher offense (after never taking a snap under center never calling a call in a huddle ) and yet Mannion still cant get on the field in front of him after having a years expeoreince n Goff to ...

You just all over the place right now because the fans you're describing definitely isn't me. I don't support Goff because he's not "my guy" I support Goff because he's on this team that's why out of respect for the team I refrain from criticizing Goff during the regular season. I don't like Goff I do think Mannion is better but I have never called Goff a bust EVER.

and there we have it .... you dont like Goff ,, glad you admitted it ... nope you may not have called him a bust ,,,yet ...but you're itching to

I have been supporting a losing franchise my entire life. Winning doesn't make me a fan

Dude i didnt even get the superbowl year ive been following the rams since 2001-ish i know all about loosing seasons

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
you mean like the raiders game ????????????
ahhhhhh.....

2 of the worst defenses in the league...rather passing defenses...are Dallas & the Raiders....so YEAH...treat everyone like the Raiders.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ahhhhhh.....

2 of the worst defenses in the league...rather passing defenses...are Dallas & the Raiders....so YEAH...treat everyone like the Raiders.
oh so you meant no turnovers against a GOOD Defense .....so the criteria you set can change at a given notice to fit your agenda ... got it ,, thems the rules

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
again i said find me a post where i said I called mannion a scrub ..he is what he is a backup

oh come on man really you wanna go down that route ? fine ... Goff has had 7 games an off season where Case took starter snaps and thorwn in a dumpster fire that was a Jeff fisher offense (after never taking a snap under center never calling a call in a huddle ) and yet Mannion still cant get on the field in front of him after having a years expeoreince n Goff to ...

and there we have it .... you dont like Goff ,, glad you admitted it ... nope you may not have called him a bust ,,,yet ...but you're itching to

Dude i didnt even get the superbowl year ive been following the rams since 2001-ish i know all about loosing seasons

lol I been said I don't Like Goff that's not new maybe to you, and saying I'm itching to call a guy a bust if I wanted to or was itching too I would have said it.

Look you just made all these excuses about Goff being thrown in a fisher offense but then turn around and say Mannion couldn't get in front. Lol Mannion rookie year he didn't even Practice with the team he was the squad team qb. He didn't get any real reps in practice. Mannion has only been in the league a year longer then Goff that's not exactly years lol.

That started last year when he outplayed and outperform Goff. Then the media blitz happened and someone from upper management put the clamps down and told Fisher to name Goff the 2nd string qb and then to start him. Saying Mannion has more experience because he has been in the NFL longer is saying that Goff is basically a rookie lol.

So you became a fan when they was winning huh. From the moment they moved to St. Louis I was there at every game with my father watching terrible qb after qb watching Bruce put on dazzling displays of brilliance all for them to go 3/13 4/12. I'm not calling out your fandom for this team because it's dumb so don't call out mines by saying I'm a bandwagon fan or anyone on this board

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With the 189th post, Let me say again for the third time.....NO

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Look you just made all these excuses about Goff being thrown in a fisher offense but then turn around and say Mannion couldn't get in front. Lol Mannion rookie year he didn't even Practice with the team he was the squad team qb. He didn't get any real reps in practice. Mannion has only been in the league a year longer then Goff that's not exactly years lol.

so whats that tell you about mannion ?

So you became a fan when they was winning huh. From the moment they moved to St. Louis I was there at every game with my father watching terrible qb after qb watching Bruce put on dazzling displays of brilliance all for them to go 3/13 4/12. I'm not calling out your fandom for this team because it's dumb so don't call out mines by saying I'm a bandwagon fan or anyone on this boa

when did i call you a band wagon fan ????

I became a fan in 2002 i watched that panthers game at silly o clock in the morning when martz bottled it by going for the figgie ....and here i am .... 15 years later .....i went through the spags years ... i went through the linehan years the fisher years the Vitt interim the sulieman SP? throat slasher years ... ive sat up till 4 am sunday morning wating to see who the rams drafted in round six ... i was an original rams board member ,,i was on the other site this place spawned from ive been to every game they played over here ...so while you said you aren't calling me out for my fandom (and that you became you a fan when we were winning phrase tells me different ) .... please tell me again how i became a fan through the winning years

RamsCardsJazz

Starter
With the 189th post, Let me say again for the third time.....NO
And for post 191, I say YES. Guess what neither of us are currently wrong because NO ONE knows what both quarterbacks really are. In my OPINION Mannion is better and in your OPINION he is not.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And for post 191, I say YES. Guess what neither of us are currently wrong because NO ONE knows what both quarterbacks really are. In my OPINION Mannion is better and in your OPINION he is not.
but...but..but..my opinion matters more.
~Both Sides

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When both sides have argued every point over..and over...and over...It's a...
YkKkLYr.png

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
so whats that tell you about mannion ?

when did i call you a band wagon fan ????

I became a fan in 2002 i watched that panthers game at silly o clock in the morning when martz bottled it by going for the figgie ....and here i am .... 15 years later .....i went through the spags years ... i went through the linehan years the fisher years the Vitt interim the sulieman SP? throat slasher years ... ive sat up till 4 am sunday morning wating to see who the rams drafted in round six ... i was an original rams board member ,,i was on the other site this place spawned from ive been to every game they played over here ...so while you said you aren't calling me out for my fandom (and that you became you a fan when we were winning phrase tells me different ) .... please tell me again how i became a fan through the winning years

That doesn't tell me anything about Mannion, that speaks on Fisher unwillingness to play rookies. That's all. His rookie year he wasn't ready to play but year 2 it was clear he should have been the obvious choice over Goff. I get it though you have to see what you have in your number 1 draft pick. That's what McVay is going to do now.

As far as fandom goes wasn't you the one who said people are going to start supporting Goff when the team start winning to me that's being a band wagon fan. And in your case I'm just pointing out that in 2001/2002 the team was still riding high off the GSOT. That's when you said you became a fan right after watching all the highlights all the media coverage then you watched that Game against the Panthers. It don't matter to me when you became a fan you brought it up, you basically equated me to not like long Goff now to when he does start performing well to all of a sudden supporting the team. Goff isn't the team he is a player on the team.

What does Goff do, tell me what do you see from Goff. Why does Goff inspire so much loyalty? What sets Goff apart?

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
His rookie year he wasn't ready to play but year 2 it was clear he should have been the obvious choice over Goff.

Why was it clear ...if mannion was as good as you think he was why did fisher and Co go out and draft Goff ... why didn't they think .. man this mannion kid can play he is the starter next year ...??

As far as fandom goes wasn't you the one who said people are going to start supporting Goff when the team start winning to me that's being a band wagon fan

I suggest you go back and read what I actually said

That's when you said you became a fan right after watching all the highlights all the media coverage then you watched that Game against the Panthers. It don't matter to me when you became a fan

I actually had no highlights or coverage to watch I knew nothing about football ... my elder brother was the fan ... I just happen to watch with him ... and the little dude wearing 28 mesmerised me along with those cool af helmets I was a fan from that point on

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why was it clear ...if mannion was as good as you think he was why did fisher and Co go out and draft Goff ... why didn't they think .. man this mannion kid can play he is the starter next year ...??

I suggest you go back and read what I actually said

I actually had no highlights or coverage to watch I knew nothing about football ... my elder brother was the fan ... I just happen to watch with him ... and the little dude wearing 28 mesmerised me along with those cool af helmets I was a fan from that point on

I'm just going to leave it strictly about our QBs,
My belief is that Fisher and some others didn't want to draft a qb if you look at the make up of the team it was clear that a qb wasn't going to change much especially the ones coming out that year. It's my belief that a qb was drafted because it was their first time back in LA. It was a splash move to drum up interest and to keep the fan base buzzing.

Kroenke is calculating and very good at what he does he understands the importance of image in LA he knows he has to have a winning team but if you don't have a winning team have a number 1 pick at QB that can give you a couple years of leeway.

Can Goff get better yes he can, I didn't like the pick because I felt like it was forced, this team and the management of the team didn't need a QB that was not pro ready they didn't need a project at qb and they paid a price for it. It would be completely different if Goff fell to them but they moved up and made that pick.

Now they have to do what they can to save face and at the very least say hey we brought in McVay to turn it around unfortunately it didn't happen.

To me Mannion was the better choice for that year as in last year but since they brought in McVay I have said I'm willing to see what Goff can do. But when I watch Mannion play this year he still looks so much better than Goff.

He is better under pressure his deep ball is better he makes better reads and he throws the ball downfield l. I feel like the coaches trust him to make better decisions and the team responds to him. WRs on this team like playing with him because he give them a chance to catch the ball. Last year it was Spruce this year its Cooper and Reynolds.

To me Mannion is a qb that makes things happen. He went 90 yards in 4 plays when was the last time that happened

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm just going to leave it strictly about our QBs,
My belief is that Fisher and some others didn't want to draft a qb if you look at the make up of the team it was clear that a qb wasn't going to change much especially the ones coming out that year. It's my belief that a qb was drafted because it was their first time back in LA. It was a splash move to drum up interest and to keep the fan base buzzing.

Kroenke is calculating and very good at what he does he understands the importance of image in LA he knows he has to have a winning team but if you don't have a winning team have a number 1 pick at QB that can give you a couple years of leeway.

Can Goff get better yes he can, I didn't like the pick because I felt like it was forced, this team and the management of the team didn't need a QB that was not pro ready they didn't need a project at qb and they paid a price for it. It would be completely different if Goff fell to them but they moved up and made that pick.

Now they have to do what they can to save face and at the very least say hey we brought in McVay to turn it around unfortunately it didn't happen.

To me Mannion was the better choice for that year as in last year but since they brought in McVay I have said I'm willing to see what Goff can do. But when I watch Mannion play this year he still looks so much better than Goff.

He is better under pressure his deep ball is better he makes better reads and he throws the ball downfield l. I feel like the coaches trust him to make better decisions and the team responds to him. WRs on this team like playing with him because he give them a chance to catch the ball. Last year it was Spruce this year its Cooper and Reynolds.

To me Mannion is a qb that makes things happen. He went 90 yards in 4 plays when was the last time that happened

I'm on my phone I'm not gonna multi quote but

You don't like Goff because (1) we traded up and picked him number 1 (2) kronke made the football guys pick him is what I got from that

You're right kronke is a shrewd and intelligent buissness man .... but he also knows he needs to win in LA .. Mcvay has no draft status loyalty to Goff. Mcvay needs to win to get this he is too young / goffs buddy off his back ... I'm 99.99% sure that if mannion was the best QB on this team that gave us the best chance to win .... 14 would be starting not 16

I'm not saying mannion isn't a decent back up so don't get me wrong ... but he isn't a starting QB

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Sean McVay is the best QB on the Rams right now....