Is it time to hold Wade accountable?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
IMO, our linebackers overall are substandard. Yeah, Ebukam had a good game against the Chefs and Littleton had some good games but the linebackers are just not getting it done. That's why get get gashed in the run game because they are missing their gaps or getting blown up as the runner goes by them.

I think some major adjustment needs to be made such as lining up another D tackle to avoid getting pushed around on the edge.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
I stand by my statement in my post, Ramlock.

Current or former Pro Bowlers include the following:

AD
Suh
Barron
Littleton (this year)
Talib
Peters

I think Joyner was a former alternate and some think JJ should now be one. Brockers used to be highly regarded, too.

One can nitpick about their current status, but to deny their former status? C’mon, man.

The larger question should be “why did so many formerly elite type players pick THIS year to underperform?”

Lots of folks stand by false or exaggerated statements until it is pointed out that circumstances of the players status when the Rams acquired them.

Suh, Peters and Talib were not in high demand, with lots of baggage, so to portray them as former Pro Bowlers with no accounting for what made them available for the Rams to add them, is disingenuous.

Last edited:

LA_vision

Hall of Fame
My biggest problem is how awful the tackling, and that's usually comes down to coaching.

…..

Legend
What is a typical week in the NFL?

Monday- Film review, positional meetings, player treatment,Training Room Open
Tuesday- Players day Off- Training Room Open and additional treatment available
Wednesday- Positional Meetings, Limited contact Practice, Game plan Install
Thursday- Team Meeting, Positional drills, Team Red Zone practice
Friday- Positional meetings, Special teams practice, Red Zone and Game plan review
Saturday- Special teams Meetings, Positional meetings, Game plan finalization and final Team Walkthrough
Sunday- Game day activities

Not alot of actual practice, about 2hrs per day on the field, a ton of meetings, treatment, and voluntary Training room activity

So....I think we have a problem practicing.

Its not coaching, Its lack of practice.

And thats a result of the collective bargaining agreement.

The one true thing that does not change is eating:

Everyday-
6am- Cafeteria open
2pm- Lunch
5-7pm- Dinner

The obvious response to this is that each team must follow the limited contact rules as per the agreement. So everyone has the same restraints.

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
All year long I've been hearing how this defense is "going to turn the corner when this happens.......or if that occurs........just wait, you'll see...."

Well now here we are on the verge of the playoffs and these delusions of hopefulness have yet to materialize.

Even if a miraculous playoff run develops, I'd expect McVay to initiate wholesale changes on the defensive coaching staff and players.

McVay is not one of those "my guys are good enough so you can just shut up as they are not going anywhere" coaches, like Mr 7 and 9 BS.

Instead, thankfully, he is from the ""you'll get the job done at the highest level, or you'll get lost" coaching tree.