Is Goff, Elite?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

…..

Legend
What a stupid stat. Shocked that isn't Florio.
Yeah but the takeaway is that Aaron Rodgers tops the list, and I’m sure even Ramsince62 would have a tough time arguing against Rodgers being elite.

I think our young QB has done many elite things and made elite throws. He’ll need more time, more wins, more elite efforts. But he has definitely shown -at times- that he can be that word that bothers so many.

Name
Manny
To me he looks like either he is playing hurt or his footwork is off...missing lots of throws

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think 49er UDFA Nick Mullens is better than Goff.
tenor.gif

Kevin

Pro Bowler
Goff just turned 24 years old in October. Ask this questions again in about three years.

RamWoodie

Legend
To me there are questions to ask...and then there's growth to be experienced for Goff.
The questions would be:
1.How much is he relying on McVay's play calls.

2. What latitude does he have to adjust or audible out of a play.

Those two questions could tell us a lot.

This I do know:
*Sometimes Goff has trouble seeing blitzes...and only experience is going to help him with that.

*He's had good success up to the last 3 games but now he's having some struggles and may be lacking confidence. This is seen in his throws because he doesn't have the sharpness we were seeing.

This is why when the "It's fair to call Goff elite" thread surfaced, I said I needed to see more. Adversity will equally tell you things about a QB.

Let's not be "knee jerk" about Goff please. This is only year 3...and really only year 2 because we know he didn't gain a lot under Fisher.

This 3 game stretch is telling us one thing...THERE'S MUCH MORE GOFF HAS TO LEARN....how about we just let that happen?

We know he's good but we gotta let him grow up folks!!!

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Nfl qb is the hardest position to grade in sports, so much of it depends on what is around the QB.

An "elite" nba player makes an impact right away, yes he needs support but he is able to make a huge difference by himself . Same goes for baseball, and hockey

Personally I would like to see jared play at least 5 seasons before we determine if he is " elite " or not . His O line has regressed this season , and teams are taking away the deep ball. How he reacts and changes his game will show how " elite " he can be .

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
I don't think anyone can get the label of elite until they prove they can win it all, and at any moment win it for his team.

Goff has had moments where he showed promise as a young QB but for people to continue to call him elite is just ignorant IMHO. Too short of a track record. He's had a couple good games. He's made a couple great throws. But until he can consistently overcome adversity and prove he can and deserves to win it all, elite is a label that only the best deserve.

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
If Goff has suddenly lost it judging by the last 3 games, then being fair requires that you judge McVay using the same standard and say the he has lot his ability to coach...I don't think that's the case..Meaning that I'm disappointed in both Goff and McVay over the last 3...I don't think either of them have lost their mojo permanently...

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Its sad as fans that Goff had an amazing run last season and first 11 games this year and he has a couple of bad games and now some of us are questioning his abiltiabies.
He's literally shown us outstanding for the last 20 games.
The NFL truly is a what have you done for me lately league

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's not even close to elite. At this point it seems as though teams have a gameplan to defend this offense, but at the same time, Goff is inexplicably missing throws.

Sullivan hitting a wall hasn't helped Goff, but we have to get this offense rolling again.

Status
Not open for further replies.