I will be glad when training camp get started.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Without any legitimate team news this board this board has become really lame and uninteresting.

Hadl of Chargers Goes To Rams for 2 Players​

LOS ANGELES, (AP) —The Los Angeles Rams, who suffered through a mediocre season with a sore‐armed Roman Gabriel at quarterback, today acquired John Hadl from the San Diego Chargers for Coy Bacon, a defensive end, and Bob Thomas, running back.
Hadl was available after the Chargers acquired John Unitas from the Baltimore Colts last Monday. He joins a Ram team that slipped after Gabriel suffered a collapsed lung and then had tendinitis in his right elbow.
Hadl, who'll be 33 years old this week, is an 11‐year pro who had been the Chargers' starting quarterback since 1964. He has passed for 26,938 yards, sixth highest in National Football League history, and has 201 touchdown passes.
Bacon, 29, was acquired from the, Dallas Cowboy taxi squad by the Rams in 1968 and was a Pro Bowl performer the last two years.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

Hadl of Chargers Goes To Rams for 2 Players​

When Coy Bacon (one of my favorite Rams) was traded for Hadl; and we had Roman Gabriel, I was confused.

When Gabriel (my favorite Ram) was traded-away a few months later, I was devastated. I was 12 years old.

Rams went from 6-7-1; and a three-year playoff-drought, to 12-2, and Hadl was the MVP.

Did I mention that I was a really stupid kid?

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
When Coy Bacon (one of my favorite Rams) was traded for Hadl; and we had Roman Gabriel, I was confused.

When Gabriel (my favorite Ram) was traded-away a few months later, I was devastated. I was 12 years old.

Rams went from 6-7-1; and a three-year playoff-drought, to 12-2, and Hadl was the MVP.

Did I mention that I was a really stupid kid?
Funny how similar we are, I was 7 in September of 73 and was devastated after they traded Roman Gabriel. just the names, Roman Gabriel to John Hadl, blah!

Also Gabriel looked like a God and Hadl looked like your next door neighbor mowing the lawn. I remember watching a preseason game that was televised Rams vs Dolphins in Miami and Hadl did not look so good and neither did the Rams. They would show the new young Head Coach in Chuck Knox and my Dad said to me, it might be a long year Den.

Actually James Harris came off the bench in the pre season game and led the Rams to their two TD's. Preseason was different back then because starters played to get back in shape, but Hadl and the Rams did not look that good and I guess at 6 and then 7 in September I was also not that smart.

1720885687471.png
1720885737876.png

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Hadl didn't even wear the right number ... 21! Quarterbacks didn't wear #21. They wore #'s in the teens!!!

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
And, he had a Goofy Face-mask! ... What is that thing! Thanks for the reminder.

1720888372744.png

Now that I think of it, Bob Griese had a similar face-mask ...
1720888487621.png

Still Goofy!!!

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
And, he had a Goofy Face-mask! ... What is that thing! Thanks for the reminder.

View attachment 66127
Yeah, Gabriel talked about why he wore just he single face mask, it was because he was able to see downfield better then the conventual. Hadl went with the double, but smaller design, many QB's had this design back then.
1720888979766.png

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Hadl went with the double, but smaller design, many QB's had that back then.

The one in your picture was very common but the facemask worn by Hadl and Griese was different.

I'm sure there were more but don't remember a lot. Think Bradshaw early in his career wore one.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And yet...where will you go for real news about the Rams.

Granted, threads get hijacked, info is scarce, and there is a lot of boredom but when the rubber hits the road, the info will be here like nowhere else.
real info lover!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Funny how similar we are, I was 7 in September of 73 and was devastated after they traded Roman Gabriel. just the names, Roman Gabriel to John Hadl, blah!

Also Gabriel looked like a God and Hadl looked like your next door neighbor mowing the lawn. I remember watching a preseason game that was televised Rams vs Dolphins in Miami and Hadl did not look so good and neither did the Rams. They would show the new young Head Coach in Chuck Knox and my Dad said to me, it might be a long year Den.

Actually James Harris came off the bench in the pre season game and led the Rams to their two TD's. Preseason was different back then because starters played to get back in shape, but Hadl and the Rams did not look that good and I guess at 6 and then 7 in September I was also not that smart.

View attachment 66123 View attachment 66124
You just a bald guy hater! ~ John H

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The one in your picture was very common but the facemask worn by Hadl and Griese was different.

I'm sure there were more but don't remember a lot. Think Bradshaw early in his career wore one.
Jaworski too.
1720891551455.png

no offense Den, but I always thought you were older than me

I was 7 in Oct of 72
9/12/1966

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
You just a bald guy hater! ~ John H
Funny I was always fearful of losing my hair because my grandfather (mother’s side) was bald and some of my great uncles to, but I kept mine & my son his too, however my Uncle is bald & both of his sons.

So maybe psychologically speaking you are right.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Don
I couldn't wait for Rams TC reports from 'The Rev' and 'Coach O' when they were in St. Louis. Now that they are here and I am close enough to attend, I feel like it's payback to those folks in St Lou to give camp reports. Maybe it will encourage some of them to be Rams fans again.
Obviously you Vet, So, and all others do a great job. I must say though that those Coach O breakdowns were really something else.