I was caught off guard at work today.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Relwolf91

Starter
Name
Sean
I work near the Rams practice facility in Ventura County. Towards the end of my shift today, a middle aged man came in and he was wearing a Rams hat. I told him that I liked his hat and then we began talking about the Rams. I told him how excited I was about the new coaching changes because I was tired of Jeff Fisher. He doesn't really say much about what I just told him but he kind of looked at me a little weird.

I then asked him what he thinks of McVay.

He responds with "I love him."

We continue to talk a bit and I have no idea how big a fan this guy is or how closely he follows the Rams so I say" I don't know if you follow the draft too much but it begins next week. I hope the Rams take Engram in the second round because he's similar to Jordan Reed and McVay really liked him when he was with the redskins.

The man responds with "wow, you really know your stuff."

I then respond with "yeah, I am a huge Rams fan. I then say " I don't know if you know who Tyler Higbee is but he came into my work a few months ago, it's awesome living in this area because you can run into some players and meet them."

He smirks and pulls out his hand to shake my hand and says" I am Joe Barry, assistant head coach and linebackers coach." He then turns around and leaves and I am just standing there like how the hell did I not put the face to the name? I felt so stupid afterwards with some of the comments I made when asking if he knew who Engram, or Higbee was.

Looking back at the conversation after finding out I was actually talking to Joe Barry and not some random casual fan. I thought it was cool that he said " I love him" in regards to what he thinks of the new coach.

RAMBUSH

Starter
Really cool. I keep getting more exited each day about our coaching staff. That's from the rod guys , they serve me kool-aid I drink it. Lol.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Nice write up, RelWolf91. I think it's pretty special that the Rams Assistant Head Coach says "you really know your stuff."
Heh! mebbe he'll offer you job or something next time.

Ya never know........

~ArkyRamsFan~

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Damn it, Relwolf, you missed your chance to convince him to draft T.J. Watt. ;)

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"I work near the Rams practice facility in Ventura County"

Massage parlour?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Good call. Lol - reading the article I thought it was going to be Joe Barry. I'm an old NBA find & think of Joe Barry Carroll . Trade from Boston to Warriors for Parksh & a first rd pick that was McKall.

I guess because he worked for Pete at USC.

Joe Barry is going to be a heck of a coach for The Rams. He maybe a D' Coordinator soon. I see upside in his career.

BTW - got to love the Tavon photo your representing.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
That's awesome!! Must be nice being so close to Ram HQ.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Cool story @Relwolf91 ... thanks for sharing!

Now, your next move should be getting yourself better familiarized with the faces of our new staff. Time to study man... don't miss your next opportunity like that! LOL

I had something similar happen to me the weekend before last here in Orlando. My family and I were out eating at a place called Rocco's Tacos. I was seated at our table, when out of the corner of my left eye, I just happen to notice the guy walking towards me is Frank Vogel (HC of the Magic). I didn't want to bug him, but he was walking right behind me... so I just turn my head and say "Hey Coach" and kinda give him a smile. I just expected him to keep walking so I just turned my attention back to my family at the table. That's when I feel Frank grabbing my right shoulder and say "Hey, how's it going" and he has a huge smile on his face. He's got his other hand out for me to shake,,, so I jump up and shake his hand. He was extremely nice... but I really think I made his night by recognizing him.

Soooooo.... the next time any of our coaching staff comes by your place.... I'm expecting you to call him by name!!! Or at least "Coach"! :LOL:

Report back soon Brudda.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder

I met Chuck Knox at the Anaheim Marriott when i was a room service attendant and tried to convince him to draft Tracy Rocker.....

My days as a draft guru ended there

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I work near the Rams practice facility in Ventura County. Towards the end of my shift today, a middle aged man came in and he was wearing a Rams hat. I told him that I liked his hat and then we began talking about the Rams. I told him how excited I was about the new coaching changes because I was tired of Jeff Fisher. He doesn't really say much about what I just told him but he kind of looked at me a little weird.

I then asked him what he thinks of McVay.

He responds with "I love him."

We continue to talk a bit and I have no idea how big a fan this guy is or how closely he follows the Rams so I say" I don't know if you follow the draft too much but it begins next week. I hope the Rams take Engram in the second round because he's similar to Jordan Reed and McVay really liked him when he was with the redskins.

The man responds with "wow, you really know your stuff."

I then respond with "yeah, I am a huge Rams fan. I then say " I don't know if you know who Tyler Higbee is but he came into my work a few months ago, it's awesome living in this area because you can run into some players and meet them."

He smirks and pulls out his hand to shake my hand and says" I am Joe Barry, assistant head coach and linebackers coach." He then turns around and leaves and I am just standing there like how the hell did I not put the face to the name? I felt so stupid afterwards with some of the comments I made when asking if he knew who Engram, or Higbee was.

Looking back at the conversation after finding out I was actually talking to Joe Barry and not some random casual fan. I thought it was cool that he said " I love him" in regards to what he thinks of the new coach.
WOW! I'm jealous!!! Like this piece! Funny!(y)

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
roflbot.jpg

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In the spring of 1973 I was attending Long Beach State while the Rams were training there. I walked past, within a couple of yards, of Isiah Robertson. He was in full pads, holding his helmet, talking to a coach outside the chain link fence that enclosed their practice field. I didn't say anything but thought to myself-That is the largest person I've ever seen. When I see the old clip of Earl Campbell running him over, my mind just boggles.

Ram65

Legend
I wouldn't know Joe Barry either. Always nice to meet any of the Rams family. I guess if you are near the practice facility you should look at their mug shots just in case. Very cool. @Relwolf91

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Good thing it was you, I might have asked him..."Joe, what the hell happen in D.C." "That defense was atrocious." And then..."BTW welcome to the Rams."