I think the Rams are hoping for one more year with this offensive line

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams currently have 11 draft picks in 2022. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it's:

2nd round
Two 3rd round
4th round
5th round
Three 6th rounds
Two 7th rounds

With that kind of capital to go around it would seem completely unreasonable to not come out with at least three offensive linemen right? The Rams currently have two offensive linemen set for free agency and Whitworth isn't getting any younger. Even if you like the depth that you have currently it seems like just a matter of time before you're going to need people behind them as the depth guys or to compete for starting roles.

My assumption is that in 2022 they re-sign noteboom to prove himself one last time for the left tackle spot, re-sign Corbett provided he plays center well this year, leave David Edwards at Left guard, leave havenstein at right tackle, and whoever wins the right guard spot this year likely returns to the spot in 2022. Then they can draft a left tackle prospect and maybe some guard combinations just in case they can't afford Edwards after next year. But those draft picks will get to sit a year before being asked to play just like Allen and noteboom when they were first given starting positions.

What do you think?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The Rams currently have 11 draft picks in 2022. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it's:

2nd round
Two 3rd round
4th round
5th round
Three 6th rounds
Two 7th rounds

What do you think?

Well, the Rams would pretty have to based on personnel. Agree Noteboom in a prove it deal and if Corbett can be a force at Center, extending him would be prudent. Not sure what the landscape will look like for the draft in 2022, however, you should have more games & the NFL Combine to get a better understanding on who you are drafting.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Several OL'ers contracts will be up when this season comes to an end, Four to be correct:

LT Noteboom
IOL'er Corbett
IOL'er Allen
IOL'er Shelton

(Note)- Did you notice that LT Whitworth is not on this list but @ his serious advanced age, is highly probable retirement is the path @ the end of the 2021 season. Half of 2020 was spent on the injured reserve & it will not improve in 2021. Big BUT here on this .......If the Rams are smart & they heavily utilize Noteboom & Whitworth is a way to secure & preserve the vet & greatly build on the number of offensive snaps of the smart younger Noteboom @ that LT post they just might get an additional season from Whitworth beyond 2021 in the reserve mix @ LT.:thinking:

Those above OL'ers will surely get a good opportunity to prove themselves for future contracts as a Ram. Meanwhile, the OL'ers who are most likely to be here in 2022 under contract:

RT Havenstein(entering his 8thseason)
RT Evans (entering his 4th season in 2022)
OT/OG Brewer-ERFA (entering his 3rd season in 2022)
OG/OC- Anchrum (entering his 3rd season in 2022)
OG-Demby (entering his 5th NFL season)-RFA
OT Alaric Jackson UDFA Rookie
OT Max Pircher UDFA Rookie
OG Jordan Meredith UDFA Rookie

The above-listed OL'er should keep the Rams in a very good position if these OL'er under Carberry can progress & mature to be part of one of the best offenses in the NFL. The only real position of concern is center but with Tremayne Anchrum lurking plus UFA status of the Rams' other two OC's there remain decent options.

In conclusion: I project Noteboom & Corbett will get future contracts. Ram Org. has a strong remaining cadre to build on into the future as Stafford enters his golden yrs as a starting QB in the NFL. The OL will be key in keeping him healthy & able to make those great throws to this strong receiving unit.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Boom is gonna be a FA. Spending effort on him so he can go play for another team would suck. If you play him even 6 games at LT and he is solid some asshole team will throw money at him.

I would use practice this season to groom either Anchrum or Evans or whichever depth chart option they have convinced themselves will be able to do it. When Whit gets a vet day there you go.

But I still think they will need to look outside the org for their next LT. It will be draft or trade/FA. Probably trade/FA since LT types never last to the 50s in the draft.

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
My biggest concern is LT. I do not think Noteboom is the long-term answer. He is good as cost-effective depth but I do not see him as stating LT material espcially for the $$ the position usually commands. There is potential for some good LT's to be available in FA next year and LT is one those positions where the rams are probably willing to allocate significant $$$. As with the Goff to Stafford and the Peters to Ramsey upgrades I think the Rams will be wiling to do what they need next off season to bring in a superior LT that is an upgrade over Noteboom if Whitworth does indeed retire.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor

2nd round
Two 3rd round
4th round
5th round
Three 6th rounds
Two 7th rounds

You are right on the 11 draft picks, but it's actually four! 6th round picks.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
But I still think they will need to look outside the org for their next LT. It will be draft or trade/FA. Probably trade/FA since LT types never last to the 50s in the draft.
Agreed. The Rams will spend here if need be, or make a trade. I don't think they have any delusions of being able to draft their next franchise LT with the way they've set up the current model of no #1 picks.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Not sure what the landscape will look like for the draft in 2022, however, you should have more games & the NFL Combine to get a better understanding on who you are drafting.

Good question ... and that landscape could be unprecedented in terms of numbers. I haven't taken a close look at the class of 2022 yet, but considering the amount of seniors that are taking advantage of that Covid stipulation allowing for another year of college eligibility, available talent should be quite impressive. The only negative is how low we'll be drafting due to our 2021 Super Bowl win.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think they're going to draft 6 WRs, 2 TEs, 1 RB, a punter, and a safety and you're gonna fucking take it.
We need a combo lol and ouch emoji....
pmg]

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agreed. The Rams will spend here if need be, or make a trade. I don't think they have any delusions of being able to draft their next franchise LT with the way they've set up the current model of no #1 picks.
Whit was a 2nd rounder for Cinci, wasn't he?

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In this day and age... I'm not sure any team looks forward more than 1-2 years, except for draft picks.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

2nd round
Two 3rd round
4th round
5th round
Three 6th rounds
Two 7th rounds

With that kind of capital to go around it would seem completely unreasonable to not come out with at least three offensive linemen right? The Rams currently have two offensive linemen set for free agency and Whitworth isn't getting any younger. Even if you like the depth that you have currently it seems like just a matter of time before you're going to need people behind them as the depth guys or to compete for starting roles.

My assumption is that in 2022 they re-sign noteboom to prove himself one last time for the left tackle spot, re-sign Corbett provided he plays center well this year, leave David Edwards at Left guard, leave havenstein at right tackle, and whoever wins the right guard spot this year likely returns to the spot in 2022. Then they can draft a left tackle prospect and maybe some guard combinations just in case they can't afford Edwards after next year. But those draft picks will get to sit a year before being asked to play just like Allen and noteboom when they were first given starting positions.

What do you think?

I like to build upon common sense assumptions, so... on the assumption the Rams win the Superbowl in 2021 we have the same line returning for the 2022 repeat!

Happy Yes It Is GIF

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am confused as to why the Rams have not or openly tried signed Austin Reiter.

Last two seasons he p,Ayer in 31 games, started 28, and no sacks last season.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/202...expected-to-become-free-agent-sign-elsewhere/
Contrary to popular belief, Reiter was really solid for the Chiefs in 2020. He didn’t allow a single sack during the entire season and postseason, with just 11 total pressures on the year. You have to go all the way back to Super Bowl LIV to find the last time he surrendered a sack. Looking back on the season, he was the team’s most consistent performer on the offensive line and it was a career year in pass protection. It’s easy to see why he might fetch a deal in free agency that Kansas City would be unable to match.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I guess we can worry about the Oline next season. We do have all our returning starters except for the center that wasn't great, so that won't be a step down. We have two good tackles, a solid backup tackle, and a couple good guards, and some depth there. Center is the only question mark, but it shouldn't be a big downgrade, like I said.

Let's win this year.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Rams are in a really bad situation since the OL we have drafted haven't planned it only Corbett has planned out and he was signed from Cleveland not a draft pick. We have other priorities besides just OLmen we have Whit's advanced age, Noeboom, Shelton, Corbett possibly gone. We have t resign DWill #1 priority in the team next year.

We must improve the OL you watch they will suck like they did last year. What would make any difference from last year to this year all have had enough experience some are going into their second contract after this season. I seriously worry for Stafford at least I feel he will feel frustrated by Snead/McVays lack of leadership when it comes to the OL.

I honestly don't know how the OL can be considered to be good this off season when they are the same as last year minus our starting lousy Center and Whit is 1 season older.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Rams are in a really bad situation since the OL we have drafted haven't planned it only Corbett has planned out and he was signed from Cleveland not a draft pick. We have other priorities besides just OLmen we have Whit's advanced age, Noeboom, Shelton, Corbett possibly gone. We have t resign DWill #1 priority in the team next year.

We must improve the OL you watch they will suck like they did last year. What would make any difference from last year to this year all have had enough experience some are going into their second contract after this season. I seriously worry for Stafford at least I feel he will feel frustrated by Snead/McVays lack of leadership when it comes to the OL.

I honestly don't know how the OL can be considered to be good this off season when they are the same as last year minus our starting lousy Center and Whit is 1 season older.

I really don't understand this kind of negativity. We know that we have solid OT's with Whitworth & Havenstein, Edwards was more than fine at LG in what was his first full season at the position, Corbett was a big improvement over Blythe at RG, I can't see that changing with his moving inside, and whoever takes over starting at RG will come from a long list of good depth players. Topping off the whole thing is Stafford is now at the helm, a QB adept at reading defenses, a 2'nd year RB who can rip thru defenses, a new & proven deep threat WR, and a host of added depth at TE & WR. Not only am I not worried, i'm packing for Disneyland ...