His source was right on Wagner... Rumor: Rams/Mathieu

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I'll agree that Wagner brings that football IQ and leadership. He will likely wear the green dot.

I just don't see the disrespect for Fuller. He's smart enough that he wore the green dot in his second season, he is often where ever you find a football, and as a rookie, he played into the roster with his awareness.

I really like Scott. He's faster than Fuller, and he's a hitter. But it seems he is either making big plays or no plays.

Fuller may not make the splash plays but seems to be in the thick of things all game. And he actually made some splash plays his rookie season.

Maybe with less on his shoulders (green dot) he gets back to his read and react self.
I agree with the questionable bashing of Fuller by some. The sample size for Scott is still small. I love that Scott has improved and is contributing but he is not the player Fuller is yet. He may get there but isn't there now, he only played 1 year at safety before being drafted so maybe he is just continuing to develop. I like the pop Scott brings and the size of Fuller. A quality problem I guess

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If we sign Hicks, it makes dealing A'Shawn Robinson more of a possibility.

At this point, ARob is a better player.
What's interesting is he's more of an interior rush type (than Robinson is). So maybe he would spell AD and keep him rested. Or they just want to get more pressure on the interior opposite AD when they rush 5.

Assuming the rumors are true of course. Could be BS.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If we sign Hicks, it makes dealing A'Shawn Robinson more of a possibility.
He's not going anywhere. It's the last year of his deal and he's just turned in an amazing performance in the post season. Quit trying to mock trade people :p

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What's interesting is he's more of an interior rush type (than Robinson is). So maybe he would spell AD and keep him rested. Or they just want to get more pressure on the interior opposite AD when they rush 5.

Assuming the rumors are true of course. Could be BS.
He'd be rotation with Gaines. Big man didn't play a full season last year really so do the same this year and keep him fresh by rotating him with Hicks. Makes total sense especially if you get Hicks on a good deal.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Maybe so. Hicks does have the ability to move around and either way that would be a hell of a rotation up front for Morris to use. If that happens they just gotta make sure their blindside contain is good via the rotation and the front seven are set.

MachS

Hall of Fame
As in Akiem Hicks? Wow. Did not expect that. That would be a very big surprise to me.
I mean losing SJD is a decent blow for sure, but we didnt even have him for most of the year last year. A'Shawn and Gaines are both studs inside and we have to get B Brown's development going right? Yea I dont get the Hicks rumor unless he signs for a vet minimum or something very cheap. I think signing Tyrann would be a solid signing that I was originally iffy on, but the mroe I think about what he brings the more I like it. It allows us to keep Ramsey outside and allow the badger to play the slot/star.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Badger scares me a little. Ramsey and him in the same backfield smells like trouble waiting to happen. We've seen how Jalen went off on Rapp when he missed an assignment, imagine the explosion if Mathieu was freelancing and wasn't where he was supposed to be? Could breed discontent in the locker room.
I'd like the opportunity to see that happen. Furthermore, Rapp is no Mathieu

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
pass on Hicks pls.
get us some Honey Badger & Gilmore & I'll be a happy camper.
we have some young hungry pups at OLB who can get to da QB. +maybe we draft another.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Maybe Hicks acknowledges that his days of playing football are almost done.

In that case he may want to negotiate a cheap deal to have one shot at a ring and the feeling of being a part of a Super Bowl team and being able to play alongside the greatest defensive player in the history of the game.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
No fucking way we move A'Shawn or Gaines if we sign Hicks. If anything, Hicks is a short term replacement for losing SJD. A'Shawn was arguably our defensive MVP in the superbowl and Gaines is a top 5 run stuffing NT that is also our best pass rushing lineman sans Aaron Donald. Makes no sense to get rid of either one.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
At this point, ARob is a better player.
Could Hicks help? Sure he could as a rotational player. He'll be 33 in November and he's missed 20 games the last 3 years. After averaging 8 sacks a year from 2016-2018, he's had 8 the last 3 years total. As long as Robinson and Gaines don't go anywhere and Bobby Brown doesn't lose work or snaps.......AND we better not pay anything close to decent jack. He's made 29 mil total for those last 3 years so he owes some team better work for a lot less pay.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Yeah, Hicks is the one guy folks are talking about to us that I just don't get.

Tyrann Mathieu? totally get it
Stephon Gilmore? totally get it

Akiem Hicks? don't get it at all...