His source was right on Wagner... Rumor: Rams/Mathieu

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
At this point teams likely wait until after the draft to sign veteran players

Exactly that's why I think tyrann isn't a ram yet honestly. I gave it 70/30 still believe that and after the draft in may comp formula not a thing.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think that is part of it, but I also think some of it is trying to get the new AD extension in place.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I think that is part of it, but I also think some of it is trying to get the new AD extension in place.
I think even the ad contract is in place, a few more signings/trades happen.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Exactly that's why I think tyrann isn't a ram yet honestly. I gave it 70/30 still believe that and after the draft in may comp formula not a thing.
Im sure some teams might be, but doubt the draft will be a factor for us if we want him. We wont get a player of his quality with our picks. Not to mention he was the leader of the KC defense and won the super bowl. Adding Wagz and Tyrann just from a leadership standpoint would be huge. And after losing D Williams it doesn't make sense to put Ramsey inside a lot next year. Im sure we will occasionally, but allowing Mathieu to play the Star with Ramsey outside would be ideal.

MachS

Hall of Fame
With DD, Long, Rochelle, and likely a rookie corner drafted, if we sign Tyrann are we weak in the secondary?? Fuller/Scott deep. Rapp as the 3rd safety. Tyrann can cover the slot playing Star and move around as well. Just offers a ton of flexibility for us the more I think about it. We should be able to find a starter across from Ramsey between DD, Long, and Rochelle.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
At this point teams likely wait until after the draft to sign veteran players

If it is like last year, at 4pm the Monday after the draft Free Agent signings no longer effect the comp pick formula.

Seems a good guess we don’t see any Rams activity until after then.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
With DD, Long, Rochelle, and likely a rookie corner drafted, if we sign Tyrann are we weak in the secondary?? Fuller/Scott deep. Rapp as the 3rd safety. Tyrann can cover the slot playing Star and move around as well. Just offers a ton of flexibility for us the more I think about it. We should be able to find a starter across from Ramsey between DD, Long, and Rochelle.
Tyrann would be a nice edition but having Deayon and or Long as starters is not a good plan.

Then you look at the depth. They need upgrades at corner.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Tyrann would be a nice edition but having Deayon and or Long as starters is not a good plan.

Then you look at the depth. They need upgrades at corner.
They definitely need CBs in the draft. Probably a safety too. It seems the plan is Rochell opposite Ramsey. I hope they resign Deayon, so he, Long and a couple of draft picks can be in the mix. What happened to Burgess playing nickle? They could sign somebody after the draft too. I feel confident they'll solve things there.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Not understanding why the Rams would have interest in Hicks who is a 6-5/335-340 lb NT who will be 33 yrs old this season? This former Bear NT has missed many major portions & complete games over the last 3 seasons. Hick only finished 3 gms in 2019 & 6 games in 2021. ????

To add to my small brain confusion Rams invested by drafting NT Bobby Brown 6-4/335 & utilize him rarely. In 2021 Ram extended DT Robinson's 6-4/330 contract from 2 to 3 seasons.....both are the same size.

Guess Ram don like our starting NT Greg Gaines or run-stuffer Marquise Copeland too

How many run-stuffing NT's do the Rams need? That is a ton of beef inside with the very little outside.

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not understanding why the Rams would have interest in Hicks who is a 6-5/335-340 lb NT who will be 33 yrs old this season? This former Bear NT has missed many major portions & complete games over the last 3 seasons. Hick only finished 3 gms in 2019 & 6 games in 2021. ????

To add to my small brain confusion Rams invested bt drafting NT Bobby Brown 6-4/335 & utilize him rarely. In 2021 Ram extended DT Robinson's 6-4/330 contract from 2 to 3 seasons.....both are the same size.

Guess Ram don like our starting NT Greg Gaines or run-stuffer Marquise Copeland too

How many run-stuffing NT's do the Rams need? That a ton of beef inside with very little outside.
As I said later a rotational guy. He's not going to get money but he's a vet and McVay seems to like having those guys around and maybe Morris likes him.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Hicks just makes no sense for the Rams right now,

I think Rams are more focused on CB and edge. And I suspect that they want to get something done before the damned draft.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
As I said later a rotational guy. He's not going to get money but he's a vet and McVay seems to like having those guys around and maybe Morris likes him.
Hicks's health certainly has demonstrated he is no longer a full-time starter & is trending @ an increasing speed toward retirement. Hick just might be seeking a chance to win an SB Championship ring too.

DC Morris also might be planning to utilize a lot more standard 43 defensive scheme that he is much more familiar with in 2022 since the Rams have big concern issues with 34 D ER's.

Hicks still has value if he can be utilized as a designated part-time player in a rotation this Henderson DL. Limiting his well-seasoned well-used body to all those blows & bangs.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
If it is like last year, at 4pm the Monday after the draft Free Agent signings no longer effect the comp pick formula.

Seems a good guess we don’t see any Rams activity until after then.

Agreed Jourdan mentioned it yesterday but she made it a point to say it doesn't mean things aren't happening and moving parts aren't moving.