Hey Fisher, get a damn QB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Because I love this team. I want to give them every chance this off-season to prove to me they can and will build a winner.

Jaguars are my hometown team. Have a lot of connections to the team. Honestly, I have far stronger real life connections to the Jaguars than the Rams but I've always been emotionally connected to the Rams.
Gotcha.
I was just giving you a hard time anyway.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Frankly, I'm not sweating it anymore. The Rams will either get a QB or I'll go ahead and root for the Jaguars until Fisher is gone. I love Bortles and the Jaguars have worked hard to build a competitive team this off-season.
The Rams will either see the vast undeniable wisdom that is mine or I will show them and kick dirt for some other team that has a player I like and obviously listened to me.

M'yeah I'm not following this logic. Have fun with that.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams will either see the vast undeniable wisdom that is mine or I will show them and kick dirt for some other team that has a player I like and obviously listened to me.

M'yeah I'm not following this logic. Have fun with that.

Oh well. I've dealt with watching a team that loses year after year since 2004. It's now 2016. The Rams chose to keep Fisher. Not a move I liked because I don't think he's adapting to where the NFL is going. But fine, he's built the team up so I want to give him a chance to get it over the hump. However, him thinking that Case Keenum is the answer only proves to me that he doesn't get it. And in that case, I'm not going to sit idly by and pretend things are okay. The NFL is a business. If the Rams aren't delivering what I want, I'll go find another business that is.

And frankly, I don't want to be that bitter fan that is here all year complaining about everything, shitting all over the team, and trying to make everyone else miserable because I'm angry at the Rams. I'd like to enjoy watching football and feel optimistic about the team I'm rooting for. With Case Keenum at QB, that will be impossible.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
Oh well. I've dealt with watching a team that loses year after year since 2004. It's now 2016. The Rams chose to keep Fisher. Not a move I liked because I don't think he's adapting to where the NFL is going. But fine, he's built the team up so I want to give him a chance to get it over the hump. However, him thinking that Case Keenum is the answer only proves to me that he doesn't get it. And in that case, I'm not going to sit idly by and pretend things are okay. The NFL is a business. If the Rams aren't delivering what I want, I'll go find another business that is.

And frankly, I don't want to be that bitter fan that is here all year complaining about everything, crapping all over the team, and trying to make everyone else miserable because I'm angry at the Rams. I'd like to enjoy watching football and feel optimistic about the team I'm rooting for. With Case Keenum at QB, that will be impossible.

Agree that Fisher is the problem right now from this team taking off.Don't get me wrong I think he did a great job on defense. But he is hopelessly lost on offense and Its not going to change anytime soon.We can't even get a good OC to come to us because Fisher won't let him do his job right.So Fisher either needs to change his offensive philosophy or he needs to go we deserve better.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Agree that Fisher is the problem right now from this team taking off.Don't get me wrong I think he did a great job on defense. But he is hopelessly lost on offense and Its not going to change anytime soon.We can't even get a good OC to come to us because Fisher won't let him do his job right.So Fisher either needs to change his offensive philosophy or he needs to go we deserve better.

Holy Crap, I didn't realise we had one!

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Unfortunately, I'm just not taken on any of this year's QBs in the draft, I still think that Mannion could be 'that guy' for us. He's a clever dude, seems to have the tools from the footage I saw during last year's draft process, I'd love to see him get some off-season hard core QB training to fix his issues (which all QBs have coming into the NFL) I just know that this regime just isn't that good at developing the position

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
Unfortunately, I'm just not taken on any of this year's QBs in the draft, I still think that Mannion could be 'that guy' for us. He's a clever dude, seems to have the tools from the footage I saw during last year's draft process, I'd love to see him get some off-season hard core QB training to fix his issues (which all QBs have coming into the NFL) I just know that this regime just isn't that good at developing the position

I like Mannion as well he may be our QB if the future. Fisher could have played him the last 4-5 games last year but didn't. We could've had a look at what he had learned or needed to work on. It would've been a small sample size but better than nothing.Even had Mannion failed and lost more games, at least we would know where he was with a better draft pick.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I like Mannion as well he may be our QB if the future. Fisher could have played him the last 4-5 games last year but didn't. We could've had a look at what he had learned or needed to work on. It would've been a small sample size but better than nothing.Even had Mannion failed and lost more games, at least we would know where he was with a better draft pick.

Definitely, this is what I would have done if I was in Fisher's shoes - it would have been a win/win situation for the Rams in 2016 - either you have your starter QB OR you have a top 8 draft pick :)

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jaguars are my hometown team. Have a lot of connections to the team. Honestly, I have far stronger real life connections to the Jaguars than the Rams but I've always been emotionally connected to the Rams.
Over the years I've had season tickets to the Giants and have seen the Jets play more than I've ever seen my Rams play live. But it never changed who my team was.
I'm chalking this up to complete frustration, but you don't really mean it.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
of all the teams to choose you pick one that has drafted in the top 5 for 5 straight years?

that sounds like a plan.

Actually that's a great plan if your favorite time of the year is draft time. Picking in the top 5 every year is funtime. I would also recommend the Minnesota T-Wolves to a fan like this.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Oh well. I've dealt with watching a team that loses year after year since 2004.
200.gif

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Considering we have possibly the best RB in the game, the offense "should" be better. The more teams focus on having to stop Gurley "should" open up the passing game. 4-1 when he rushed for 100+, 2-5 when was under 100.
I just don't see how Fisher offense "strategy", Keenum in particular, can be effective when teams plan to stop TG and let the QB beat them

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
Frankly, I think the Saints, Colts, and Chargers have pretty damned good quarterbacks but all three were bad teams last year. I recall Kurt looking bad for the Rams, Giants, and Cardinals when the teams around him had significant OLine issues. I recall MVP years when everything else was in place.

Nearly everyone fretted over Bradford's health though as a #1 selection, he was considered to have the talent that exceeded any QB in this particular draft. He was rated better by the "experts" coming out of college than any since then (other than Luck). But with the annual plethora of OLine injuries and poor receiver play, not to mention his own injuries, Sam's investment was wasted. Fisher tried to keep him but he wouldn't sign a team friendly deal so Snisher saved the money to continue building a better team. Keenum is average at best and Mannion is still unknown. To me, Goff is a future bust and Wentz will need a couple years but I'd personally do what it took to get him. Next year would be much like tha last four, but at least two years from now I'd allow myself to truly believe.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Frankly, I think the Saints, Colts, and Chargers have pretty damned good quarterbacks but all three were bad teams last year.
32nd, 25th, 21st in points allowed/gm last season, respectively. They couldn't stop anybody.
A stout defense/w pass rush is just as important as QB IMO.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
When-Jerry-Kramer-Scream-Hospital.gif

"And then the Rams drafted defensive players in the first, second, and third round."

BadCompany

Rookie

I think the problem with that is if Mannion wasn't ready, then he wasn't ready. So all you've learned is that Sean Circa 2015 was not a good enough quarterback. But since they drafted the guy as a project that doesn't really change anything now does it? They weren't expecting him to be ready, so if they had of put him in and he wasn't ready... well, nothing really learned, right? Sort of like putting in a high-schooler and then saying "well that didn't work". I exaggerate of course, but if they knew he wasn't going to do well against NFL players, then putting him in there for 4-5 games would do nothing but crush his confidence. They knew it wasn't going to work.

I've always wondered what their timetable was for him. This is assuming they drafted him because they thought he could be a starter, and not because they caved to media pressure and drafted a guy they didn't want just because the media said they had to draft a QB, and they never thought he was going to be anything. Which of course would have been a complete waste of a third round pick. So since I don't want to assume that, I'm going to stay positive and think that they had a timetable for him. We all knew it wasn't going to be last year, so again, I'm not sure what playing him would have shown. But is it this year? Perhaps not as a Day 1 starter, but maybe they're thinking that by Week 6 Mannion will be ready? That they just need Keenum to hold the fort for a few weeks, to give Mannion that little bit of extra time? Or is it Week 10? Or next year?

If we knew what their timetable for Mannion is, we'd have a much better idea of what they are planning on doing for the rest of this off-season.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Frankly, I'm not sweating it anymore. The Rams will either get a QB or I'll go ahead and root for the Jaguars until Fisher is gone. I love Bortles and the Jaguars have worked hard to build a competitive team this off-season.

These thongs are available online in XS for you Jrry :LOL:
image.jpg

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

I don't care how that affects my "true fan" status. The Rams are either serious about winning or they aren't. I'm not going to spend my time and energy rooting for a team that isn't serious about winning.

I'm with you 100%, but I'll still watch. I will just go into every game expecting a loss, and my emotional investment in the Rams will be at an all time low. I also love the Jaguars...watching them last year was a lot of fun.