Hey Fisher, get a damn QB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We've had 4 players get cut/leave us that played through the entire Jeff Fisher era thus far....let's see where they went:

Long - Patriots (Brady)
JL - Saints (Brees)
Cook - Packers (Rodgers)
Jenkins - Giants (Manning)

This could be a coincidence, especially because they weren't all hot commodities. But all four ended up with former Superbowl MVP QBs. Given what they all had to suffer through with the Rams, not too surprising. Let's get a QB.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Us not having a QB has nothing to do with our cuts, so no idea why it matters where they went. They were cut because they were overpaid. That's all. But I agree that we need a QB. There just weren't any legitimate options in free agency. An overpaid rookie(essentially) in Brock Osweiler, an oft injured Sam Bradford, a turnover machine with one good season in Fitzpatrick, or maybe Chase Daniel? Who has also done virtually nothing aside from looking good in preseason. I'm in the camp of getting this done through the draft this year.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Us not having a QB has nothing to do with our cuts, so no idea why it matters where they went. They were cut because they were overpaid. That's all. But I agree that we need a QB. There just weren't any legitimate options in free agency. An overpaid rookie(essentially) in Brock Osweiler, an oft injured Sam Bradford, a turnover machine with one good season in Fitzpatrick, or maybe Chase Daniel? Who has also done virtually nothing aside from looking good in preseason. I'm in the camp of getting this done through the draft this year.

Seems Frantik is saying that they were sick of playing on a team without a good QB, so when given a chance to pick among many other teams........all four chose teams with MVP QBs. Seems like more than a coincidence. If I was told that the NFL was downsizing by cutting the Rams and a few other teams, and I were to want to pick another team, you can be damn sure it would be a team with a good QB (not named the Patriots that is).

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If one of the top two guys falls to 6, Paxton lynch, or Connor cook. One of these 4 will be a ram.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Jenkins did not care. He went to the highest bidder.

Long and JL were cut, and both seemed genuinely bummed.

Cook just made Rogers worse. Who cares what he thinks.

Also, every single one is a vet. After landing a big contract, the next thing most players want in a super bowl ring. If given the chance between the browns, or packers, who would YOU pick?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I think the plan is for 2017 free agent Andrew Luck to join the Rams. How about 5 years for $125.mil. $75mil guaranteed. :mrburnsevil:

fearsomefour

Legend
The temptation to reach will be great.
I would rather not trade up for any o the QBs in this years draft.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I vote to trade the farm. Especially now that we have a developing OL that can hopefully protect the QB, and a stud RB who can take some of the pressure off. Whatever it takes to get Wentz!

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey

JackD is so right and I was so wrong 2 years ago. I wanted to trade back our 2nd pick (Greg Robinson) to Buffalo and draft either WR Mike Evans or Odell Beckham Jr. and get an extra 2nd round draft pick. My draft strategy was absurd and grossly inept. We should have picked Blake Bortles with the 2nd pick in the draft. I didn't realize at the time, how rare and expensive franchise quarterbacks are in a modern NFL. I'm tired of getting the dud chair in a game of musical QB chairs.

What do our Rams have? A young dynamic defense forced to play 2/3 of games because of our grossly inept "3andOUT"offense. I'm repeating myself...See how sick I am of our offense?

Not only do we have one of the worst quarterback situations in the NFL. We double down with a 3rd rate receiving corp. JackDRams is right? "There just weren't any legitimate options in free agency!" We must bite the bullet and draft a quarterback early, or wait until Kurt Warner and I collect social security, and Todd Gurley is a hall of fame running back on the NFL Channel , and we have the # 1 pick in the draft again, at which time an 83 year old Jeff Fisher will draft a quarterback. I can't wait for my great grandchildren to cheer for a Rams quarterback who hasn't been born yet! I exaggerate, I hyperbolize, but I really feel we need to find a decent quarterback ASAP. Either that or I need to remember to take my meds.

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree with Franktik. Do whatever it takes to get a QB. Sell the farm for Goff!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
We've had 4 players get cut/leave us that played through the entire Jeff Fisher era thus far....let's see where they went:

Long - Patriots (Brady)
JL - Saints (Brees)
Cook - Packers (Rodgers)
Jenkins - Giants (Manning)

This could be a coincidence, especially because they weren't all hot commodities. But all four ended up with former Superbowl MVP QBs. Given what they all had to suffer through with the Rams, not too surprising. Let's get a QB.
I think it's more the Play-Off potential of those teams, than just the QB!!JMO!

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
Mannion is just as good as the #3 and below. I'm for only taking one of the top 2 QBs. If not it's the top WR, if not BPA

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I think we're all gonna be sitting her by pick 8 wanting to either breathe into a bag because Fisher and Snead actually traded up and got a QB...or MUCH more likely... want to throw something at the TV because Wentz and Goff are long gone and you just have this feeling that the Rams are gonna do something that feels really half-assed...

I dunno WHY I feel this way. The last two guys we got won OROY and DROY. They've taken the draft extraordinarily seriously.

I just got this sinking feeling that THIS year, I'm gonna be on my couch this year with my Victory chips and organic salsa... feeling like crap after Day 1 and dreading Day 2 and 3...

I'm hoping that's just residual pessimism from the past few seasons, but I dunno...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think we're all gonna be sitting her by pick 8 wanting to either breathe into a bag because Fisher and Snead actually traded up and got a QB...or MUCH more likely... want to throw something at the TV because Wentz and Goff are long gone and you just have this feeling that the Rams are gonna do something that feels really half-assed...

I dunno WHY I feel this way. The last two guys we got won OROY and DROY. They've taken the draft extraordinarily seriously.

I just got this sinking feeling that THIS year, I'm gonna be on my couch this year with my Victory chips and organic salsa... feeling like crap after Day 1 and dreading Day 2 and 3...

I'm hoping that's just residual pessimism from the past few seasons, but I dunno...

Frankly, I'm not sweating it anymore. The Rams will either get a QB or I'll go ahead and root for the Jaguars until Fisher is gone. I love Bortles and the Jaguars have worked hard to build a competitive team this off-season.

I don't care how that affects my "true fan" status. The Rams are either serious about winning or they aren't. I'm not going to spend my time and energy rooting for a team that isn't serious about winning.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Frankly, I'm not sweating it anymore. The Rams will either get a QB or I'll go ahead and root for the Jaguars until Fisher is gone.
Man that's fucked up.
But you gotta do what you gotta do.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I don't really like the NFL enough to pick another team, tho...

Edit: Plus, I've been through too much with the Blue and Gold...

If Cleveland is the Factory of Sadness...

The Rams are the Factory Outlet of Sadness...

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Frankly, I'm not sweating it anymore. The Rams will either get a QB or I'll go ahead and root for the Jaguars until Fisher is gone. I love Bortles and the Jaguars have worked hard to build a competitive team this off-season.

I don't care how that affects my "true fan" status. The Rams are either serious about winning or they aren't. I'm not going to spend my time and energy rooting for a team that isn't serious about winning.

of all the teams to choose you pick one that has drafted in the top 5 for 5 straight years?

that sounds like a plan.