Help me pick a baseball team

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Or the coolest slide ever.

hcpqk8edsinjjujyuh2d.gif
Try this one

View: https://twitter.com/stickydickey1/status/1425317161602588680?s=21

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
A little late here, and yeah, we’re all thinking about the SB, but Scots, you really need to be a Dodger fan.

Think about it:
I like scotch. You like scotch.
I like cricket. You like cricket.
I like the Rams. You like the Rams.
I like the Dodgers. You should like the Dodgers.

Still not convinced?
Dodgers are are blue. Rams are blue.
Cards are red. Dirty Niners are red.

What more do you need?

More? Sure. The Dodgers and Cardinals played a one-game Wild Card game in last year’s playoffs. Here’s how it ended:

Last edited:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I also like the idea of the Dodgers because LA.

In exchange I will recommend European soccer teams for anyone who wants one, any criteria considered. Cheers!

Los Angeles is a great & diverse city which caters to world travelers, it's an international beacon. Sure it has its detractors, but that's often about politics or weekday traffic on the 405. You already picked a favorite NFL team, and you hit that one out of the park, why not go with the same city, one which may have more options for entertainment than any other place in the world ? Where else might you go surfing in the Pacific, be waterskiing or jet skiing on some lake, be hiking in a forest or desert, or even be snowboarding/snow skiing all within a few hours of each other depending on the season ? L.A. has some of the greatest venues for music, comedy & fine dining in the U.S., and is a cultural mecca boasting more than 100 museums, many of them world-class, and a paradise of idyllic weather. Our local universities also offer great sporting entertainment and stadiums. The choices are endless.
L.A. is the only city in North America to have hosted the Summer Olympics twice - and by 2028 the third time. The Los Angeles metropolitan area, with more than 23,000 art jobs, is the country's leading artistic center, surpassing the previous champion, New York. In other words, Los Angeles has both a larger concentration and absolute number of artists than New York. Hollywood's film industry is the most prestigious in the world.
Like the Rams for football, the Dodgers have one of the richest histories in baseball, including some of the most iconic players to ever wear the uniform. Chavez Ravine, where the Dodgers play, is also one of the leagues most beautiful parks. Join us left coasters and enjoy everything we have to offer, and add the Dodgers to your bucket list.
Oh wait, did I mention our So. California girls, it doesn't get much better ...

I'm half Scot by ancestry, my family name may be most prominent in the Glasgow area, or so I'm told, ... perhaps a soccer/football club within that area is one you might recommend.

Last edited:

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
I'm half Scot by ancestry, my family name may be most prominent in the Glasgow area, or so I'm told, ... perhaps a soccer/football club within that area is one you might recommend.
RRBBQ, I can guarantee you two clubs he will not recommend will be named Rangers or Celtic.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
A little late here, and yeah, we’re all thinking about the SB, but Scots, you really need to be a Dodger fan.

Think about it:
I like scotch. You like scotch.
I like cricket. You like cricket.
I like the Rams. You like the Rams.
I like the Dodgers. You should like the Dodgers.

Still not convinced?
Dodgers are are blue. Rams are blue.
Cards are red. Dirty Niners are red.

What more do you need?

More? Sure. The Dodgers and Cardinals played a one-game Wild Card game in last year’s playoffs. Here’s how it ended:

Cardinals had a ton of injuries last year. The fact that they even made the playoffs says it all.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Your new soccer team is Partick Thistle. You're welcome.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Your new soccer team is Partick Thistle. You're welcome.

Thank you sir. I notice they are a team with a rich history and have well known fans such as Robert Carlyle & Craig Ferguson. I'll be reading up on them and checking on their schedule. Apparently they are often referred to by a nickname, the Jags. I guess they've lately been affected by Covid and a reduced schedule. I was wondering if you've developed much of an opinion on their manager, Ian McCall ?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Cardinals had a ton of injuries last year. The fact that they even made the playoffs says it all.
hahaha don't even start with injuries my friend :) Losing our #3 starter and cleanup hitter right before the playoffs kind of is a big deal just saying. It was a good baseball year though even if our teams didn't win it all.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you sir. I notice they are a team with a rich history and have well known fans such as Robert Carlyle & Craig Ferguson. I'll be reading up on them and checking on their schedule. Apparently they are often referred to by a nickname, the Jags. I guess they've lately been affected by Covid and a reduced schedule. I was wondering if you've developed much of an opinion on their manager, Ian McCall ?

That's some great sleuthing my friend! They're a great team to follow, rich tradition and history but with a family and community feel.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
hahaha don't even start with injuries my friend :) Losing our #3 starter and cleanup hitter right before the playoffs kind of is a big deal just saying. It was a good baseball year though even if our teams didn't win it all.

We lost four out of five starters - only Adam Wainwright was spared injury - and we had to shuffle our outfield, our shortstop, and our catcher position because of injuries. And that's not even mentioning the bullpen injuries.

Tano

Legend
We lost four out of five starters - only Adam Wainwright was spared injury - and we had to shuffle our outfield, our shortstop, and our catcher position because of injuries. And that's not even mentioning the bullpen injuries.
Um we could go back and forth on injuries

Bellinger
Mookie
Kershaw
Muntz
May
etc
etc
etc