Help me pick a baseball team

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ok I'm feeling some heat from you fellas to pick the Dodgers. I'll watch a couple games and see if I feel a spark.
You missed a gem last night from pitcher Walker Buehler! In the end pick what you like because while they may be fun to watch now with the ebb and flow of pro sports there will be down times. Cardinals and Dodgers have very proud traditions. Both have good or great players now and each have some of the games greats in their past. Bob Gibson and Sandy Koufax are two of the best pitchers of all time. Pulojs, Hornsby, Musial etc etc and Robinson, Snider, Campanella, Hodges….. I could go on for days. Though if you come see an early season Rams game you do have a far better chance of also catching a Dodgers game than a Cardinals game.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You missed a gem last night from pitcher Walker Buehler! In the end pick what you like because while they may be fun to watch now with the ebb and flow of pro sports there will be down times. Cardinals and Dodgers have very proud traditions. Both have good or great players now and each have some of the games greats in their past. Bob Gibson and Sandy Koufax are two of the best pitchers of all time. Pulojs, Hornsby, Musial etc etc and Robinson, Snider, Campanella, Hodges….. I could go on for days. Though if you come see an early season Rams game you do have a far better chance of also catching a Dodgers game than a Cardinals game.

Yeah I need to get out to SoFi. Have seen the Rams at Oakland and every time theyve been to London... but never been to LA.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Got to be the Dodgers, no other team comes close.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
We picked a bad day to start being dodgers fans fellas. Expecting better tomorrow.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Dodgers have suffered quite a few injuries. Last year's World Series MVP Seager has been out for a while. Bellinger was out a couple months and can't find his game now. Kershaw is out. Bauer is out for a different reason. Betts has been out. Just a tough year.

But if you stick with them you will be glad you did. These guys will back for the stretch run. Bellinger has only one way go to and that is up. He's too talented to continue hitting .160. They should make a run in the last month.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Blown away by the underhand pitcher- never seen that before. Took me down a wikipedia rabbit hole. I've learned that apparently they are called submarine pitchers, and that Carl Mays was a dick.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Come join me being a casual Astros fan. :hiding:

OR.

You can do something really random. Like the Brewers. Plus you're team rep is Front Row Amy (google it!)

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Come join me being a casual Astros fan. :hiding:

OR.

You can do something really random. Like the Brewers. Plus you're team rep is Front Row Amy (google it!)
Wait. You cheer for the biggest cheaters in the MLB?

Let's see how they do without banging on trash cans.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Blown away by the underhand pitcher- never seen that before. Took me down a wikipedia rabbit hole. I've learned that apparently they are called submarine pitchers, and that Carl Mays was a dick.

This is a game I played for over 30 years. Ty Stofflett was known to throw over 100 mph. I was never that fast as a pitcher but I could reach upper 70's low 80's when I was younger. That's from 46 feet. You can see here how those guys chased the high pitch. The rise ball literally curves straight up. Looks good to hit coming in but when you swing its up in your eyes. The rise ball was my best pitch back then.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWK_AnfuYYM

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Wait. You cheer for the biggest cheaters in the MLB?

Let's see how they do without banging on trash cans.

big brother pop GIF by Big Brother After Dark

MrOrange

UDFA
If you're looking for a team to follow, go with whatever is the hometown favorite that they will actually play on TV. I live in central NY and used to root for the Mariners but really lost interest because their games were rarely televised in my area. My interest in baseball really took off when I switched my rooting allegiance from the Mariners to the Mets and I was able to watch all their games.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yeah, well the Dodgers also have an excellent farm system again, so you get to watch home grown talent coming up. Take THAT @Memento
The Dodgers are the new Yankees. Luxury tax be damned. I miss George.
This is a game I played for over 30 years. Ty Stofflett was known to throw over 100 mph. I was never that fast as a pitcher but I could reach upper 70's low 80's when I was younger. That's from 46 feet. You can see here how those guys chased the high pitch. The rise ball literally curves straight up. Looks good to hit coming in but when you swing its up in your eyes. The rise ball was my best pitch back then.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWK_AnfuYYM

The rising fastball is an optical illusion.
My son hit85 mph this summer in a game. Not bad for a fourteen year old who just learned how to pitch. After having a friend teach him how to pitch it is apparent to me how many kids have terrible arm wrecking mechanics. There are not enough knowledgeable baseball coaches at Little League levels especially when it comes to pitching and hitting. I’ve spent years learning to coach his hitting and realize that it’s a lost art in general. All the coaches teach is fielding these days.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Pick a team that you have hopes of actually watching.

The Yankees now want us to pay directly for Yes network. $80 per month. It’s this sort of thing that will detach fans even further from baseball. I miss watching them but I’m not forking out $480 per season to watch them play.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Dodgers are team with great history, loyal fans and they never rain out.
That's right...they don't rain out.

The problem is actually getting the games televised. Their TV contract is the absolute worst contract in all of sports.
Sports net LA is utter trash.
I live in So Cal and don't get the games unless I stream them.
my wife's Amazon Prime account allows free baseball games. at least when they put a 5 spot on colorado in the first inning a week ago it was.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
if you live near a AAA team, then root for the parent team. always fun to watch the kids move up to the majors. my employer gives out free tix every year to see the columbus clippers so i've seen a few stars actually move up to the majors. (indians farm team).

Psycho_X

Legend
I vote staying with Cardinals but I'm a bit biased. Also, Wrigley field is a gigantic toilet.

Talk to me about these following options:

Red Sox - Boston, nuff said
Pirates - Pittsburgh I don't have a negative bias for but the Pirates have and probably will continue to suck so yeah.
Phillies - Philadelphia, nuff said

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
@ScotsRam you sure you really want to follow baseball? It's honestly too long to sit and watch an entire game. Think of watching a full cricket game. Yes, it's really like that.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Thanks Mem, that really clears that up :wow2:
Maybe I can help a little.

5 innings. If the starter leaves the game but ahead, he is still responsible for runners he put on. If runners he left don't score enough to tie or take the lead, he can still be the winning pitcher as long as his team doesn't relenquish the lead.

A loss is awarded when a starting pitcher leaves at any point when trailing if the other team never relenquishes the lead.

If a win or loss cannot be awarded to the starter, it goes to one of the relievers.

If I got this wrong or if it's still clear as mud, maybe someone else can chime in.