Hekker / trade block / Renegotiated

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If we trade or move on from Hekker, it’s we need the cap $.
Been discussed ad nauseum, there's very little cap savings "right now"
If Hekker is going to stick around, he's got to take a pay cut.
Just cant be paying a punter 4 mill +
I think the Rams are hoping someone <cough, cough, Dallas, cough> will pony up and throw a late round pick at them for him, otherwise he might get cut.
I dont want him leaving, but we could do worse than with Bojo, and he surely wont be available if/when he's cut

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Steve the Pirate Approves this message

View attachment 47553

But Patches Ohoulihan was too busy drinking his urine

View attachment 47554
Thanks for the photos but I have a couple points.

First off, your post suggests criticism of Patches' drink preference. Not unlike Peter La Fleur did in the movie.

Patches explained it ... 'It's sterile and I like the the taste.'

Second, and just a personal observation, one of my favorite lines came late in the movie from the character Owen.

Steve-the-Pirate had dressed as a pirate for the entire movie, and began most every line with a 'Grrrr ...'. Late in the film, Steve is nowhere to be found and someone asks ... 'Where is Steve-the-Pirate?'

Owen appears surprised and confused, asking ... 'We have a pirate on the team?'

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Can Hekker please get over the COVID protocol & let The Rams trade him to Dallas already. Mcvay said it complicates things,so let’s get rid of this guy already.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Can Hekker please get over the COVID protocol & let The Rams trade him to Dallas already. Mcvay said it complicates things,so let’s get rid of this guy already.

Really dude?
So one of the best punters ever, a guy who's always been a class act, who at one point was practically single handedly responsible for half our wins - thats what he deserves?

Yeah Johnny!!! Hurry up and get over your stupid deadly illness so we can dump you for some cap relief...

We're one bad injury away on offense from needing a great fucking punter this season. Maybe the new shoe is good. Maybe Johnny won't ever be as good as he once was... but if I was running this team, I'll take my chances with Donald, Ramsey and Co. on Defense and Johnny Hekker at punter... we might not score like it's 2018... but we would never be an easy team to beat.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
FWIW one thing besides the ability on fake punts that goes unnoticed is Hekker's ability to hold for field goals. Over the years, he's done extraordaniary. I'm on board with what is best for the Rams, but I am interested on who will hold for Gay on field goals, is it Bojo or Wolford? Bojorquez did hold for the Bills.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
FWIW one thing besides the ability on fake punts that goes unnoticed is Hekker's ability to hold for field goals. Over the years, he's done extraordaniary. I'm on board with what is best for the Rams, but I am interested on who will hold for Gay on field goals, is it Bojo or Wolford? Bojorquez did hold for the Bills.

Exactly Den. I brought that up too my Brudda.

Holding for FGs and XP attempts is a real skill. Especially if you're extremely good at it like Hek. It can make a tremendous difference for your stupid kickers kicking percentage... and it can be all the difference in the world on long FGs.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Got a bad feeling Hekker is done. Hope I'm wrong, but McVay not endorsing him speaks volumes to me.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
With the Rams FO doing so much bargain shopping and budget cutting I'm beginning to worry about this season and the next and the next.

MarkyMark

Rams fan for Life!!
Name
Mark
We need to keep him. I loved when we used him in trick special team plays!! I'm not sure why we went away from that. He brings a lot of energy to the team too. I really like the guy, so I hoping we don't get rid of him.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Got a bad feeling Hekker is done. Hope I'm wrong, but McVay not endorsing him speaks volumes to me.
If either Les or Sean start refering to him as a "great human being," you know the dude is history.

dang

Legend
Was this meant to be blue text? If not that’s some cold shit towards one of the Rams all time greats.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
We need to keep him. I loved when we used him in trick special team plays!! I'm not sure why we went away from that. He brings a lot of energy to the team too. I really like the guy, so I hoping we don't get rid of him.

I kind of think there are multiple reasons for the trick plays going away. One being the loss of Bones. Another being that one trick play Bones called that Mcvay was clearly not on the same page with the call - honestly think that play led to the parting of Bones. And another being Mcvay not really having the philosophy of having trick plays installed into his game plans - such trick plays are very much a piece of the Fisher coaching philosophy. One of the greatest trick plays of all times leading Fisher and the Titans to a super bowl appearance and loss to our Rams.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Really dude?
So one of the best punters ever, a guy who's always been a class act, who at one point was practically single handedly responsible for half our wins - thats what he deserves?

Yeah Johnny!!! Hurry up and get over your stupid deadly illness so we can dump you for some cap relief...

We're one bad injury away on offense from needing a great fucking punter this season. Maybe the new shoe is good. Maybe Johnny won't ever be as good as he once was... but if I was running this team, I'll take my chances with Donald, Ramsey and Co. on Defense and Johnny Hekker at punter... we might not score like it's 2018... but we would never be an easy team to beat.
Keep your Johnny Hekker Center Fold close to the Night Stand. I’m ready for a fresh start. The Rams have enough Red Heads already.
I’d rather have the kick coverage in great form. You can appreciate him & not saying I haven’t. Just imo ,but he also has other tools that made him an All-Pro. Like holding & being able to throw when need,keeping the coverage honest.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame

I get your drift @El Chapo Jr

As of today, it feels like it's 50/50 at best Hekker is going to make the 53 man.
R.26c6c7a5ef6af7c075ca9cad3aa638d8

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I get your drift @El Chapo Jr

As of today, it feels like it's 50/50 at best Hekker is going to make the 53 man.
R.26c6c7a5ef6af7c075ca9cad3aa638d8
Saying his situation complicates things on what to do with him made me think he was done.
Mcvay still always talks about what a player means or meant to The Team.
Like he & Snead said it is more than just a one person decision with Hekker. He has been a Ram since Snead & well before Mcvay.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Was this meant to be blue text? If not that’s some cold shit towards one of the Rams all time greats.
Yeah - nope.. bye bye Johnny bye bye.It’s time to go. He made his &
imo it is his time. Another Fisher guy gone. Yes- I know AD99 & Big Rob are sort of the exception.Tyler Higbee should have another breakout season. When it’s time it’s time.
—There was that saying about punters are players to?

Donnie Jones needed to go before Johnny.I think The Rams Punter now
will be alright.

dang

Legend
Yeah - nope.. bye bye Johnny bye bye.It’s time to go. He made his &
imo it is his time. Another Fisher guy gone. Yes- I know AD99 & Big Rob are sort of the exception.Tyler Higbee should have another breakout season. When it’s time it’s time.
—There was that saying about punters are players to?

Donnie Jones needed to go before Johnny.I think The Rams Punter now
will be alright.
Straight up cold shit bro.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Straight up cold shit bro.
Iyo - he’ll look good holding for The Leg.Saw the photo of that group in Oxnard. He was the missing link.
It was a surprise The Rams cut Corey B. Then now having to resign him.IMO that is on Johnny as well.

I saw Bruuuce go to the 9ers ,now that is cold blooded.