Giants' Janoris Jenkins tweets insult to fan during practice/ Giants Release Jenkins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
On his Twitter account some people are actually defending him calling a fan a "retard". Unbelievable.

He's been talking a lot about not liking the Giants DC, and that's going to put you in the the seat. The interview in the locker room left the Giants with no choice. Defending himself was a stupid move.

All he had to do was delete the tweet and apologize.

I like JJ, always have. But this was really effing dumb of him.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Some
On his Twitter account some people are actually defending him calling a fan a "retard". Unbelievable.

He's been talking a lot about not liking the Giants DC, and that's going to put you in the the seat. The interview in the locker room left the Giants with no choice. Defending himself was a stupid move.

All he had to do was delete the tweet and apologize.

I like JJ, always have. But this was really effing dumb of him.
seems to me like he wanted to move on anyway just another example of guys forcing their way out. The Giants are gonna be bad for awhile now and as we know as Rams fans when the offense is so inept it makes the defense appear worse than they are cause their constantly on the field.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
Jenkins has issues. We knew that drafting him. Also Snead and Fisher kept him on a short leash with conditions.

Fisher suspended him a game also. Just a matter of time this kind of "me not we" reared its ugly head.

He will find a spot. He is pretty good at what he does.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
OMG
Another Great Les Snead decision proved!

Last edited:

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
Personally I don't want him on our team, but I applaud him calling a fan a "retard". Getting tired of the rules only applying to some people. Fans are the worst! :cool:

RamsInfiniti

Rookie
Personally I don't want him on our team, but I applaud him calling a fan a "retard". Getting tired of the rules only applying to some people. Fans are the worst! :cool:

Not arguing with the premise, but he tried to justify the use of the word because apparently it's use is acceptable in his "hood".

Do we really need to explore that double-standard?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

Wow.

Just wow.

You applaud that?

Again..........wow.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If he clears waivers I would definitely pick him up for the playoff push. With the way our dline is playing having 2 top tier guys and Hill playing man is a scary thought. He will be cheap and looking to prove himself again

Jacobarch

Legend
Name
Jake
Was JJ even any good anymore? I seem to remember seeing him getting burned multiple times on NFL highlights over the last couple years?

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
If he clears waivers I would definitely pick him up for the playoff push. With the way our dline is playing having 2 top tier guys and Hill playing man is a scary thought. He will be cheap and looking to prove himself again

Nah, I think our team chemistry is good right now. No reason to mess with it. Hill is playing well and is a good compliment to Ramsey.

Psycho_X

Legend
They are just doing him a favor at this point. Seasons almost over and he’s collected almost all the money they gave him in that huge contract at this point. Might get picked up by a playoff team needing a late season boost. Even if a bad team claims him it won’t be worse than the dumpster that is the Giants currently. More than likely he becomes a free agent and probably gets another decent payday from someone. He’s still an ok cb minus the controversy.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nah, I think our team chemistry is good right now. No reason to mess with it. Hill is playing well and is a good compliment to Ramsey.
Adding Jenkins won’t mess up the chemistry guy still know a lot of the people on the team it’s all about adding talent for cheap

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’m all for players defending themselves from fans hiding behind anon on the internet. But you have to be smart about it with your choice of words. I’m the least SJW person there is but it’s just not smart to call somebody a retard.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Adding Jenkins won’t mess up the chemistry guy still know a lot of the people on the team it’s all about adding talent for cheap

Could be. We do have a good core group of guys. I'd be more inclined if JJ played OL tho. :D

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I’m all for players defending themselves from fans hiding behind anon on the internet. But you have to be smart about it with your choice of words. I’m the least SJW person there is but it’s just not smart to call somebody a retard.
Its definitely not smart.
However. It's still just name calling. (Still ill advised and insensitive)
People are acting like he beat his kids and girlfriend. He's a young man with maturity issues.

I dont think Jenkins will every be accused of being a genius.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
Wow.

Just wow.

You applaud that?

Again..........wow.

Yeah, I understand the issue some may have, but yes, I'm sick of the PC world we live in and the constant indignant attitude towards people, demanding apologies etc.

But onto more football stuff..... I thought Janoris was a steal under Fisher, but his football play hasn't gone anywhere but down over the last couple of years.

He reminds me too much of Brown.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Yeah, I understand the issue some may have, but yes, I'm sick of the PC world we live in and the constant indignant attitude towards people, demanding apologies etc.

But onto more football stuff..... I thought Janoris was a steal under Fisher, but his football play hasn't gone anywhere but down over the last couple of years.

He reminds me too much of Brown.
Careful, you're talking to PC Les. Defender of women and special needs people everywhere...... Whether they want/need it or not!!!!, I am sure I have offended many, many people with this post....all the peoples.

I am so sick of everyone and their pet getting upset over Every. Damn. Thing.

/flamesuiton

Ram65

Legend
Retard, when used as a verb is to refer to delay or hold back in terms of progress or development, or to be delayed.[1] As a noun, it is considered a dated, offensive and pejorative term when used to refer to a person who has a mental disability.[2] It was previously used as a genuine term in medical contexts, though has since been succeeded with the term "intellectual disability" in many laws and documents throughout countries in the world. It is also used as an informal term to refer to a foolish or stupid person, though this informal usage has been viewed by many as controversial, mainly due to confusion to the words' history as a medical term.[3]

The word "retard" originally came from Latin, a synonym of "slow". It entered the English language in the 15th century, and was used to refer to delaying or holding back in terms of progress or development.[4] The word "decelerate" would succeed "retard" overtime. "Retard" first became known as a medical term in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, when medical texts began to describe children with "retarded mental development".[5] Up until around the 1960s, the terms "moron", "idiot", "cretin" and "imbecile" were all genuine terms to refer to people with mental intellectual disabilities and low intelligence. These words were discontinued in that form when concerns arose that they were offensive, with "retard" and "retarded" replacing them.[6] Since then, the terms "handicapped" (United States) and "disabled" (United Kingdom) have replaced "retard" and "retarded". In 2010, despite not typically being used in official context, "mental retardation" was still written in many of the United States' laws and documents, considered by many to be outdated. Barack Obama replaced the term with "intellectual disability" with the approval of Rosa's Law—which would require these laws and documents to phase out the terms with the "intellectual disability" term.[7]
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Everyone has not caught on to the change of using the label retard or retarded. I think it's still used here on occasion.

Would it have made a difference if he wrote you are intellectually disabled or intellectually challenged?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.