Get Cleveland on the phone

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did that change? I thought another team could sign a franchised player but would have to pay the current team 2 1s. Is that no longer the case?
I dont think its changed, there are two tags, Exclusive and Non-exclusive. If they tag him with the non-exclusive tag he can sign with another team and the Rams would get opportunity to match, or receive 2 1st round picks. If they tag him exclusive, he cant negotiate elsewhere and therefore cant sign anywhere.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
it wont happen this year but if AD keeps asking for the opt out like reported something has to give. everyone keeps blaming the Rams front office but something else is going on IMO.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I remember my first bong hit...

I might remember the year, although i'm afraid that's about the best I can do other than realize how much better it got in the 70's. Those 5 finger bags of mostly Mexican shake were good on quantity in the late 60's, but paying double for half the amount in the 70's was well worth the evolution brought on by Thai sticks, Hawaiian, Vietnamese and northern California Sensemilla. Who would have imagined back then that the new millennium would bring about prices sometimes well over $400 per ounce with many of the new strains ?

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Can't wait for the NFL schedule/draft to be announced so this thread can die in the bowels of oblivion.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
it wont happen this year but if AD keeps asking for the opt out like reported something has to give. everyone keeps blaming the Rams front office but something else is going on IMO.

Lemme squash one thing.

It was me who speculated that because money wasn’t the issue that the hold up was something contractual in the language. I put out some options, one of them was an opt out clause.

And that made sense considering what AD was faced with...years of losing under Fisher and a new Young HC. I could see why if AD signed a mega contract that he’d want an opt out clause so that he wasn’t stuck on a loser or have exactly what ended up happening to Suh happen to him.

Now that he knows McVay and sees what the new regime functions like, it’s unlikely anything contractual will be an obstacle.

But it was me who put out there that it might be an opt out. It wasn’t reported and I have no source.

I only make this clarification so that you don’t end up passing on bad info.

Be well.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
This is what I find to be most impressive:

cleve.jpg

what other post has received this diversity of reactions?!!

Well done @JR55 Well done sir. You have been fully immersed in ROD brotherhood. Feel the love.

View attachment 24546

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
As another side note, if our mods were true snowflakes, and not the chill bosses we know them to be, imagine if they booted JR THAT Day.

Would that be some sort of record? Just sayin’.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The first 2 words were "Aaron Donald". I'm sure you read further.

it's elementary my dear jr55.

the heading of the thread is "get cleveland on the phone". the first two words are aaron donald.

teams don't call other teams to see how they're going, they call them to see if they are interested in a trade for a player or picks. now seeing the name aaron donald straight away @HitStick assumed you want the rams to trade ad to the browns. he is obviously vehemently against this idea so he didn't bother reading anymore of your post.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Aaron Donald may be the best player in the game but I don't believe the Rams should be paying QB money to a DT. Now that we have Suh, he can replace Donald. We all know that Goff will eventually get big $ and if we want to be able to afford to keep Peters, Cooks, Gurley and perhaps Joyner and Suh, I think we need to trade Aaron Donald. If I were Les Snead, I'd give Cleveland a call and offer them Donald for pics 4, 33 and 35. With the # 4 pick, they could get Wade his pass rusher, Bradley Chubb or if they wanted, they could probably turn around and trade the # 4 pick to Buffalo for pics 12 and 22. Cleveland has the money to pay Donald and Gregg Williams would be doing cartwheels to pair Myles Garrett with Aaron Donald.
Don't let this baptism by fire get you down.
You just keep on, keepin' on brother.(y)

JR55

UDFA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
These posts aren't getting me down. Some are actually funny. Bottom line, we're all Ram fans and want our team to win Super Bowls. I posted what I felt the Rams should do and most of you have a different opinion than me on this subject that's all. Go Rams!!!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
These posts aren't getting me down. Some are actually funny. Bottom line, we're all Ram fans and want our team to win Super Bowls. I posted what I felt the Rams should do and most of you have a different opinion than me on this subject that's all. Go Rams!!!

Good for you. You need a thick hide to post on this site.

Btw if AD's contract requests ever get to the point where they're ridiculous, I want him traded as well. However, we're not at that point, as far as I know, and hopefully something can be worked out that pleases him without destroying the cap. I have total faith in Snead and Demoff to pull that off.

On another note: some members seem to need a daily reminder what constitutes the fair use of 'chill' and 'inappropriate.' Here's a hint, don't use them simply because you don't agree with another member's point of view. The ones on this thread have been removed.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Love your attitude.

Badfinger

RamStalk Refugee
Name
-
If this site requires a thick hide, what does RamStalk require? Body armor? A tank?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
OK - I like AD more than any other player in the NFL right now. He is a transcendent player and almost a lock for the HOF. I think he makes the defense WAY better and is a player you try to keep at ALMOST any cost. Now if I back away a bit and consider where we are right now, I still think the best move is to pay the man and keep him in horns. But if he were to hold out again while under contract because he was asking for QB type money and I was the Rams brass? I would have to think unemotionally and consider a huge trade offer that could potentially bring us a LT, maybe Vita, and an edge rusher while freeing us up to pay everyone else we have coming due.

Sorry but at some point you have to get unemotional and not let one player cripple you as if you had two elite starting QBs.