GDT: Super Bowl LV: Chiefs vs Buccaneers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nah, fam. I'm so not here for that passive aggressive stuff. I don't care if I'm in a lake or not.

Most of us are too old for that shit... for real. Passive aggressiveness should have died with disco.
Btw, talking indirectly about folks, and casting aspersions without directly calling them out is the definition of passive aggressive
If we are talking about @TexasRam post, and my response to it, it's a shame that the satire was missed (IE "the boat")
I myself and extremely pumped to see what the offense looks like with Stafford, and I think he and McVay will be awesome together. But that doesnt mean that I cant also believe that Goff was overly criticized (comes with the QB territory IMO) and is/was a far better player than many credit him for.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well Brady’s been playing since Christ was a child so...

See that's where you're incorrect sir as some people believe that Tom Brady himself is the Lord & Savior especially the Officials of the National Football League.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'm goin' commando rn, so no such luck with me...

Also, all this passive aggressive nonsense masquerading poorly as satire isn't helping.

We get it. Some folks may never be okay with this trade and seek to mock the Goff criticisms at every fucking opportunity.

Even if you're right (not remotely close, but whatever), Goff's gone and not coming back.

Check with the mods to open a Vent thread if you just HAVE TO continue to shit on the trade...but this shit is popping up in every damn thread.

I do know that this passive aggressive shit is tired and it's barely been a week. The idea of going through the next 6 months wading through this "satire" is enough to let you guys just have the place.

Shit is toxic af, it's not funny (any assertions to the contrary notwithstanding), and it always devolves into back and forths between posters.

It's not GoffOnDemand...ffs. At the very least, can it be contained to one thread that those of us who have no interest in this can just avoid?

It shouldn't be hard to understand that this board has many members who up until a couple weeks ago had never given one shit about Matt Stafford but for the last five years they have given a lot of shits about Jared Goff. Good posters and die hard Rams fans that you know will be on board when the season starts.... But right now a lot of us feel differently than you do. And that's supposed to be okay.
Right now on ROD, if a poster makes a comment even remotely able to be interpreted as being in defense of Goff or one that even questions Staffords ability to singlehandedly deliver us a title, they get a bunch of negative responses, pushback, lectures on how that was then this is now etc.
They get told to stop talking about former players, but the message is clear: its fine to talk about Goff as long as it's to insult him or dig at those who supported him.
I'm sure thats not what you want it to feel like or look like but it is how it feels, that is how it looks.
Jmo.

Psycho_X

Legend
Btw, talking indirectly about folks, and casting aspersions without directly calling them out is the definition of passive aggressive
If we are talking about @TexasRam post, and my response to it, it's a shame that the satire was missed (IE "the boat")
I myself and extremely pumped to see what the offense looks like with Stafford, and I think he and McVay will be awesome together. But that doesnt mean that I cant also believe that Goff was overly criticized (comes with the QB territory IMO) and is/was a far better player than many credit him for.

Honestly, I was speed reading posts that day to get caught up on everything and scanned "not evolving in Reids system", "wife distracting him", and no touchdowns being an issue. So, you know, being in a thread about the Super Bowl and how some media had begun attacking Mahomes play that morning I wasn't anticipating a long, satirical diatribe trying to be cute regarding Goff. I know, stupid fucking me for not assuming every thread will now devolve into the same dumbass conversations.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Honestly, I was speed reading posts that day to get caught up on everything and scanned "not evolving in Reids system", "wife distracting him", and no touchdowns being an issue. So, you know, being in a thread about the Super Bowl and how some media had begun attacking Mahomes play that morning I wasn't anticipating a long, satirical diatribe trying to be cute regarding Goff. I know, stupid fucking me for not assuming every thread will now devolve into the same dumbass conversations.
Sorry we didnt check with your schedule before posting....
But to be clear, it wasnt a satirical diatribe about Goff, it was a satirical diatribe about the relentless, over the top, ridiculous criticisms on Goff, his personal life, rumors etc...
Too bad you missed it

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It shouldn't be hard to understand that this board has many members who up until a couple weeks ago had never given one shit about Matt Stafford but for the last five years they have given a lot of shits about Jared Goff. Good posters and die hard Rams fans that you know will be on board when the season starts.... But right now a lot of us feel differently than you do. And that's supposed to be okay.
Right now on ROD, if a poster makes a comment even remotely able to be interpreted as being in defense of Goff or one that even questions Staffords ability to singlehandedly deliver us a title, they get a bunch of negative responses, pushback, lectures on how that was then this is now etc.
They get told to stop talking about former players, but the message is clear: its fine to talk about Goff as long as it's to insult him or dig at those who supported him.
I'm sure thats not what you want it to feel like or look like but it is how it feels, that is how it looks.
Jmo.
Spot on
Thank you

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I'm goin' commando rn, so no such luck with me...

Also, all this passive aggressive nonsense masquerading poorly as satire isn't helping.

We get it. Some folks may never be okay with this trade and seek to mock the Goff criticisms at every fucking opportunity.

Even if you're right (not remotely close, but whatever), Goff's gone and not coming back.

Check with the mods to open a Vent thread if you just HAVE TO continue to shit on the trade...but this shit is popping up in every damn thread.

I do know that this passive aggressive shit is tired and it's barely been a week. The idea of going through the next 6 months wading through this "satire" is enough to let you guys just have the place.

Shit is toxic af, it's not funny (any assertions to the contrary notwithstanding), and it always devolves into back and forths between posters.

It's not GoffOnDemand...ffs. At the very least, can it be contained to one thread that those of us who have no interest in this can just avoid?

Since a couple of others have recently chimed in here with my thoughts I'll be brief, so speaking for myself;

1) This is the SB thread, Mahomes obviously played "poorly" - some of us like to point out how a good QB can all of not put up numbers whilst running for his life every time he drops back sort of like the last time in the SB a young QB (nowhere near Mahomes level) failed to advance the ball to the EZ, that Satire (the TexasRam post) had every right in the world to be on this thread. (yes, yes, yes, Goff has clearly more negative issues than Mahomes we are well aware of this)

2) Well aware Goff isn't coming back, in fact obviously there was something behind the scenes that mandated his moving on. I'm 100% on board with Stafford. (to me this was the "missing the boat") thing

3) Not seeing the Passive Aggressive you speak of, could it be a reach?

It's toxic only if you let it be.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Psycho_X

Legend
Sorry we didnt check with your schedule before posting....
But to be clear, it wasnt a satirical diatribe about Goff, it was a satirical diatribe about the relentless, over the top, ridiculous criticisms on Goff, his personal life, rumors etc...
Too bad you missed it

Apology accepted.

"Wasn't a satirical diatribe about Goff"... "Was a satirical diatribe .... on Goff"

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes, your post was.

Nobody enjoys a missed sacrasm. That is sacrilegious. But a sarcasm of a sarcasm... that's just sarcasm for the sake of sarcasm. But still not as fun as a sacrasm.
I suggest you get a dictionary. You created a straw man with your quote. Who were you quoting?
For instance, I am quoting YOU here:
" I know, stupid fucking me for not assuming every thread will now devolve into the same dumbass conversations." It's great that you understand your shortcomings, but the conversation was about Mahomes, you might want to take that up with the folks who brought Goff in to it if you feel that way. And I dont think its boar policy to be so insulting of other opinions, but I'll leave that up to the mods

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
And the Goff (who isn’t even a Ram anymore) debate takes out yet another thread...smh....

Ellard80

Legend
Yes, your post was.

Nobody enjoys a missed sacrasm. That is sacrilegious. But a sarcasm of a sarcasm... that's just sarcasm for the sake of sarcasm. But still not as fun as a sacrasm.

Yeah i didn't read every post after it.. but right when he posted it i saw some responses that people didn't get he was being tongue in cheek.

Psycho_X

Legend
I suggest you get a dictionary. You created a straw man with your quote. Who were you quoting?
For instance, I am quoting YOU here:
" I know, stupid fucking me for not assuming every thread will now devolve into the same dumbass conversations." It's great that you understand your shortcomings, but the conversation was about Mahomes, you might want to take that up with the folks who brought Goff in to it if you feel that way. And I dont think its boar policy to be so insulting of other opinions, but I'll leave that up to the mods

edit: Eh, whatever. We can bullshit back and forth all day.

Last edited:

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

No. I specifically did not call out any specific poster mindfully because it’s not restricted to just his post.

I was making a more general point although his post was foremost in my mind.

I agree with both your points about Goff, btw and am also excited about Stafford.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Jmo.

it is okay. And I say something when someone just says just move on. I agree wholeheartedly that people need time to

I think we can both acknowledge that there’s a significant difference between celebrating Goff’s accomplishments or his abilities and being snarky and toxic.

That’s really my only issue.