GDT: Super Bowl LV: Chiefs vs Buccaneers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
The game was basically penalty after penalty with the Chiefs just getting manhandled at both line of scrimmages. Chiefs oline vs Bucs dline was like watching JV practicing against varsity. And the commercials sucked. And the fajitas we fixed kinda made me sick. So fuck Tom Brady just because.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I think Buffalo wished they had this refereeing crew two weeks ago... because that "sticky" coverage really bit the Chiefs in the ass early and often.

Oh, and Tyrann Mathieu talking shit to Brady was never gonna end well for him... WHY would you talk shit to Brady? That's like talking shit to Jordan or Kobe.

TexasRam

Legend
Mahomes is clearly not evolving and growing in Reid’s system.

His Zero TDs showed he struggles reading the field and processing in big games during pressure situations.

Not sure what is going on but he has clearly regressed from a year ago and just didn’t look like the same player that lead the top offense.

Maybe his new wife is distracting him and the reason we never hear stories of him spending extra time at practice or in the film room.

There are rumors he has been drinking a little and partying more. I saw an article on the internet somewhere, but sorry can’t remember where. It did look legit tho.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

His Zero TDs showed he struggles reading the field and processing in big games during pressure situations.

Not sure what is going on but he has clearly regressed from a year ago and just didn’t look like the same player that lead the top offense.

Maybe his new wife is distracting him and the reason we never his stories of him spending extra time at practice or in the film room.

There are rumors he has been drinking a little and partying more. I saw an article on the internet somewhere, but sorry can’t remember where. I am sure it was legit.

How droll...
iu

Psycho_X

Legend

Maybe his new wife is distracting him and the reason we never hear stories of him spending extra time at practice or in the film room.

There are rumors he has been drinking a little and partying more. I saw an article on the internet somewhere, but sorry can’t remember where. It did look legit tho.

Man, even Mahomes can’t run from the QB flaying when his team loses. The kid was literallly running for his life every play. When you’re up against Suh, with no offensive line, every play is a ticking time bomb to get injured. But despite that the dude was still whipping dimes while Jedi mind floating in air for half a second.

cant do anything when you give this effort and it still bounces off hands and face masks.

View: https://twitter.com/geoffschwartz/status/1358758684856360961?s=21

View: https://twitter.com/espnstatsinfo/status/1358624092170125316?s=21

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

And did you see how much better the offense was when the backup QB Henne came in and played? The team was so pumped when he made that crucial 1st down and iced the game against the Browns. Sure he threw an awful INT that could have cost the game and they only scored 3 points, but you could tell that he could just ball!

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME

Aww sweetie, your passive aggressiveness is cute. Nice try ;)

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Man you guys need to stop.
It wasn't. It really, really wasn't. It was just the thought in my mind as I watched Mahomes do exactly what my coworker said he wouldn't - be as ineffective as our "previous QB" was.
He said Rams/Pats was the worst SB he had ever watched. He was excited because "Mahomes vs Brady will put on a show".

Well, if he thought that, I'm sure many others did too... and they were wrong.

Tonight sucked. The game sucked, work sucked and then ROD, one place that doesn't suck, essentially told me I need to not bring up something from 2 superbowls ago because it wasn't relevant... when it was literally a parallel story line for Rams fans biggest game in the last 20 years.

Mahomes, "the young GOAT" himself wasn't good enough to do it on his own tonight. Hopefully everyone can recognize why that might matter to Rams fans right now...

The problem is the context.

The Chiefs starting tackles were both out. A guard opted out before the season.

And to confirm the impact on this game: https://ftw.usatoday.com/2021/02/th...verwhelmed-and-gave-patrick-mahomes-no-chance

Mahomes was pressured more than any QB in Super Bowl history.

The above is not remotely similar to what the Rams dealt with in the Super Bowl against the Patriots, hence the comment made little sense. And aside from all that, without even looking I'd wager that the Bucs had a better pass rush and defense overall than what the Patriots had against us - I'm not sure any of us could name one of their pass rushers from that game without looking it up.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And did you see how much better the offense was when the backup QB Henne came in and played? The team was so pumped when he made that crucial 1st down and iced the game against the Browns. Sure he threw an awful INT that could have cost the game and they only scored 3 points, but you could tell that he could just ball!

It's borderline scary that these types of posts are happening.

IIRC, ROD was made, in part because of other sites being consumed by QB discussions. It seems it might also be destroyed by it with posts like this.

Psycho_X

Legend
It's borderline scary that these types of posts are happening.

IIRC, ROD was made, in part because of other sites being consumed by QB discussions. It seems it might also be destroyed by it with posts like this.

Honestly I can't tell who's being sarcastic and who isn't anymore so if it's not colored blue I'm just assuming they are serious. But I'm assuming most of these are being sarcastic. But nothing would surprise me anymore.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I don’t know, but I’m getting his jersey because I now have hope.
Well I have hope he stays healthy for more than the 1st half of the season with this line. 2nd half is when the league figures out the offense and the line starts to get bull rushed into the qb.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
They didn’t have free agency either, they didn’t have a salary cap. Teams could hold on star players for years and never turn over a team.

They didn’t have free agency either, they didn’t have a salary cap. Teams could hold on star players for years and never turn over a team. In the case of SF they spent money like mad to bolster the roster with stars on defense.

Brady plays in a NFL that has faster, more athletic defenders. Shit when Bradshaw played they were smoking on the sidelines lol.

should we discuss the tuckrule, spy gate and other issues? Brady is a great QB and in the discussion for greatest but he might have been out of the league before he played in 3 Super Bowls if he took hits like the old days. The NFL made rules to protect Brady.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Used to hold a strong grudge against Brady; now it just feels nice not caring if he wins or loses, good for him

Props to the Bucs defense for finding a blueprint to neutralizing Mahomes albeit Chiefs were without their two starting tackles. They're going to be a test if our team can make a deep playoff run.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg

LOL, Hilarious how some get their panties in such a wad over satire

That was pretty funny and yes even a little spot on

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Schlereth on The Herd this AM just pointed out that Reid went full-Martz yesterday refusing to adjust to Tampa’s D game-plan and insisted on winning “their way,”...