GAME DAY GDT: Steelers at Rams - Game Day Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Agreed. Higbee's drop and the ensuing FG miss flipped the momentum.

Durant is playing an extremely difficult role. He has looked quite good at times and not so good at other times. He's a young dude who played at a FCS program. He has the potential to be a good player. I'm letting him play through it. I don't trust Kendrick. He's a bad decision maker and an average athlete. I know they want him for his size, but I'd rather sacrifice size to avoid his back-breaking mistakes at the worst times.
I'll agree to disagree on Durant, but Kendrick I'm totally on board with you on that one. I was all about saying he was to slow (physically and apparently mental as well,) to play CB as a starter and he's proving me right, which I honestly hate. Don't get me wrong, our front office has hit on some players, but are totally stubborn on getting rid of players that aren't up to snuff. Kendrick is just the latest in that department.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Hendo looks like he never left
So he is not a NUMBER 1 RB !!

Agree !! Talk 2 OLDBUTNOTDEAD & see what he thinks ??

IMO. - I actually didn’t understand The Rams cutting him & Terrel Lewis,except for them not being Rams again ! Plus helping there future out.

He gets claimed by who else ? Then gets cut or resigned somewhere else ?

Whatever? Just stating feeling,emotions & thoughts

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So he is not a NUMBER 1 RB !!

Agree !! Talk 2 OLDBUTNOTDEAD & see what he thinks ??

IMO. - I actually didn’t understand The Rams cutting him & Terrel Lewis,except for them not being Rams again ! Plus helping there future out.

He gets claimed by who else ? Then gets cut or resigned somewhere else ?

Whatever? Just stating feeling,emotions & thoughts
He's a JAG imo. Doesn't break tackles. He gets what's blocked, and that's about it.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I'll agree to disagree on Durant, but Kendrick I'm totally on board with you on that one. I was all about saying he was to slow (physically and apparently mental as well,) to play CB as a starter and he's proving me right, which I honestly hate. Don't get me wrong, our front office has hit on some players, but are totally stubborn on getting rid of players that aren't up to snuff. Kendrick is just the latest in that department.
I don’t think Kendrick is good, but Durant is the bigger disappointment to me.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Just watched the game. Maher is str8 steamy doodoo. I rather call up Aguayo then to see Maher kick another FG for this team. Man we let this game slip away again. So close yet sooo far…

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
This game was bad on so many levels. Once again it looks like the fix was in, Vegas uses the refs to control the outcome, what a surprise. The NFL is letting the refs determine the outcome of too many games and it is becoming hard to watch.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I wonder how people who bet/lose real money on these games feel about these dumb A$$ refs.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
This game was bad on so many levels. Once again it looks like the fix was in, Vegas uses the refs to control the outcome, what a surprise. The NFL is letting the refs determine the outcome of too many games and it is becoming hard to watch.
Felt like it. Too many games lately.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
He's a JAG imo. Doesn't break tackles. He gets what's blocked, and that's about it.
HENDO was just that.A JAG! He made a huge catch in the Superbowl on 3rd & long.If he doesn’t make that play The Rams lose.He & Cam Akers came into 2022 season out of shape as Mcvay stated.Mcvay rarely speaks bad about players.

IMO Royce it’s the better RB.Yesterday Mcvay screwed up BIGTIME with his play calling to start the 2nd half.Kyren Williams was missed.

I made a statement about The Tams play calling about how they script there plays to start a game.The 2nd half to start with an empty backfield IMO was seriously silly.TJ Watt making the interception shows that.

I guess Mcvay didn’t trust his RB’s?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Felt like it. Too many games lately.
The HOLDING is out of control.Then the PI’s called & not called. That Saints game The Rams won to go to the Superbowl was an example of that.The NFL changed the rule & it was so bad because The Ref’s still couldn’t get it right.
—Saw Ron Rivera say that’s 2 years in a row!! That’s BS.Calling grounding when the ball made it to the line of scrimmage in the mood the field.There’s to many examples.

Tano

Legend
The HOLDING is out of control.Then the PI’s called & not called. That Saints game The Rams won to go to the Superbowl was an example of that.The NFL changed the rule & it was so bad because The Ref’s still couldn’t get it right.
—Saw Ron Rivera say that’s 2 years in a row!! That’s BS.Calling grounding when the ball made it to the line of scrimmage in the mood the field.There’s to many examples.
That grounding call brings up a good point.

I don't think it should be called grounding if it is just a miscommunication between the receiver and the QB

I think grounding should only be called if the QB is clearly trying to get rid of the ball before getting sacked. I know it would be a judgement call but a lot of penalties are clearly judgement calls of the ref right now.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
That grounding call brings up a good point.

I don't think it should be called grounding if it is just a miscommunication between the receiver and the QB

I think grounding should only be called if the QB is clearly trying to get rid of the ball before getting sacked. I know it would be a judgement call but a lot of penalties are clearly judgement calls of the ref right now.

Yep - Stafford gets penalized for playing football the right way as a QB.
All these running QB’s get away with so much more.I hate when Stafford or Rams QB’s clear the tackle & still get called for it on a judgement call because of how that don’t use the hashes the right way.
-Frustrating

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I got a kick out of this:

In the aftermath of a 20-10 loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars on Sunday, an obviously frustrated Diontae Johnson sounded off about the officiating crew that he believes cost the Pittsburgh Steelers the game.

The Steelers wide receiver was especially upset about an offside call on right guard Isaac Seumalo -- who was whistled for lining up in the neutral zone -- that negated a 55-yard Chris Boswell field goal. Boswell's ensuing attempt after the penalty sailed wide right.

If the field goal stood, it would've cut the Jaguars' lead to three going into the half.

"Refs were just killing us the whole game,"

Johnson's final thought was probably something like:
"The Refs gave us last week's game against the Rams ... Why didn't they hand us the game today? It's not fair."