GAME DAY GDT: Steelers at Rams - Game Day Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Sunday October 22, 2023

Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Los Angeles Rams: 4:05 p.m. ET, Fox​

Game Day Thread

The GDT is a live thread tradition here at ROD.

While we all get fired up watching the game, please remember our core principles;we always show respect for our team and each other.

Despite the emotional highs and lows watching a game, we will moderate this thread with that in mind, however please refrain from name calling. This applies to players, the Rams organization, and others.

This is the core rule of the GDT. Moderators are tasked to issue thread bans, at a minimum, to maintain this standard.

This is our team. Win or lose. Good days and bad. We are here for FUN, not to be dragged down.

A more loosely moderated atmosphere can be found in the chat room.

Go Rams!

———

ROD Chat Room;

Game Day Room

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
tenor.gif

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I expect Higbee to have a big game.Last week he did such a good job blocking.He missed his TD pass & see Stafford staying with him.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
JB Long’s game preview is particularly good this week. Lots of interesting things in there.

View: https://x.com/jb_long/status/1715755789217046646?s=61&t=lgp1gRmUcyNSF5v7CIHwMg

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
JB Long’s game preview is particularly good this week. Lots of interesting things in there.

Here he talks about the Rams disadvantage against teams coming off bye’s:

“Bye, Bye, Bye

The Steelers are coming off their bye. The Rams next opponent, the Cowboys, are currently enjoying theirs.

Los Angeles better get used to it. Four of their remaining 11 opponents will be coming off a bye, with the Ravens and Commodes being the other two, also in back-to-back games in December.

I made a note of Warren Sharp’s valuable research this summer: The -17 days of net rest across the season, relative to their opponents, is the most significant scheduling disadvantage Los Angeles has ever had to overcome.

NFL Research layers in some added context, noting that the Steelers have won their last six games coming off a bye and under head coach Mike Tomlin, Pittsburgh is 12-4 after the open date (tied for the best mark in NFL since 2007).”

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
I hope that terrible game in Pittsburgh four years ago rings fresh in everyone’s mind. I hope we jump on them early and don’t release our feet from their throats. Go Rams!!

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hope that terrible game in Pittsburgh four years ago rings fresh in everyone’s mind. I hope we jump on them early and don’t release our feet from their throats. Go Rams!!
I was there for that nightmare. Still pissed about the so called fumble they called on Goff.
Ugly game to watch with the most obnoxious fans there is.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
To me this game is the measuring stick. Last week showed we're better than a lower echelon team. Pittsburgh is likely a .500 caliber team. Better than the Cardinals. If we think we are a legit playoff team this is a game we have to win. A loss and those questions start to pop up again. A win and it reinforces our belief that this is a team who should make the playoffs.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Here he talks about the Rams disadvantage against teams coming off bye’s:

“Bye, Bye, Bye

The Steelers are coming off their bye. The Rams next opponent, the Cowboys, are currently enjoying theirs.

Los Angeles better get used to it. Four of their remaining 11 opponents will be coming off a bye, with the Ravens and Commodes being the other two, also in back-to-back games in December.

I made a note of Warren Sharp’s valuable research this summer: The -17 days of net rest across the season, relative to their opponents, is the most significant scheduling disadvantage Los Angeles has ever had to overcome.

NFL Research layers in some added context, noting that the Steelers have won their last six games coming off a bye and under head coach Mike Tomlin, Pittsburgh is 12-4 after the open date (tied for the best mark in NFL since 2007).”
After trying to take us out of contention early with the brutal start to the schedule, I guess they didn't want to take any chances by scheduling us to play so many teams coming off a bye. We ruined their early season schedule plans by going 3-3. We'll see if the bye thing works for them.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Alot is going to depend on if the Rams can get anything out of the run game and how well they can protect Stafford.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Fuck the steelers! Run it down their throats and get AD some opportunities to feast on QB!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Tomlin brought out the pads pre-Baltimore and got his team in a place where they manhandled a physical Ravens team. They are coming off the bye with extra prep too. Rams now relying on RB depth is bad timing as this is a game we need the backfield.

So I think this one comes down to the Rams OL. Big test for them. Good thing is our defense should be able to handle the other offense.

RamWoodie

Legend
I'm hoping the Rams put together 4 good quarters of football today, they have yet to do that and today would be a great time for that.

I said in another post, Tomlinson's teams tend to get better about this time of the season, so in my mind this could be a really tough game. My key's to a Rams win are:

- On offense McVay has to stay balanced with the pass and the run. Shorten up the pass game for mostly 7-10 yard passes and allow Kupp, Tutu, Puka, and Higbeast to run after the catch. The run game can't fall to McVay getting pass happy. Run wide, inside, and mix in screens too. Keep them off balance. BALL SECURITY IS A MUST TOO...no extra possesions for the Steelers off TOs!

- The O'Line has to keep Stafford upright and against Steeler front line, while Stafford has to be nimble back there and ready to move his feet from pressure. Roll him out from time to time too. Naturally the run blocking has to be good.

- On defense...TACKLE WELL! Keep Pickett guessing with different looks on defense...the guy can run, so keep him in the pocket. The secondary has too keep the receivers in front of them and wrap up! The Steelers will want to keep the Ram offense off the field, so equally the Rams must keep the Steeler defense on the field.

- Special teams naturally always come into play too. ..don't allow returns...give them a long field.

THIS IS WEEK 7...TIME FOR THE RAMS TO MAKE THEIR MOVE and separate themselves from the pretenders!!!