GDT: Rams at Packers 4:30pm ET

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
D got beaten a lot today, but that's what Aaron Rodgers does. The Rams were going to have to put up 30 to have a chance. You can't be that bad on third down and win against a team like that. I don't question his desire, prep or toughness, I just want more play making ability at that position. As long as he's playing I hope he shreds, but I don't see a great QB.

Goff isn't a great QB. He may become one. He may not. The point I'm making is that Goff isn't the sort of guy right now who can drag this offense to success. If the blocking isn't holding up, he's not going to star. And if we don't have guys getting open deep within the structure, Jared isn't going to improvise into big plays. Ultimately, to give Goff the best chance to succeed, we need to strengthen the OL, especially the interior. And adding a deep threat will also help.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
One big advantage for Lafleur is that he knows who Hill is. And targeted him.
Rodgers didn't need Lafleur for that. He's been doing that his entire career. I'm sure the Rams knew that was coming. Not much they can do when the Hall of Fame QB has time to make a ham sandwich while lookin for Hill too. :ROFLMAO:

I think we would have been ok too had pressures been there. That OL beat us just as much as Rodgers did.

Cydekikk

UDFA
Bullshit. Goff's placement was fine today despite playing with his thumb. Goff's play was fine today. And I'm not accusing you of having low expectations. I'm accusing you of having unrealistically high expectations. Goff isn't a magician. He can't block for himself. And he can't get open deep for himself. He did his job today. The defense let the Packers dominate the TOP, and our offensive limitations have been plain to see all year long.
Yes, and IMO, Goff is one of those offensive limitations... It’s Sam Bradford Redux.
Yes, the Oline is definitely a liability, but I’m willing to bet had the two starting QBs been switched this game comes out much differently...

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Same stuff we used to hear per Sam Bradford...
Let’s start with availability...Goff has been, Bradford never was and wasn’t half the player Goff has been.

How many playoffs and Super Bowls did Bradford play in?

Get the fuck outta here with Sam Bradford.:gtfo:

Last edited:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I’m willing to bet had the two starting QBs been switched this game comes out much differently...
I'm willing to bet that if you don't switch the QB's and the best defensive player in the league is healthy this game comes out much differently.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
The time hasn't passed. You'll just have to wait.
With all do respects, Goff is never going to be a win it all Qb,like certain Elites, Never.

He is what he is,an air raid Qb that has trouble with reads and progression. He did have a nice deep ball but didn't see it this year.

Imho if it wasn't for McVay he wouldn't have got a 2nd contract.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
I'm willing to bet that if you don't switch the QB's and the best defensive player in the league is healthy this game comes out much differently.
There's some truth to your post, but Ah A-Rod yesterday was a much better Qb and always had been. Jmho

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The time hasn't passed. You'll just have to wait.
I don't think any more waiting is required. I think we know who he is. He's a gifted passer physically as proven by his high draft position. But mentally the guy is an average processor with iffy vision at best.

So right now the Rams need to decide if that's what they want. And if not try to find a way through that particular minefield. This roster is quite good but some of these key decisions (of which positions like QB and OL loom large) are going to determine playoff potency going forward.

Goff's combination of talents can work and look pretty damn good with a superior OL. But in that business model side do they want a guy who requires a top OL or is it smarter to take your lumps and upgrade or at the least add competition and options.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Didn't see much convo about the 2pt conversion - with the Hook & Ladder: Goff to Jefferson to Akers...
Of course, as good as that was, ya had to know Rodgers was going to curb stomp that action...
2 Point- Hook/Ladder

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think any more waiting is required. I think we know who he is. He's a gifted passer physically as proven by his high draft position. But mentally the guy is an average processor with iffy vision at best.

So right now the Rams need to decide if that's what they want. And if not try to find a way through that particular minefield. This roster is quite good but some of these key decisions (of which positions like QB and OL loom large) are going to determine playoff potency going forward.

Goff's combination of talents can work and look pretty damn good with a superior OL. But in that business model side do they want a guy who requires a top OL or is it smarter to take your lumps and upgrade or at the least add competition and options.

I don't think "we" do. But I don't feel like making the same point for the hundredth time when it's quite clear far too few are patient enough to be willing to wait and see.

TXRams86

The Infamous
I don't think "we" do. But I don't feel like making the same point for the hundredth time when it's quite clear far too few are patient enough to be willing to wait and see.
I respect the hell out of you as a poster and your insight is often second to none. But with all due respect, you're giving your own opinion on Goff. What I think Merlin is saying is that "we", as in the organization, knows that they have in Goff. Correct me if I'm wrong here @Merlin. Goff is going into his 6th year as an NFL quarterback, fourth straight year in this system, and if the Rams haven't figured out what they have in him then that's a huge concern.

Cydekikk

UDFA
Yep... Count me as one who has seen enough of Goff to see that “he is what I think he is.” To paraphrase the late Dennis Green...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I respect the hell out of you as a poster and your insight is often second to none. But with all due respect, you're giving your own opinion on Goff. What I think Merlin is saying is that "we", as in the organization, knows that they have in Goff. Correct me if I'm wrong here @Merlin. Goff is going into his 6th year as an NFL quarterback, fourth straight year in this system, and if the Rams haven't figured out what they have in him then that's a huge concern.
I certainly get where Jrry and others who are steadfastly supporting Goff are coming from. And I think it's admirable too btw.

But yes I am saying there has been enough time. I have looked in detail at every game of Goff's career through those years to include how he's reading and what he's seeing. When he has good protections he can get through his reads. When he doesn't get good protections his processing speed is a problem.

His vision is mediocre too. He's just not a QB who sees the field well. That is not going to change, though better protections also help him to have time to see things and enable the big plays.

IMO we can win with him. Maybe even win it all. We just need a top OL. And from there I think the Rams need to analyze all that and decide what their plan is. Hope it includes Jared because I wanted him in that draft and I still hold him in high regard as a high character player and all that. But that process of analyzing his shortfalls has to happen IMO.