VENT Garbage Game Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rams77

Starter
Man what a difference 2 weeks makes. 2 weeks ago after beating the Patriots on TNF many started considering us NFC favorites.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
The announcers have BEEN WAYYYY too critical of Goff all season. By chance or coincidence or conspiracy, whatever it is, they nitpick his every mistake and then don't say anything of the sort when the same thing happens to opposing QBs.

Doesn't that drive any of you crazy?
Do you even notice?

Its because they are lazy and like to get on an easy narrative and ride it like a horse until it gives out.

i don’t think so. Goff has been bad. The eye ball test speaks volumes. There are QBs like Hurts who has nothing on the oline or at WR making plays. A player like Lock, making plays with no WRs, Hebert with no protection. Even Brandon Allen is making plays with a rookie WR. Mayfield with a bunch of practice squad recievers

line play around the league has been sub par as a whole.

Our oline has not been that bad. Goff has Woods and Kupp as well as Reynold. Good TE play.

Announcers have been fair and I think they right. The QBs above are all rookies and backups outside Mayfield. Announcers where very critical of Wentz before he got benched too. Protectors of Wentz also mentioned no oline and no receivers, now they talk about how great Hurts is.

TexasRam

Legend
Dude, even Goff admits he played like shit and that INT was the dumbest play of his career! Look it up lol.

Woods and Kupp are awful because thcey didn’t make then pro bowl? Not arguing about the line, they sucked! But Goff has continually made very very poor decisions this season, you have to see that right?
yea no one claimed an interception was a good pass. It was a shit throw. Wilson had several as well that were almost picked.

It's when people blamed everything on Goff that is retarded.

It all goes back to skimping on O-line. Mcvay and co. thought they would outsmart everyone. Turns out smoke and mirrors only works for a while. The use of these TE's in blocking is also not built for the NFL I am sorry. These TE's blow it every game in penalties, dropped passes and getting destroyed in the run game. It's tiring. Especially when people can clearly see the dilemna Goff is in and blame him for literally every offensive play that gets stopped. Where is the blame on Henderson for failing to get in with a wide open path to the TD, or blame on Higbee for failing to get a critical block that would have changed momentum?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
i don’t think so. Goff has been bad. The eye ball test speaks volumes. There are QBs like Hurts who has nothing on the oline or at WR making plays. A player like Lock, making plays with no WRs, Hebert with no protection. Even Brandon Allen is making plays with a rookie WR. Mayfield with a bunch of practice squad recievers

line play around the league has been sub par as a whole.

Our oline has not been that bad. Goff has Woods and Kupp as well as Reynold. Good TE play.

Announcers have been fair and I think they right. The QBs above are all rookies and backups outside Mayfield. Announcers where very critical of Wentz before he got benched too. Protectors of Wentz also mentioned no oline and no receivers, now they talk about how great Hurts is.

Goff doesn't seem to have it right now. He was really bad late in the 2nd quarter. Beyond that, it was hard to tell what the problem was. The whole offense looked out of sorts. But frankly, Boston, all of the QBs you named played bad games today outside of Allen and Herbert. Allen was going against a Texans team that has basically quit (Watt chewed them out for their pathetic effort) with a good group of weapons (Tee Higgins is a stud). And Herbert put up good numbers but only led the offense to 19 points. Yeah, Mayfield was without his top 4 WRs, but he still had Hooper, Bryant, and Njoku at TE and Chubb and Hunt at HB against the Jets. He played a worse game than Goff last week.

The big problem for us is that we aren't threatening teams deep. And they're just flooding the short and intermediate ranges with defenders. Pittsburgh has had the same problems of late.

yea no one claimed an interception was a good pass. It was a shit throw. Wilson had several as well that were almost picked.

It all goes back to skimping on O-line. Mcvay and co. thought they would outsmart everyone. Turns out smoke and mirrors only works for a while. The use of these TE's in blocking is also not built for the NFL I am sorry. These TE's blow it every game in penalties, dropped passes and getting destroyed in the run game. It's tiring. Especially when people can clearly see the dilemna Goff is in and blame him for literally every offensive play that gets stopped. Where is the blame on Henderson for failing to get in with a wide open path to the TD, or blame on Higbee for failing to get a critical block that would have changed momentum?

I think the OL would get the job done if they had Whitworth. We could have lost any other player on this OL and been just fine, but Whitworth was the one guy we couldn't afford to lose. They have gone from looking like a very good unit to a very average unit, and the biggest drop off has been in the running game. For me, the big mistake this year has been not having a deep threat. We need to be able to rotate in a WR who has the ability to threaten teams vertically.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've said it before...and I'll say it again

This team will NEVER win a SB with Goff

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

You make Goff sound like a victim. He's not a victim. Not a victim of the OL, or McVay, or anyone else. He's an underperforming QB.

Yeah the line was bad. Yeah the offense lacks a deep threat. But he played like shit. You need to lighten up in your Goff hypersensitivity man.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just watched a video on Youtube about the game, and as usual, Vinodouche's crew was a garbage bin. They called us for those ridiculous illegal contacts. I watched a total of four plays in this video. On both passing plays it reviewed, the Seahawks committed penalties that went uncalled (Griffin grabbed Reynolds on the slant and Adams grabbed Higbee on the ball Goff underthrew as Higbee blew by him). And then I saw for the first time (I expect y'all might have seen it in the game; I wasn't paying close enough attention apparently) that Metcalf punched Reeder in the head and didn't get a personal foul. Fuck Vinodouche. Fat sack of crap.

I should also mention that this wasn't a Rams fan gripe video. It was a video complimenting the Seahawks!

TexasRam

Legend
You make Goff sound like a victim. He's not a victim. Not a victim of the OL, or McVay, or anyone else. He's an underperforming QB.

Yeah the line was bad. Yeah the offense lacks a deep threat. But he played like shit. You need to lighten up in your Goff hypersensitivity man.
It’s called reality. You should watch yeh Mcvay post conference. The reality is nothing like what some so called fans describe or what Aikman thinks. According to Mcvay the play calls sucked and must get better. They repeatedly tried to get him to blame Goff but Mcvay sounded exactly how I sound. He said we had shit play calls bad execution by several people on offense and Goffs interception was one small peice of it.

What I can’t stand is a very ignorant approach that blames the QB every game for the entire game. That is ignorant. Fans can see with their eyes the shit performance of the Oline and TE’s.

I am probably extra sensitive to what the TE’s and Oline are doing because that’s always been my interest and what I review carefully on tape after every game. So I am highly familiar with where the breakdowns are.

These breakdowns go unmentioned every week as the collective ignorant fan base focused on Goff almost exclusively. It’s just retarded in my opinion.

If Goff makes bad plays I call it out as I do all other players.

No run game. No protection. No deep threat. So Goff has to drive the team down the field with elite 3rd down throw after another with very little margin of error. And he does it time after time. Then his running game fails and people rush to this board to tell us Goff sucks. It’s really laughable.

Mahomes played like shit and almost lost to the falcons.
Hurts played like shit.
Wilson played like shit 4 games in a row.
Murray vs Rams and Niners

It happens I get it. No QB plays great every game unless they have a great Oline such as Rodgers and Allen this year.

Im personally pissed that Higbee got thrown like a girl.
I’m pissed that our special teams is garbage.
I’m pissed that Reeder can’t make a third down stop two games in a row.
I’ve been so pissed at Everett all year and think he’s terrible.
I’m pissed at our stupid repetitive plays and lack of picking up free rushers.
I can’t stand Reynolds, he constantly destroys perfect plays.

so since this is a vent thread there ya go. I think I got it out.

on to Arizona.

Last edited:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It’s called reality. You should watch yeh Mcvay post conference. The reality is nothing like what some so called fans describe or what Aikman thinks. According to Mcvay the play calls sucked and must get better. They repeatedly tried to get him to blame Goff but Mcvay sounded exactly how I sound. He said we had shit play calls bad execution by several people on offense and Goffs interception was one small peice of it.

What I can’t stand is a very ignorant approach that blames the QB every game for the entire game. That is ignorant. Fans can see with their eyes the shit performance of the Oline and TE’s.

I am probably extra sensitive to what the TE’s and Oline are doing because that’s always been my interest and what I review carefully on tape after every game. So I am highly familiar with where the breakdowns are.

These breakdowns go unmentioned every week as the collective ignorant fan base focused on Goff almost exclusively. It’s just retarded in my opinion.

If Goff makes bad plays I call it out as I do all other players.

No run game. No protection. No deep threat. So Goff has to drive the team down the field with elite 3rd down throw after another with very little margin of error. And he does it time after time. Then his running game fails and people rush to this board to tell us Goff sucks. It’s really laughable.

Mahomes played like shit and almost lost to the falcons.
Hurts played like shit.
Wilson played like shit 4 games in a row.
Murray vs Rams and Niners

It happens I get it. No QB plays great every game unless they have a great Oline such as Rodgers and Allen this year.

Im personally pissed that Higbee got thrown like a girl.
I’m pissed that our special teams is garbage.
I’m pissed that Reeder can’t make a third down stop two games in a row.
I’ve been so pissed at Everett all year and think he’s terrible.
I’m pissed at our stupid repetitive plays and lack of picking up free rushers.
I can’t stand Reynolds, he constantly destroys perfect plays.

so since this is a vent thread there ya go. I think I got it out.

on to Arizona.

I just can't believe that most of this thread has centred around his horrible interception. That was the least of this offense"s problems.

This offense is putrid. That's a much bigger problem. It's not like there are receivers running free all over the field and goff is missing them by 5 yards.

There's just nothing there. Mcvay has to work out how it got to this stage and remedy the situation in the off season.

…..

Legend
What’s happened to Hekker? Not just this year either. He’s been only so-so now for two seasons. Not worth what we’re paying him.
Whaaaaaat? Ok hes been alittle shallow with his kicks, but he’s the least of our worries.
With Goffs thumb and Hekkers hieght, we might might need him!

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just can't believe that most of this thread has centred around his horrible interception. That was the least of this offense"s problems.

This offense is putrid. That's a much bigger problem. It's not like there are receivers running free all over the field and goff is missing them by 5 yards.

There's just nothing there. Mcvay has to work out how it got to this stage and remedy the situation in the off season.

Or the fact that we get two shots 1 yard from the goaline and our NO-line can’t get any push

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just watched a video on Youtube about the game, and as usual, Vinodouche's crew was a garbage bin. They called us for those ridiculous illegal contacts. I watched a total of four plays in this video. On both passing plays it reviewed, the Seahawks committed penalties that went uncalled (Griffin grabbed Reynolds on the slant and Adams grabbed Higbee on the ball Goff underthrew as Higbee blew by him). And then I saw for the first time (I expect y'all might have seen it in the game; I wasn't paying close enough attention apparently) that Metcalf punched Reeder in the head and didn't get a personal foul. Fuck Vinodouche. Fat sack of crap.

I should also mention that this wasn't a Rams fan gripe video. It was a video complimenting the Seahawks!

I saw that live but the only thing I'll mention is that they gifted us that Goff fumble. Granted we didn't score on 4th down, but if we would have that would have been the refs giving us 7

…..

Legend
As with many others, I feel like you are speaking for me.

Exactly my thoughts and feelings.

Thank you for expressing that so well.

For some it is like blasphemy to be critical of our QB or HC no matter how poorly they performed. I believe McVay is not doing as well as he should and of course I am "stupid" for thinking maybe we need to keep an eye on his recent downward trajectory. But I digress. I just wish we as a group could be more kind and understanding of each other.

I love this team and loyal to the end. I believe McVay is our future and Goff should be on a short leash next year. We need a backup that could be our future. It is not just today but too much his entire career with us.

Tough couple weeks Ramily. Have a very Happy New Year and see you next Sunday!

GO RAMS!!!
Ive witnessed first hand your fanhood. Even though we lost, we can never replace that Atlanta Super Bowl memory.

Because of that, You get to say what you want, when ever you want in my book. And I will always get it.

I agree we need to invest immediately in a capable backup QB. We’ve needed one all year.

Cheers!

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
In the game chat yesterday it seemed most understood. Goff isn't the long term answer. The offensive line has limitations and needs upgraded. Our play calling is stupid. No one is falling for this jet sweep fake bootleg shit anymore. Reynolds needs to sit and Jefferson needs to see action, if not only for the experience. He is our long term plan, reynolds is not.

We are stuck with Goff. We have found our RB. We have two receivers who are vastly under utilized. We need to have a deep threat. This dink and dunk shit isn't working.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All I can say is that if we lose to the Cardinals next week and there is certainly no guarantee that we win that game, it will be one of the most epic collapses in our franchise history.. To be 9-4 with three games left versus two teams that we had beaten before and the one game versus the worst team in the NFL and we lose out? That's Fisher Ball right there...

Kevin

Pro Bowler
I mean when a qb supporting cast is bad than odds are he's gonna be bad too. Quarterback can only do so much.
We have a very good group of receivers, tight ends and two fairly high draft picks invested in running backs. Goff’s supporting cast of skill players is more than good enough to win the division. The offensive line is subpar but not terrible. Goff is not capable of moving around in the pocket or moving out of the pocket except for designed bootlegs which don’t seem to fool defenses anymore. He is slow to read defenses and seems to lock onto the primary receiver. When pressured, he often makes poor decisions and causes turnovers. His throwing motion seems slow, like he lost his timing. i don’t know what happened to him after the super bowl loss, maybe that ruined him in LA. Maybe he will be a good quarterback somewhere else when he is in his thirties, if he lasts that long.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We have a very good group of receivers, tight ends and two fairly high draft picks invested in running backs. Goff’s supporting cast of skill players is more than good enough to win the division. The offensive line is subpar but not terrible. Goff is not capable of moving around in the pocket or moving out of the pocket except for designed bootlegs which don’t seem to fool defenses anymore. He is slow to read defenses and seems to lock onto the primary receiver. When pressured, he often makes poor decisions and causes turnovers. His throwing motion seems slow, like he lost his timing. i don’t know what happened to him after the super bowl loss, maybe that ruined him in LA. Maybe he will be a good quarterback somewhere else when he is in his thirties, if he lasts that long.
Our o line is subpar and it’s not even close Blythe and Corbett are the weak links by far ... we had three attempts to punch it in on the one yard line ... and we could not get one yard ..

Listen to the presser mcvay had .. he said the same thing he always said about how he has to do better but it didn’t sound like coach speak ... you can tell he is taking it on the chin .. I don’t hold out much hope for next week if Wolford starts .. unless it’s the like Fitzpatrick game against the Texans in his first ever start for us and we catch em by surprise .. U.K. not counting out is out of the playoffs untill it’s official .. another winning season is the worst case for us

Sure beats talking about draft picks and where we are in picking in November though don’t you think ?

Status
Not open for further replies.