Game Thread: Vikings @ Rams (2014 Game 1)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Everyone should just take a deep breath, exhale, and remember this is ONLY week 1!! Now we will find out how good our Coaching staff is. Personally, I hope Hill is back in next week, he started out well. And I'm PRAYING Chris Long is back in their too!!

Debacled

Starter
Well, I guess the good new is that 0-1 is just 0-1, doesn't matte how bad they lost

To all the people saying shake up the coaching staff needs changes ect, cut it the hell out. They played half the game with their THIRD STRING QB. Seriously, wake up and smell the coffee teams don't do well with their 2nd stringers let alone 3rd stringers.
There is simply no excuse that justifies losing 34-6 to a 5-11 team at home. The defense was bad, the offense was terrible, there were bad penalties and sloppy play galore. I'm sorry, but there is simply no putting a shine on this one, and reflects VERY poorly on the entire coaching staff.

There is absolutely nothing pretty about having to play your 3rd QB either, and we just watched why.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Ok, switching
Everyone should just take a deep breath, exhale, and remember this is ONLY week 1!! Now we will find out how good our Coaching staff is. Personally, I hope Hill is back in next week, he started out well. And I'm PRAYING Chris Long is back in their too!!
Love Dave 51, you are so solid. I wish I was as positive as you, but in reality I am pissed at our coaching staff right now. I know what I saw, we weren't ready....

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Everyone should just take a deep breath, exhale, and remember this is ONLY week 1!! Now we will find out how good our Coaching staff is. Personally, I hope Hill is back in next week, he started out well. And I'm PRAYING Chris Long
Ok, switching

Love Dave 51, you are so solid. I wish I was as positive as you, but in reality I am pissed at our coaching staff right now. I know what I saw, we weren't ready....
It's just the Old Marine in me, I'm always faithful, and I never Quit!

OJM

UDFA
I didn`t expect much from this team once Bradford went down. I didn`t expect the team to look this bad in any game this season though. They looked like some of the players never played professional football before. Until we have a real starting quarterback again, we will continue to look this way on all sides of the ball. The defense was on the field way too much. They didn`t help themselves with penalties and the refs did call some sketchy ones. The offense did nothing right beside Quick. I really expect more of the same until next year, when we can draft a new starting quarterback.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Everyone should just take a deep breath, exhale, and remember this is ONLY week 1!! Now we will find out how good our Coaching staff is. Personally, I hope Hill is back in next week, he started out well. And I'm PRAYING Chris Long

It's just the Old Marine in me, I'm always faithful, and I never Quit!
Love it, my Dad was (is) a Marine, gunnery SGT., God bless his soul....

WOwolfOL

UDFA
Although we were playing against some back up QBs (although many of you were calling Cassel a back up QB at best before the game) and the Rams shot themselves in the foot a couple time on offense (so did my Vikings) I told you all that this defense was not to be taken lightly. I'm glad that I get to go back to rooting for the Vikings and Rams next week (felt bad for all the cheering I was doing at the game while my wife, the Rams die hard, was sitting right there)

Also I don't remember who it was but I did tell you all that Josh Robinson has shown flashes of being really good. You saw another one of those flashes today. Also
I'm really excited about Anthony Barr. I think he's going to end up a stud. Good luck guys the rest of the way. I certainly will be rooting for you guys.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why is Tavon used as a Running back

Because he ran for 689 yards and averaged 8.9 yards per carry his final year in college and then averaged 16.8 yards per carry as a rookie in the NFL.

The better question is...why not use him as a HB? He's got blazing speed, can juke guys out of their shoes and has great open-field vision. Nobody is planning on giving him 20 carries a game so I don't see how size is an issue.

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
Because he ran for 689 yards and averaged 8.9 yards per carry his final year in college and then averaged 16.8 yards per carry as a rookie in the NFL.

The better question is...why not use him as a HB? He's got blazing speed, can juke guys out of their shoes and has great open-field vision. Nobody is planning on giving him 20 carries a game so I don't see how size is an issue.

At his size he should never get the ball in the backfield.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
At his size he should never get the ball in the backfield.

How about at Darren Sproles's size? How about Barry Sanders's size? How about Warrick Dunn's size? How about Maurice Jones-Drew's size? Obviously, it's not height.

So then it must be weight? And yet James Brooks, Warrick Dunn, Lionel James, Dexter Carter, LaRod Stephens-Howling, Dexter McCluster, and Glyn Milburn all were able to run a decent amount of carries out of the back-field in a given season despite weighing 180 pounds or less.

So no, I don't see an argument here. Giving Tavon Austin a few carries a game out of the back-field seems like a great idea to me. The guy isn't 130 pounds. If he can survie the WR position, he can certainly survive 3-5 carries as a HB. In fact, he did in college. And it's not like he was playing Division III football.