Game Thread: Rams @ Dolphins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wow. Great play by Roberson. Stepped up in run D.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I've seen Rams with worse regular season defenses than what they are putting on the field tonight.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
A lot of people are down on Roberson but I like what I've seen from him this preseason.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
IF you noticed early on, they were playing a lot of 3-4 sets. They had Bates, Armstrong Steward and Wilson on the field at the same time.

And they call the 3 DL and 3 LB their "30 Nickel"...Williams is constantly yelling out personell groupings and he calls this "30 , 30, 30"
I'd have to check it because from first series I saw 5 DBs but with the hurry up offense 1st drive it was hard to chart every play. Amd I think all coaches call 30 or 40 and have the back specfied "nickle" dime" and LBers deduce it from there. . And 've personnaly heard Williams call Okie, Okie for certain 3-man line defenses.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I'd have to check it because from first series I saw 5 DBs but with the hurry up offense 1st drive it was hard to chart every play. Amd I think all coaches call 30 or 40 and have the back specfied "nickle" dime" and LBers deduce it from there. . And 've personnaly heard Williams call Okie, Okie for certain 3-man line defenses.

Okie is not for the DL, call, its when they have specific DB package, in most cases, they leave Joyner in to cover the slot and take McDonald off the field.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Okie is not for the DL, call, its when they have specific DB package, in most cases, they leave Joyner in to cover the slot and take McDonald off the field.
thanks good info. In the cases I saw it it was always a 3-man line, but it sounds like it's also for 4 man lines.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
ST. LOUIS RAMS HALFTIME QUOTES
Rams at Miami (8-28-14)

CB E.J. Gaines

(On getting his first interception)
“It felt good to get my first pick. I should have kept the game ball, but I was too hyped, so I dropped it.”

(On how he feels about the way the defense played the first half)
“We played well. We just have a lot of stuff to clean up. We have a lot of young guys out there, so we’re going to get out there and try to clean it up in the second half.”

(On if the first half tops off a good preseason for him personally)
“Definitely, but I have a long way to go.”