Game Day Menu Thread. What you cooking for game?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
What's the gig?

If you want wings find a Quaker Steak and Wings. It's a regional place and they know what they are doing with wings. Though it's been many years so who knows if it's changed.

Im lighting a giant dance competition and convention.

It actually makes me miss doing pop-country shows (almost haha...)

That sounds fantastic. If they are open for lunch on Sundays, I will check it out. I always try to find time and enjoy some good grub in each city I visit.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
I'm in my truck, outside of Chicago. Minus 20 degrees this morning, getting down there right now. Walked my happy ass into the truck stop and got some wings for later tho! Worth it.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Good stuff thanks....

What internal temp do you prefer? You seem lke you got some experience.
I don't use a thermometer on tougher cuts of meat. I use it religiously on chicken and other lean cuts though.

The best way to tell with ribs is to simply pick them up. They'll be done when they have a little give to them but don't fall apart. You can always wrap them up in foil and throw them back on the smoker or oven if you want them more tender. You can't save them once they turn to must though.
5 hours around 200 should put you in the ballpark.
You'll get a feel for it.
I still mess things up from time to time.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Im lighting a giant dance competition and convention.

It actually makes me miss doing pop-country shows (almost haha...)

That sounds fantastic. If they are open for lunch on Sundays, I will check it out. I always try to find time and enjoy some good grub in each city I visit.

The region you are in has some interesting cuisine.

There is a way to cook a steak named after Pittsburgh.

A Pittsburgh rare steak is one that has been heated to a very high temperature very quickly, so it is charred on the outside but still rare or raw on the inside. The degree of rareness and the amount of charring on the outside may vary according to taste. The term "Pittsburgh rare" is used in some parts of the American midwest and eastern seaboard, but similar methods of sear cooking are known by different terms elsewhere, including Chicago-style rare and, in Pittsburgh itself, black and bleu. One story says that a local slaughterhouse during the depression was looking to make extra money and opened a restaurant in the front. Wealthy socialites could choose their cut of meat off of a live cow and wait while it was slaughtered. The steak would then be seared to kill bacteria and served at the cow's body temperature, thus creating "Pittsburgh Rare".

So I guess you cut off what you wanted to eat and rode the cow home like the line from Cat Ballou.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Mebbe you should wait to post again until both of your balls have dropped. Leave your Guy Card at the door on your way out.

I am totally kidding and only say that because I know you have such a fantastic sense of humor.

So what is a potato burrito? And are you putting a little vodka in the tea?

Fried potatoes and (canned) roast beef in a tortilla. I add sour cream and ketchup, my wife does sour cream and cheese. You could really add anything, but I'm a simple person.

I'm not a big drinker, so not much for me there. The way the game is going I'm probably going to polish off the bottle of Crown Royal I have though.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Looks like humble pie for dessert tonight. Great season, but hoped for a better outcome tonight.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was going to go with corn flakes but someone tinkled in them.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I prefer mine that way too by a long shot.......we should ask 503 how he makes his killer ribs..........

@RamFan503 what do you say?
Ideally the meat should have to be pulled from the bone but come away clean. If anything, I would lean toward some meat sticking to the bone over fall off the bone.