FREE AGENT TARGETS?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
With the start of Free Agency ready to begin is there any news or rumors on what Free Agents the Rams might be targeting? Keeping my fingers crossed the Rams can come up with a positive surprise or two!!!

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I'd guess won't see much until the end of March. Try to find a cheap vet. Maybe swing a draft pick or 2 for an expiring contract.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They admitted that they are monitoring Odell Beckham Jr. Jakobi signing for 11 million a year means Odell won't be getting the bag he expected. No word other than that.

I'll add a bit of a sobering thought though. If anyone watches basketball here, the Lakers are known for punting off-seasons if they don't think they'll be able to land big stars. Rams might be doing the same. They are better equipped to be aggressive in 2024. There might not be any splashes this year.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Its not even really that we are punting on signing guys. We have no money to sign anyone. We had to restructure Noteboom today to even get under the cap. So, despite only having like 40ish guys on the roster currently, we have no money. Its a wonderful feeling.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Guessing this might mean they couldn't find a trade partner for Robinson so willing to hold onto him and possibly will release him or try to trade him again during camp or at the trade deadline.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Guessing this might mean they couldn't find a trade partner for Robinson so willing to hold onto him and possibly will release him or try to trade him again during camp or at the trade deadline.
I'd almost keep Arob. Not going to save too much unless the team he goes too takes most his contract. He started to play better as the season went. And I don't like heading to the season with Van as a #2.

I'd almost ship Van for a EDGE or DB and keep Kupp/Arob outside.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They finally get a couple cap dollars and you guys immediately start screaming for improvements.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I'd almost keep Arob. Not going to save too much unless the team he goes too takes most his contract. He started to play better as the season went. And I don't like heading to the season with Van as a #2.

Agree...let's see how it goes with him & Stafford in camp

dang

Legend
My guess is resigning a couple guys. Then maybe a bargain basement deal or 2 at end of FA period.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion

Yes, if they have no intentions of resigning Van next year, then yes, get what you can. I really want to see Tutu more involved next year. He proved that he has good hands and can get open, but was still barely used with a injured WR core, so not sure.

As for ARob, I'm not even considering trading him unless other team takes a vast majority of the contract. What is the point? We will just have to replace him and eat his cap hit if not. Would make zero sense to me. Give Stafford more then 0.5 seconds of blocking and he can actually throw to a WR other then Kupp.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Rams don't typically get involved with the initial free agent signing frenzy. This year even more so with the limited cap dollars. If this is the rebuild we think it is, I'm pretty sure they won't be signing a top tier free agent. Maybe not even a mid tier. Just some depth.

Its possible they don't think they can contend for a playoff spot this season. If that is the case then it makes sense to refrain from getting into cap problems this year. Set themselves up for 2024 and 2025.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Top UFA's for the Rams to consider at this time. All under LA RAM contracts in 2022!

#1-Ty Nsekhe LT/RT/LG {don't take a chance on this one lock him up on a 2 yr deal.}
#2-Grant Haley CB

Last edited:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Top UFA's for the Rams to consider at this time. All under LA RAM contracts in 2022!

#1-TY Nsekhe LT/RT/LG {don't take a chance on this one lock him up on a 2 yr deal.}
#2-Matt Skura Center
#3-Grant Haley CB
Not a fan of Skura, however, Haley & Nsekhe would be prudent.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
My 2'nd & 3'rd tier free agent choices :

OG Dalton Risner or C/OG Evan Brown (3 years)
RB D’Ernest Johnson (2 years)
ILB Devin Bush (2 years)
WR Parris Campbell (3 years)
QB Brian Hoyer if released by N.E. as expected (1 year)

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Jags got a waterboy with potential ... we might have enough space to sign him now that we restructured Boom.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

#1-TY Nsekhe LT/RT/LG {don't take a chance on this one lock him up on a 2 yr deal.}
#2-Matt Skura Center
#3-Grant Haley CB

Of our own, I might add :

DT Greg Gaines
WR/R Brandon Powell
P Riley Dixon
LS Matt Orzech

Then bring in Michael Turk as a 7'th rounder or UDFA to compete with Dixon in camp.