Free agency thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cyprien is trash imo. He should be a qb because wr’s catch the ball more when he’s on the field as Titans fans like to say.

Last edited:

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
Do you think the Rams will show any interest in Mosley? At the RIGHT price I think he could be a good addition to the Rams Defense.

It would be a nice addition but I doubt the ravens let him hit the market unless he asking for an ungodly amount of money.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It would be a nice addition but I doubt the ravens let him hit the market unless he asking for an ungodly amount of money.
I think the report already came out that they're gonna let him test the waters

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
I think the report already came out that they're gonna let him test the waters

I posted that they weren’t tagging him which means he’s set to become an UFA. But I’m saying that I think the ravens and him will work out a deal before it comes to that.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Do you think the Rams will show any interest in Mosley? At the RIGHT price I think he could be a good addition to the Rams Defense.

I doubt it's the right price. Wade seems to think he can find bargains for middle linebacker, and doesn't want the team to pay a star there - he wants the money and resources pumped into the DL and the cornerbacks. I'm hoping they put a bit more resources there than they tried to go with last year, but if the team signs a star anywhere I doubt it would be for inside linebacker. And Mosley just won't come cheaply, and would reduce the number of comp picks next year.

dang

Legend
Mosley is likely going for the "break the bank" second contract. I believe the Rams would have interest but not be a player in the $10m+ contract that Mosley likely ends up getting.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Nope. I don't see them throwing big money at an ILB. Wade is a magician with that position. I imagine they'll either stand pat (and roll with Kiser), pursue a vet who was let go (like Marshall or Zach Brown), or draft somebody.

dang

Legend
If the Rams are unable to sign Fowler - I would like to see a trade for Jerry Hughes - Bills (perhaps Higbee and our 6th - or - just our 4th???). Thoughts on Hughes?

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I posted that they weren’t tagging him which means he’s set to become an UFA. But I’m saying that I think the ravens and him will work out a deal before it comes to that.
I see .I think schefter be said that they intend to let him try free agency though.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Mosley would be a huge addition to this team. He is the one free agent that I'd love to see the Rams sign. But, like the others I think it's unlikely. He'll cost a lot and like Jrry said Wade never seems to pay big for middle linebackers.

I love the sideline to sideline speed, leadership, versatility, etc, of Mosey. It will be tough to replicate it. I think they have to look outside the team to improve. I know many here liked the Kiser pick, but he couldn't even beat out Ramik Wilson. I am guessing he's too slow and lacks range. I think Hager deserves a shot though.

If the Rams are unable to sign Fowler - I would like to see a trade for Jerry Hughes - Bills (perhaps Higbee and our 6th - or - just our 4th???). Thoughts on Hughes?

Agreed. The Rams tried to trade for Hughes. He's productive and cheap as far as good edge guys go. He's still plenty fast despite his age. He's a smart vet too.

Another guy that I would love to see them sign is Suggs. He knows his shit, would be a great leader for our younger OLB's.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Nope. I don't see them throwing big money at an ILB. Wade is a magician with that position. I imagine they'll either stand pat (and roll with Kiser), pursue a vet who was let go (like Marshall or Zach Brown), or draft somebody.
I think Kiser and Littleton will man the middle next season. Seems to be a trend to allow a young guy just to sit behind a veteran and start the next year. We’ve seen Ebukam behind Barwin, Littleton behind Ogletree, Johnson behind Alexander(before he was terrible). Obviously we have to just trust Wade.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Kiser and Littleton will man the middle next season. Seems to be a trend to allow a young guy just to sit behind a veteran and start the next year. We’ve seen Ebukam behind Barwin, Littleton behind Ogletree, Johnson behind Alexander(before he was terrible). Obviously we have to just trust Wade.

I don't see Kiser's situation as the same as the other three. Littleton played significant time the year before he became a starter, and was the starter in practice the second half of the season because Barron was being preserved for games. Ebukam played a lot in 2017 too. Johnson was playing some and became a starter when Alexander failed. Kiser could end up starting if nobody else works out, but I doubt he goes into camp as plan A, after a season basically as only a special teams player. I expect the Rams to make a move for an ILB.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Our defense up the middle sucked. I'm not comfortable rolling with our current guys, hoping they step up as a first time starter.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
There should be some guys getting released at NT & LBer that the Rams could pick up at a reasonable price. I'm sure there are a lot of these players that would like to play for the Rams next season.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
https://www.profootballrumors.com/2019/03/rams-decline-john-sullivans-option

Rams Decline John Sullivan’s Option

March 5th, 2019 at 10:30am CST by Zach Links

The Rams did not exercise center John Sullivan’s 2019 option, sources tell Tom Pelissero of NFL.com (on Twitter). The news comes as a surprise since Sullivan has not missed a start in the past two seasons and is one of the league’s most respected centers.

Sullivan, 34 in August, graded out as the tenth-best center in the NFL in his first season with the Rams, according to Pro Football Focus. In 2018, Sullivan slipped all the way down to No. 31 with a career-low 52.7 mark. The Rams, apparently, agree with the advanced metrics, which indicate that the veteran’s pass blocking and run blocking have both declined.

Without Sullivan and his veteran guidance, the Rams will likely be in the market for a center. By letting Sullivan walk, the Rams will avoid a $6.25MM cap charge for the lineman, according to Over The Cap.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
https://www.profootballrumors.com/2019/03/rams-decline-john-sullivans-option

Rams Decline John Sullivan’s Option

March 5th, 2019 at 10:30am CST by Zach Links

The Rams did not exercise center John Sullivan’s 2019 option, sources tell Tom Pelissero of NFL.com (on Twitter). The news comes as a surprise since Sullivan has not missed a start in the past two seasons and is one of the league’s most respected centers.

Sullivan, 34 in August, graded out as the tenth-best center in the NFL in his first season with the Rams, according to Pro Football Focus. In 2018, Sullivan slipped all the way down to No. 31 with a career-low 52.7 mark. The Rams, apparently, agree with the advanced metrics, which indicate that the veteran’s pass blocking and run blocking have both declined.

Without Sullivan and his veteran guidance, the Rams will likely be in the market for a center. By letting Sullivan walk, the Rams will avoid a $6.25MM cap charge for the lineman, according to Over The Cap.

Interesting. I thought McVay might keep him because he values his leadership and football IQ. That all said, Sully's play wasn't worth his cap hit. Will be interesting to see what they do at Center. I think this is the right move from strictly a play standpoint.