Free agency thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
Fowler is not as good as Brandon Graham. Like to see the details on this one.
I agree, but Fowler is younger. His age might factor into the next contract amount. No details yet on Graham's contract on Spotrac.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Then he goes elsewhere and the Rams get their third round comp pick back, just a year later.
There are reasons the Rams desire to let Suh, Joyner, Fowler & Saffold test the free agency market.

If each of them signs the suggested true market value contracts....

Suh $9.3 mil Avg. Annual Salary.
Joyner $10.6 mil Avg. Annual Salary.
Fowler (guesstimated) $ 9 mil Avg. Annual Salary.
Saffold (guesstimated) $11 mil Avg. Annual Salary.

Snead stands to reap great awards for the Rams in late February 2020 in awarded Comp selections again. Snead will need to reframe from signing UFA's & keep constant updated lists of SFA's who were 2019 cap casualties. Snead is sure to continue to consider acquiring needed players remaining under their team's contracts through trade too.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Seriously. That guy is worth $7 million per year.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We will pay it in British pounds, and like it!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Last edited:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/04/titans-expected-to-release-johnathan-cyprien/

Titans expected to release Johnathan Cyprien
Posted by Josh Alper on March 4, 2019, 12:38 PM EST
gettyimages-901980232-e1551721128993.jpg

Getty Images

Safety Johnathan Cyprien said last month that his return from a torn ACL will be “something special,” but he may need to find a new team to play for in order to prove himself right.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that the Titans are expected to release Cyprien this week. Cyprien’s contract calls for a $5.5 million salary and $6.25 million cap hit.

The Titans would clear $4.75 million in cap space by moving on, but Schefter adds that the team is open to bringing him back with a smaller price tag. If Cyprien agrees to a pay cut in the next few days, it would likely secure his spot on the roster. If not, he could wind up back if hitting the open market doesn’t work out to his benefit.

Cyprien signed a four-year deal in Tennessee in 2017 and started all 10 games he played for the Titans in his first season. He tore his ACL in August.

Kenny Vaccaro and Kendrick Lewis are headed for free agency in Tennessee, so it’s unclear who will join Kevin Byard at safety in 2019.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Lamarcus Joyner - Yikes!

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
Or have any free agents that are too costly, start their own business and pay for whatever they offer, at 200%. or more.

I see what you did there. :) I've often wondered how Brady and the Patriots get away with doing this exact thing. Surely it must be seen as a method for getting around the salary cap?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I see what you did there. :) I've often wondered how Brady and the Patriots get away with doing this exact thing. Surely it must be seen as a method for getting around the salary cap?

I figure that Goodell either thinks nobody will notice, or he’s given up trying fight Belichick and Kraft

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
I figure that Goodell either thinks nobody will notice, or he’s given up trying fight Belichick and Kraft

Surely Suh, Fowler, Saffold, Houston and any other FA we are interested in could buy a laundromat and offer to do the Rams jerseys every week for say, $100M per year?