Free agency thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I don't like the Rams picking up guys that seem to be hurt all the time.
I would guess you're commenting on Edge Rusher Markus Golden? AZ is going back to a 34 D so they will be collecting newer additions to go with Chandler Jones. Cards will most likely draft Josh Allen to go with Jones as their two starting ERs. Golden might be a 2nd tier cost UFA due to those injuries.

I agree with you here I would be leery of signing Golden & think he will be the answer to our 2018 issues @ ER posts. Rams had more injury issues @ the ER posts than anywhere else on the team i.e. Longacre, Okoronkwo, Young, Easley & Fox.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I really hope the Rams can work out something with Fowler and possibly draft that Ferguson cat.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
17 days and counting until free agency. It’s going to be a wild ride, whether it be bumpy or exhilarating we’ll soon see. So buckle up my friends and hold on tight, and enjoy the second season of football.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I really hope the Rams can work out something with Fowler and possibly draft that Ferguson cat.
I look at this way it's all up to Dante, if he wants to play on a winning team in sunny warm LA with Donald or return to the Jags type losing teams. Because he will get paid big from a losing team.

Yes, his 2.5 in the Hawai'i Bowl sure jumped out @ most of the scouts. Ferguson sure appears to be more 43 RDE than a 34 D edge rusher IMO. Not that he would not fit in the Dante Fowler Jr role just fine. He has been getting bigger & stronger with each season & I feel some additional weight gain coming his way this rookie season that might make him a lesser fit in the Wade D in the long run. He has struggled to chase and close out outside run plays so he not as good as Fowler in this skill.

Since he is still growing & he is already over 260 lbs he is going to catch the eyes of most all 43 D teams to man that important RDE post. NFL.com has him rated as the 22nd best player in this draft just one player between him & 43 D RDE Clelin Ferrell 6-2 265 lbs who is rated 20th..

To look on the positive side of this it may cause an effect that pushes 34 D Edge Rushers further down on the board like Jachai Polite 6-2 242 & Brian Burns 6-6-230 lbs towards the Rams pick. Ravens, KC & Packers will sure to be looking for an edge rusher to replace their UFA departures.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We need to keep peters the guy is a very solid number 2. He struggled badly trying to fill in as our number 1 he played so much better with Talib back in the lineup. For 9 million you have to keep him. We will have to many holes to fill if we let him walk.
I agree. Peters is a different player with Talib on the field.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Captain Munnerlyn showed his a little butt last season in Carolina, being negated to a backup role to the Nickel back.

Normally Snead is likely to look hard @ a 30 yr old cap casualty like Munnerlyn, but Rams have an excellent Nickel under contract & an under development for 2 seasons now in back up in Dom Hatfield.

Here in LA 2019, Rams need some youthful talent, size & length to their outside corners, something that the under 5-9/190 pound corner does not offer.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In other news the Whiners franchise tag their best player in Robbie Gould.