Fisher announces Austin Davis is QB going forward

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Athos

Legend
If you want to brag about be a year ahead of us, why the sudden change of heart, dude? Shouldn't you be happy and glad Davis is finally getting his chance to prove himself? But you're not. You moaning about Hill. I have no idea why. You just sound pretty butthurt to me, for w/e reason.

And spare me the "you think Davis is Jesus" BS. I thought we left that petty nonsensical crap behind at Rams Talk.

you're enamored with a two start QB so you want to dump on Hill and pretend AD is the next coming of Christ. Got it

*sigh* And you're enamored with a 13 year backup. There's no winning with you dude. I want Davis to start the rest of the year, and starting against the Iggles is his last chance to work some kinks out before facing stouter defenses. Pure logic going on right there.

But I can see where this circular argument is going, so Ima peace out.

RamzFanz

Damnit
This was definitely his best preseason so far, something seems to have clicked for the kid after working with Schotty and these receivers for 3 years. Way more time than Hill has had, btw.

The whole "I don't agree with it, and I'm going to bitch and moan about it over and over again, but I hope he does the impossible and surprises me" act has been done before, bud. If anyone's being a (insert inflammatory emoticon here), it's you.

Sorry dude, you're a year late getting on the AD bandwagon:

"I hope they start him or he comes in and tears it up just so we can return to this discussion. I remember another QB who was cut and no one ever heard of and ended up being one of the best to ever play the game. Hint: Mike Martz said he pay him $50 if he would learn to throw a spiral. Coaches aren't always right." - RamzFanz proposing the Rams start AD over KC to see what he has.

You see, you can't say i have something against him just because I'M SAYING THE SAME THING I said a year ago when KC was pronounced the starter with no effort to see what AD had.

Irony much? :owned:

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
I guess that's where I see it differently. AD being good in this system doesn't mean Hill couldn't be better. Now we may never know.

I wouldn't have changed to AD as the starter until I could see Hill. AD is a long critisized QB, and fairly so, who had 1 good game against Dallas and 1 win on a 10 second runoff against Tampa. Neither of those are astounding feats. I'm not naming any QB the starter with that record. I would see what I have, then decide.
Excuse me? Davis completed 75% of his passes against Tampa, and 2 of his seven incompletions were drops.

jjab360

Legend

"I hope they start him or he comes in and tears it up just so we can return to this discussion. I remember another QB who was cut and no one ever heard of and ended up being one of the best to ever play the game. Hint: Mike Martz said he pay him $50 if he would learn to throw a spiral. Coaches aren't always right." - RamzFanz proposing the Rams start AD over KC to see what he has.

You see, you can't say i have something against him just because I'M SAYING THE SAME THING I said a year ago when KC was pronounced the starter with no effort to see what AD had.

So now you're just arguing against yourself? :confused: Yeah, you really "owned" me, RF, I bow down to your otherworldly powers of hypocrisy.

RamzFanz

Damnit
This was definitely his best preseason so far, something seems to have clicked for the kid after working with Schotty and these receivers for 3 years. Way more time than Hill has had, btw.

The whole "I don't agree with it, and I'm going to bitch and moan about it over and over again, but I hope he does the impossible and surprises me" act has been done before, bud. If anyone's being a (insert inflammatory emoticon here), it's you.

What are you even talking about. I said I didn't like the decision. Everything else has been a reply. Do you just make shit up on the fly? :liar:

RamzFanz

Damnit
So now you're just arguing against yourself? :confused: Yeah, you really "owned" me, RF, I bow down to your otherworldly powers of hypocrisy.

Hypocrisy? You're not much for reading comprehension, are you?

We should start AD to see what he has before we just discard him.

We should start SH to see what he had before we just discard him.

Simple enough for you? o_O

jjab360

Legend
Hypocrisy? You're not much for reading comprehension, are you?

We should start AD to see what he has before we just discard him.

We should start SH to see what he had before we just discard him.

Simple enough for you? o_O
The whole "start him to see what he has" argument makes sense for young players in a throwaway season. It doesn't make sense for old career backups on a potentially competitive team with a younger player performing well. Wanna try again?

jjab360

Legend
I really don't get your obsession with Hill. The one game he started we couldn't get anything going on offense and ended up with 0 points and a crucial interception in the half that he played. Davis has had no problem moving the ball up and down the field, he's shown some real promise and might actually have a future in this league, something basically impossible for Hill at his age. Why on Earth would anyone want to start Hill in this situation? I don't get it.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Atlanta scored 56 points on the bucs a week later. I'm not convinced that AD is better than SH.
Uh, yeah. At home, on a Thursday night. For a first start on the road, I'd still say that was a great start for Davis.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I really don't get your obsession with Hill. The one game he started we couldn't get anything going on offense and ended up with 0 points and a crucial interception in the half that he played. Davis has had no problem moving the ball up and down the field, he's shown some real promise and might actually have a future in this league, something basically impossible for Hill at his age. Why on Earth would anyone want to start Hill in this situation? I don't get it.

When did you get the idea you could just make things up? Post after post you just invent new stories.

He played very well in that half. his drives were killed by penalties time and again. Did you even watch the game or is this just selective memory? How did Davis do in that game again? Any memories of that?

Why do you keep bringing up his age? Is 34 especially old for a QB? Does experience mean nothing?

A year ago I said I can't wait to revisit this discussion IF AD ever got to start. I'm saying it again. IF Hill gets to start, I'll be back to finish the discussion.

jjab360

Legend
When did you get the idea you could just make things up? Post after post you just invent new stories.

He played very well in that half. his drives were killed by penalties time and again. Did you even watch the game or is this just selective memory? How did Davis do in that game again? Any memories of that?

Why do you keep bringing up his age? Is 34 especially old for a QB? Does experience mean nothing?

A year ago I said I can't wait to revisit this discussion IF AD ever got to start. I'm saying it again. IF Hill gets to start, I'll be back to finish the discussion.
Davis: 16/23, 192 yards, 69.6 CMP%, 8.3 YPA, 0 TD, 1 INT
Hill: 8/13, 81 yards, 61.5 CMP%, 6.2 YPA, 0 TD, 1 INT

Small sample size, but it's pretty clear who was more impressive. And 34 is old for any position in the NFL. And no, experience doesn't mean nothing. Who has more experience in this offense, though? Who has more experience with these receivers?

RamzFanz

Damnit
Uh, yeah. At home, on a Thursday night. For a first start on the road, I'd still say that was a great start for Davis.

Yeah, I wasn't as impressed as you. 235 yards and 0 TDs. The Dallas game though, I was there, dude went OFF:

HOW COULD ANYONE BE DOWN ON THIS TEAM?! :wtf:

When your THIRD STRING QB plays like that, holy sh1t! He's not a superstar (yet) but he's THIRD STRING for god's sake. We should be freaking joyful that Rams took it to Dallas with their 1st string QB and damn near beat them in a SHOOTOUT, with Davis stomping Romo's stats!

How about these for headlines:

Austin Davis crushes Tony Romo! The Cowboys 1st string QB gets schooled by SECOND GAME and THIRD STRINGER Austin Davis with 110 more passing yards and 1 more TD!

Quick does it again! Dallas was the first team able to quiet Brian Quick but he still catches 2 pass for 62 yards and a TD! 31 YPC. If he weren't interfered with he would have 2 TDs and a big pile of yards! NICE job Quickie!

Britt emerges! The third game of the season may mark Kenny Britt's emergence as a season long threat. 5 receptions for 69 yards and several clinch catches! Welcome Britt, good job!

Cook leads the team in receiving! He's statistically the BEST TE the Rams have EVER had! Yes, he dropped a TD pass but at least he showed heart being pissed at himself despite leading the receiving corps all game. Most of those drives by the Rams don't happen without Cook making clutch plays and taking big hits. Keep your chin up Cook, you had a solid game!

Zac Stacey has 5.6 YPC! Good job Stacey!

Passes made to eight different players! WOW, I haven't seen the ball spread around this much since GSOT days. What depth and width the Rams have on offense! And all this WITHOUT Bailey and TA!

Defense creates 2 turnovers and SIX points! Janoris Jenkins has a pick six and Ogletree forces a fumble! Dez Bryant and D. Murray were not anywhere near as productive as predicted. One of, if not the BEST runningback in the league, was held to 100 yards! One bad play leads to a 44 yard run or he's held to 56 yards! That's amazing! Bryant was also a one play wonder. Jenkins bottled him up all day. Without that one play, he has 21 yards! The Rams D played the run so well, the two teams had almost identical yards rushing! How many 3rd down stops were handed away by the refs? At least 2 that I remember. This D played well against a FIRST STRING FRANCHISE QB, WR, and RB. Rams were tackeled for a loss once for one yard and where Dallas lost 18 yards on 5 TFLs.

Rams create first downs like it's nothing! Rams create 26 first downs to Dallas's 19! Their third down efficiency was 61% to Dallas's 50%.

Rams as good as Dallas in Red Zone Efficiency! 50% red zone efficiency and rising every week! At goal to go, Rams were 100% at 2 for 2!

Rams control the ball! Rams control the ball for over 5 minutes more than the Cowboys!

Dallas gets ZERO sacks! An improved performance by the O line and Austin Davis prevent Dallas from registering a sack!

RAMS won this game. You take away the bad calls and the Rams win. Even WITH the bad calls they were in it until the end. Austin Davis throws a "go up and get it" ball to quick and it's inches too far. If Quick catches that or breaks up the play, Rams had a very real chance to win.

I'm proud of what they did and now, with a buy week to work on issues and heal up players, I'M PUMPED about playing the Eagles, going 2-2, and heading into the division games firing on all cylinders!

@CoachO TOLD us fans would get down early when the Rams struggled getting it together with a new QB and he was right. CALM DOWN fans and be amazed at what the Rams have done to improve these last 3 weeks with a THIRD STRING QB!

Rant over.

Do NOT post negative sh1t below please. It's BS and I don't want to read it. YES the Rams can improve but this was one hell of a showing for game 3 and AD's SECOND START EVER.

I'm not jumping on the AD band wagon after 1 great game when the experienced and more impressive QB is on the bench.

We'll see how it all unfolds.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Davis: 16/23, 192 yards, 69.6 CMP%, 8.3 YPA, 0 TD, 1 INT
Hill: 8/13, 81 yards, 61.5 CMP%, 6.2 YPA, 0 TD, 1 INT

Small sample size, but it's pretty clear who was more impressive. And 34 is old for any position in the NFL. And no, experience doesn't mean nothing. Who has more experience in this offense, though? Who has more experience with these receivers?

Now add back the yards lost in penalties.

jjab360

Legend
Now add back the yards lost in penalties.
Okay.

Davis: 17/24, 203 yards, 70.8 CMP%, 8.5 YPA, 0 TD, 1 INT
Hill: 9/14, 81 yards, 64% CMP, 5.8 YPA, 0 TD, 1 INT

For Hill, there was a spot foul by Brian Quick, but the yardage still counted. There was also an OPI by Givens but the play went for no gain anyway.

Davis had a 1 yard run called back and an 11 yard pass to Cook called back due to OPI.

Did you make your point?

RamzFanz

Damnit
Okay.

Davis: 17/24, 203 yards, 70.8 CMP%, 8.5 YPA, 0 TD, 1 INT
Hill: 9/14, 81 yards, 64% CMP, 5.8 YPA, 0 TD, 1 INT

For Hill, there was a spot foul by Brian Quick, but the yardage still counted. There was also an OPI by Givens but the play went for no gain anyway.

Davis had a 1 yard run called back and an 11 yard pass to Cook called back due to OPI.

Did you make your point?

My point is that Hill had the team humming and was driving the ball. His performance was very good. He didn't create penalties like Davis has (he admitted it), he had drives killed by penalties.

Davis has had ONE great game. That game came against a suspect defense. It wasn't even a great game so much as a great half. He's had ONE win against a horrible defense who gave up 56 points the very next week. I'm not con-Davis, I'm pro-Davis, but building a season around him as a starter without seeing what the vet on the team has to offer is a mistake IMHO.

I thought it was a mistake to not see what AD had last season and I think it's a mistake to not see what Hill has this season. I don't give a hoot about who's going to be the backup or starter next season, I want to see a winning season THIS season.

Now, say what you will, the season will play out and we'll see if AD is who many have anointed him to be. I hope so. I always have hoped so. But I also wish they hadn't have acted so hastily.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook

You're crazy RFz. That's why I like you lol.