Final Cuts are starting!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TGZ

Rookie
Name
Dylan
Yeah putting Barrett Jones on IR seems like an easy way to get an extra roster spot.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Did he see any action in the preseason? If not you would think they could put him on the PUP list.

He played last night. He looks pretty decent on the blitz. I didn't notice him in coverage, though.

Rams4life

Updated cuts:

QB Garrett Gilbert
TE Brad Smelley
OL Sean Hooey
OL Mitchell Van Dyk
LB Etienne Sabino
DE Kourtnei Brown
DT Deantre Harlan
S Avery Cunningham
WR Emory Blake
OL Travis Bond
CB Darren Woodard
WR Austin Franklin
LB Phillip Steward
LB Aaron Hill
WR Justin Veltung

So that leaves 6 cuts left by my count. 59 players still on the roster.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
One of first things said at OTA was there will be Rams on the roster them playing for other teams and DL and DB were specifically mentioned, so, we may be trying to get best deals for those who other teams can use to get perhaps a QB and a solid utility OLmen. Seems like they have planned for this for months.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
based on numbers we need to ax 2 DL, 2 DB and 2 OL

Conrath and Sam, Person and Jones (to the short version of IR) amd Cunningham, and Bryant.and Roberson. And we add a QB with some experience.

all guesses. We will try to get Sam,. Hooey, Van Dyk, Bryant, Roberson, et al on the PS

paceram

Pro Bowler

Conrath and Sam, Person and Jones (to the short version of IR) amd Cunningham, and Bryant.and Roberson. And we add a QB with some experience.

all guesses. We will try to get Sam,. Hooey, Van Dyk, Bryant, Roberson, et al on the PS

I will be disappointed if the Rams cut Sam and I will be shocked if he makes it to the Rams PS.

CoachO

Hall of Fame

you are overlooking the TE position where they still have 5! No way they are going with 5 TE's

Depending on Hayes and Sims, and just how healthy both are, I think its safe to say the 6 coming from some combination of these positions (players)

1 TE (Cunningham or Bayer)
1 or 2 DBs (Roberson, Reid, McGee, C. Bryant)
1 or 2 OL (Jones, Washington, Person)
1 LB (Wilson, Armstrong Bates)
1 or 2 DL (Conrath, Sam, Carrington)

Two of those 15 are already gone, but that leaves 13 other players who could still be in jeopardy, IMO.

Last edited:

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack

I cant see person getting cut, we need depth at T. In my opinion, Washington goes way before Person. Barnes, Robinson and Person as the backups. And I'd rather McGee leave then Roberson. Guy hasnt earned his job.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I will be disappointed if the Rams cut Sam and I will be shocked if he makes it to the Rams PS.
I wouldn't be exactly shocked ,he made it through the draft ,the media crush will be just as great for the team that adds him now and a lot of these teams appear not to want Tebow like puiblicity.
I'm prepared to see us get younger ,but I'm still not convinced Mike can do against 1's what he did against 2's and 3's still I think it's worth a shot.

TGZ

Rookie
Name
Dylan
you are overlooking the TE position where they still have 5! No way they are going with 5 TE's

Depending on Hayes and Sims, and just how healthy both are, I think its safe to say the 6 coming from some combination of these positions (players)

1 TE (Cunningham or Bayer)
1 or 2 DBs (Roberson, Reid, McGee, C. Bryant)
1 or 2 OL (Jones, Washington, Person)
1 LB (Wilson, Armstrong Bates)
1 or 2 DL (Conrath, Sam, Carrington)

Two of those 15 are already gone, but that leaves 13 other players who could still be in jeopardy, IMO.

Interesting names you listed. Carrington instead of Westbrooks. Both Armstrong and Bates.

If it was me, the cuts would go...

Alex Bayer
Christian Bryant and Brandon McGee
Mike Person and Jones to IR
Lawrence Wilson
Matt Conrath

I would then look at bringing in a 6th LB or a vet backup QB.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Interesting names you listed. Carrington instead of Westbrooks. Both Armstrong and Bates.

If it was me, the cuts would go...

Alex Bayer
Christian Bryant and Brandon McGee
Mike Person and Jones to IR
Lawrence Wilson
Matt Conrath

I would then look at bringing in a 6th LB or a vet backup QB.

I like your cuts. Aside from Person. That would leave us with Washington, Barnes and Joseph as backups. Two guards and a centre. That would leave us thin at tackle. Unless Im forgetting someone. And personally I go Person>Washington anyway. Also, pray that Bayer makes it to the PS.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
NBC Sports is reporting that Harbough wants to keep 3 49er QBs, but has to see if it's ok with the GM. Because the GM has the final say on the 53 man roster. Hah! Poor Harby, his FO wants him gone so bad.