Final Cuts are starting!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
NBC Sports is reporting that Harbough wants to keep 3 49er QBs, but has to see if it's ok with the GM. Because the GM has the final say on the 53 man roster. Hah! Poor Harby, his FO wants him gone so bad.

What the? Im surprised theyre willing to keep 2 after this preseason. Id release all of them aside from Kaep, and grab Pryor to be the backup. Similiar to Kaep anyway.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I will be disappointed if the Rams cut Sam and I will be shocked if he makes it to the Rams PS.

If he is picked up by another team, I wonder if they will handle the media attention as well as the Rams have or will it become a distraction?

Memphis Ram

Legend
What's interesting to me is even after they get to 53, they still have to trade/release/waive others if they want to add someone to the roster.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
What the? Im surprised theyre willing to keep 2 after this preseason. Id release all of them aside from Kaep, and grab Pryor to be the backup. Similiar to Kaep anyway.

I guess the 3rd stringer played for him in college. Johnson, IIRC. Perhaps if he sends the GM a gift basket he might get the QB he wants. The thought of him pouting in his office just brightens my day. I may whistle a little.

bluecoconuts

Legend
What's interesting to me is even after they get to 53, they still have to trade/release/waive others if they want to add someone to the roster.

It's never really over for the bubble guys. When Bailey comes back they will need to release another. As the season unfolds others will also go as they change personnel.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
If he is picked up by another team, I wonder if they will handle the media attention as well as the Rams have or will it become a distraction?

It depends on the location of the fan base, and whether he rushes the passer well.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I wonder if we are just as guilty of overrating league interest of Rams releases like the fans of the other teams around the league posting on other message boards.:whistle:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Heard one of the talking heads on Sirius say Harbaugh would be coaching the Cowboys next year
shit wrong thread,

Memphis Ram

Legend
Jim Thomas @jthom1 · 3m
. . .to keep him on active roster. Meaning the 4th TE job would go to Alex Bayer. And that would leave 3 roster moves for Rams to reach 53.

Jim Thomas @jthom1 · 4m
I'm told TE Justice Cunningham came out of the Dolphins game with a high ankle sprain. That would probably make it impossible for Rams. . .

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Who are the players left that are on the bubble?

Bayer, Cunningham (likely cut), Sam, Conrath, Roberson, Reynolds, Watts, Bryant?

Mamfm5

UDFA
@caplannfl: While things could change by 4 pm, indications are that #Rams UDFA RB Trey Watts should be on the roster at the end of the day.

A55VA6

Legend
Updated list of cuts:

QB Garrett Gilbert
TE Brad Smelley
OL Sean Hooey
OL Mitchell Van Dyk
LB Etienne Sabino
DE Kourtnei Brown
DT Deantre Harlan
S Avery Cunningham
WR Emory Blake
OL Travis Bond
CB Darren Woodard
WR Austin Franklin
LB Phillip Steward
LB Aaron Hill
WR Justin Veltung
CB Greg Reid
LB Lawrence Wilson

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I wonder if we are just as guilty of overrating league interest of Rams releases like the fans of the other teams around the league posting on other message boards.:whistle:
You always hear a lot about trading cast offs, cuts or players on the bubble. whatever your preferred tile is to other teams. Usually their marketability is greatly exaggerated and there isn't as much compensation available as hoped. We will probably IMO just add a waiver wire player or 2 for depth.