Ernest Jones Traded to Titans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
I agree the Ramsey haul wasn't great. And I agree there is some validity to just focusing on return rather than what a player does with their new team.

Staying with your analysis, how do you factor in the intangibles the Rams clearly prioritize? They wanted to do right by the player. Whit just said the Rams have a rep for taking care of players that earn it. Now, they've developed a rep for doing right by players who they're trading away. I believe Colin recently said that the Rams have developed a rep as possibly the top destination for players.

If accepting a pathetic haul is part of building the reputation of being a top players destination, is it worth it?
Intangibles are intangible.
I don't know if its worth it or not and neither do you.
Are players deciding to come to the Rams because they traded other players where they wanted to go?
Who knows?

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
One thing kinda' intrigues me is everyone, pretty much without exception, thinks Reeder sucks, and yet Staley took him with him to the renters, and Raheem/Shula brought him back to the Rams.

Why is that? Incredible locker room guy, helps call signals/alignment, has pics... what?

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
Intangibles are intangible.
I don't know if its worth it or not and neither do you.
Are players deciding to come to the Rams because they traded other players where they wanted to go?
Who knows?
You're right that reputation is an intangible.
I asked how do you factor in the intangibles?

Are you saying that you can't factor them in your analysis?

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
One thing kinda' intrigues me is everyone, pretty much without exception, thinks Reeder sucks, and yet Staley took him with him to the renters, and Raheem/Shula brought him back to the Rams.

Why is that? Incredible locker room guy, helps call signals/alignment, has pics... what?
Cheap depth option, he knows the system, can play STs.

He only played 6% of the defensive snaps with the Chargers, and he didn't play on defense until week 9 last season. Only part of the time.

I don't think he's as bad as some make him out to be, but I certainly don't want him on the field a lot.

Psycho_X

Legend

They're entranced by his naturally smokey eyes.

fearsomefour

Legend
You're right that reputation is an intangible.
I asked how do you factor in the intangibles?

Are you saying that you can't factor them in your analysis?
Ive answered your question.
Only people in the know can factor that in.
That is no one on this board.
So, unless one is of the vapid mindset that that the organization should never be questioned or their moves discussed....who cares?

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
Ive answered your question.
Only people in the know can factor that in.
That is no one on this board.
So, unless one is of the vapid mindset that that the organization should never be questioned or their moves discussed....who cares?
Reasonable minds can disagree.
While reputation is an intangible, it can be measured at some point.
Whit saying the Rams have a good rep with players is a tangible thing.
Colin saying the same, that per his sources, players want to come here b/c of that rep is also tangible.
Contrast that with the Rams of 15 years ago where it was widely known that No One wanted to be a Ram.
This is measurable stuff. Player polls, agent comments, player comments, front office execs comments, etc. All things that Whit and Colin (two people in the know) have access to.

It's fine to question the organization. But I agree with Whit: their results are great. Trust has been earned.

fearsomefour

Legend
Reasonable minds can disagree.
While reputation is an intangible, it can be measured at some point.
Whit saying the Rams have a good rep with players is a tangible thing.
Colin saying the same, that per his sources, players want to come here b/c of that rep is also tangible.
Contrast that with the Rams of 15 years ago where it was widely known that No One wanted to be a Ram.
This is measurable stuff. Player polls, agent comments, player comments, front office execs comments, etc. All things that Whit and Colin (two people in the know) have access to.

It's fine to question the organization. But I agree with Whit: their results are great. Trust has been earned.
Trust has been earned I agree.
Mine certainly has.
I don't care for Big Whitts approach however.
He shit talks anyone who dares question the supplier of his checks.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I agree the Ramsey haul wasn't great. And I agree there is some validity to just focusing on return rather than what a player does with their new team.

Staying with your analysis, how do you factor in the intangibles the Rams clearly prioritize? They wanted to do right by the player. Whit just said the Rams have a rep for taking care of players that earn it. Now, they've developed a rep for doing right by players who they're trading away. I believe Colin recently said that the Rams have developed a rep as possibly the top destination for players.

If accepting a pathetic haul is part of building the reputation of being a top players destination, is it worth it?
I wasn't a fan of Long but let's see what he can contribute this year. Almost feels like jurys out on trade at this moment.

BTW, who'd we pick up with that draft pick?

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
I wasn't a fan of Long but let's see what he can contribute this year. Almost feels like jurys out on trade at this moment.

BTW, who'd we pick up with that draft pick?
I also wasn't a fan of Long and not expecting much.
We got Byron Young as the draft pick. I'm not sure of his ceiling so the jury is still out.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I also wasn't a fan of Long and not expecting much.
We got Byron Young as the draft pick. I'm not sure of his ceiling so the jury is still out.
And all of this also doesn’t address the cap issues the Rams were looking to move on from.
Looking at a trade like this solely through a talent prism is just not reasonable, imo.

RamWoodie

Legend
It appears to me Jones overplayed his hand in this whole thing. I would think based on the trade the Titans took on his current contract.

AppeasFBlGods

Rookie
This is so odd. Jones said that the rams were holding him out of practice as a precaution. He also said he was completely fine with playing out his last year. Then you combine it with mcvays press, and then shula saying he is going to try different guys with the green dot.. it all makes me think this was not really planned.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I will be pissed if Jones plays out the year without a new contract. He could have done that here.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Do you follow other gm moves? If he has a bad knee how much is he worth in a trade?
His knee is fine. He will be on the field week 1 for the Titans. Its the same thing as when Jalen Ramsey pretended his back hurt before we traded for him.